12" barrel revolver!!!! Tec9 mac90 something fun to open carry? Double open carry cowboy style?

Can you open carry an ak pistol?

I think I could legally carry my Draco pistol but I'm not going to do that.

If you can carry open thats the way to go until you get your paper work. You can't carry open here. If something would happen and you were CC you would become the anti gunners poster boy and they would prosecute accordingly.

The new amendment to CC law they just passed here requires that you must receive written notice that your permit is going to expire in 30 days. Also if your permit has expired for less than year they cannot charge you with unlawful carry but they can fine you up to $100.

Plus you can renew your permit online. 032.gif

• Like 1

We have a month's grace period and they recommend renewing 45 days in advance as the Sheriff has that long to get it processed.

I'd probably open carry in your situation, as much as possible.

• Like 1

OK. so I got my permit back about 8 days after the fact. I never really changed my routine at all. I don't why they would expect I would. Fuck all of them. Just a bunch of bureaucratic red tape.

• Like 2

So, respectfully speaking here, what have you learned? My point is that what the Gods give, the God Damns can take away...or pretty much do anything they choose to do in between.

Hate to brag, but in SW OR we have a very good Sheriff. A definite White Hat. My CCW permit had expired without my knowing about it and when I went down to the Sheriffs office to renew it,

The very nice lady at the desk said it had expired. "Oh shit" I said to myself. I told her I did not know it had expired. She smiled. She then said she knew who I was. More "ah shit".

"I'm fucked" I said to myself. She then talked to her boss and anyhow, to make a long and painfully boring story short, they renewed on the spot. They waved the 30 day processing period.

I am a political nobody. Also not a criminal. This is a good example of how it should be. By the way, Josephine County OR has a whopping 6 full time Deputies for a County pop. of around 90,000.

That is a long drawn out political story that would take too much time to explain.

We are lucky. Yeah, I am going to vote for him again. He also has gone public with his defence of the Second Amendment. Again, definitely a good guy. What few deputies we have left are good guys also. HB of CJ

• Like 2

^^^what he said... Learn a lesson from this. Make sure you "papers" are in order... It sucks that we have to have them, but you only have yourself to blame. Open your wallet and see when that shit expires at least ever 6 months.

I moved, got a new license, and didn't realize that my NEW license had the same expiration date as the original (my "new" ID was only good for 9 months)... I was unable to get a prescription one day because of that. PAY ATTENTION.

Now... I could go vote for Barack without any ID at all, but that's a different topic.

Edited by Maxwelhse

Mine expired back in February, been meaning to get it, so today, on the way to the motor shop to pick one up and drop off another, I swung by the sheriffs office, walked in, plopped down my EXPIRED permit, the only question the nice lady behind the glass asked me was "how long do you want it for?" I thought WTF, and then she pointed to the window, Alabama has changed the law, I can now do it for 5 whole years. I grinned real big and told her "I'll take a 5 year year one, and laminate it too", total cost $40.00.

Thank You Sheriff Mike Hale, Jefferson County Alabama and I think Congressman Scott Beason. 

^^^what he said... Learn a lesson from this. Make sure you "papers" are in order... It sucks that we have to have them, but you only have yourself to blame. Open your wallet and see when that shit expires at least ever 6 months.

I moved, got a new license, and didn't realize that my NEW license had the same expiration date as the original (my "new" ID was only good for 9 months)... I was unable to get a prescription one day because of that. PAY ATTENTION.

Now... I could go vote for Barack without any ID at all, but that's a different topic.

I know you mean well, but please spare me the lecture. I'm not to blame for shit. I've been doing this for over 20 years the same way at the same place and playing by the same rules. They changed the rules and didn't care if people knew about it. I was paying damn close attention or I wouldn't have went in the very day before it expired just like I always have. I could have gone in earlier if they had just bothered to send me a notice, or done any one of a number of things to let people know that they are doing things differently after decades of doing it one way. They even still had outdated information on their own website about renewing until I told them about it. They just didn't give a shit because I need them, they don't need me.

• Like 1

I know you mean well, but please spare me the lecture. I'm not to blame for shit. I've been doing this for over 20 years the same way at the same place and playing by the same rules. They changed the rules and didn't care if people knew about it. I was paying damn close attention or I wouldn't have went in the very day before it expired just like I always have. I could have gone in earlier if they had just bothered to send me a notice, or done any one of a number of things to let people know that they are doing things differently after decades of doing it one way. They even still had outdated information on their own website about renewing until I told them about it. They just didn't give a shit because I need them, they don't need me.

Amen Dog!  I'm in a rebelious mood today.  I'm tired of the goody two shoes shit when it comes to gun ownership.  Fuckin scum don't need no fuckin permit.  The second amendment doesn't say anything about no fuckin permit.  Shit really gets old after a while.  Fuck my gun totin image.  I've done nothing wrong with or without my guns.  Nor do I intend to.  It seems that we are guilty until proven innocent and that's total bull shit.

My firearms have brought my estranged son and I closer than we've been in years.  My whole family enjoys shooting together pretty damn regularly.  If the tards see this as a bad thing, then fuck em.

• Like 1

I'll not spare you shit... That's a terrible way to do ANYTHING...

Whatever.. I'm not trying to make an enemy here or be an internet tough guy. Just try to plan a head is all I was really saying. You can renew, in my state (when I had to care about renewing), within 6 months of expiration. There's really no excuse to wait to the last minute. You've been doing it wrong for 20 years.

Hope you've got it sorted by now! smile.png

(edit: I've had my CCW for 10 years and never managed to not renew it at least 3 months early).

Edited by Maxwelhse