Great mod for half life called counter life. All the counterstrike guns, the mobs dropped cash, and you bought what you wanted.

sounds kinda cool. the one thing that bugged me about HL2 was that they originally intended the AKM to be the "universal" firearm of the human resistance, which makes about perfect sense. instead the removed the gun from the game and made the main gun the.. HK MP7?

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/AK-47

Might and Magic on the Sega Genesis took me forever to beat.

I've never beat Ghosts and Goblins or Ghouls and Ghosts. I don't know anyone who has.

My brother got 100% on Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I'm not even gonna try!

I played Contra so much as a kid I could beat in on the first 3 lives with no continues.

Still, never beat many of the old NES games. Ridiculously hard.

beating star tropics was a chore.

Never beat ninja turtles, Friday the 13th...

I played Contra so much as a kid I could beat in on the first 3 lives with no continues.

you would probably appreciate Minibosses then

...many more where that came from

Edited by mancat

I felt sad when I said something about "skifree" and my wife said "what's that?" I thought all youngsters of the 90s knew about skifree sad.png

Speaking of skifree.. I remember stealing the Windows Entertainment Pack games and a bunch of screensavers from the school PCs - it all fit on a floppy in a single ZIP file.

My college, well before I was a student (anyone can go into a PC lab and find an unlocked computer) had ZIP drives and a T3 connection in the late '90s... I had quite a good time with that!

THAT is an achievement... I've never even made it with 99 lives... I'm nearly to the "Juggernaut hall of fame" by 100% completing Skyrim... Talk about a grind-a-thon... I didn't "need" to do it, but I did like 300 missions for the Thieves Guild before I figured out that I could stop doing them and take the next step... I think I'm to nearly 500 missions completed in that game.

Edited by Maxwelhse

<----Remember this guy?  You NEVER beat this guy.

The only game I play is Minecraft, which isn't really beatable insofar as it has no narrative.  I have built some pretty cool structures in survival mode, though.

th_2014-02-23_084245_zps2b1733c7.png

The 1:1 model of the Pantheon gave me persistent wrist pain for a couple weeks.

I have wasted so much freaking time on that game. It's freaking addicting. Lol

Dead Space 2 on Hardcore mode.

Simple. It was a good one tho.

Dead Space 1 is too scary for me to play at home alone... I've seen the most vulgar horror movies you can imagine and played all manner of terrifying games, but the surround sound in Dead Space (some of you guys that "know me" know I have a modest surround rig) just freaks me right the fuck out. I'm constantly looking back over my shoulder while playing.

So yeah... That franchise is "too hard" for me... Maybe I should just try it with the TV speakers?

• Like 2

Dead Space 2 on Hardcore mode.

Simple. It was a good one tho.

Dead Space 1 is too scary for me to play at home alone... I've seen the most vulgar horror movies you can imagine and played all manner of terrifying games, but the surround sound in Dead Space (some of you guys that "know me" know I have a modest surround rig) just freaks me right the fuck out. I'm constantly looking back over my shoulder while playing.

So yeah... That franchise is "too hard" for me... Maybe I should just try it with the TV speakers?

A little goosey are ya? haha.gif

• Like 1
A little goosey are ya? haha.gif

In that context, YES... If you've ever seen Aliens and are familiar that environment, Dead Space is nearly the same thing, except you're all by yourself (after watching your crew get murdered pretty early on in the game) and what you see is actually viewed through a helmet with a HUD which makes it seem even more detached, but its not... It's mostly the sound effects that get me. Random pipes and shit clanging in only 1 rear channel, then the other, then maybe a front channel, with NOTHING there to look at... Then you spin your character around and a silent Alien (that you have to dismember to kill.. shooting it isn't enough... you have to get the shoulders and hips) just dropped in front of you. I'm used to hearing something in a game and spinning around to actually SEE something. Not the case in that game. Just creepy shit... then nothing, then sometimes SOMETHING. You're welcome to come try it out yourself! They did a perfect job making that game scary as fuck if you have anything over a $300 Sony surround system from Walmart.

Just for reference, my best friend's wife will NOT watch a movie at my house after watching 1408 (which isn't even close to as bad as Dead Space). Maybe she'll watch a Pixar movie or something if I insisted hard enough. My fiance will NOT watch Silent Hill (the movie) with the 18"s turned on. My system does abusively subtle very well.

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 2

A little goosey are ya? :haha2:

In that context, YES... If you've ever seen Aliens and are familiar that environment, Dead Space is nearly the same thing, except you're all by yourself (after watching your crew get murdered pretty early on in the game) and what you see is actually viewed through a helmet with a HUD which makes it seem even more detached, but its not... It's mostly the sound effects that get me. Random pipes and shit clanging in only 1 rear channel, then the other, then maybe a front channel, with NOTHING there to look at... Then you spin your character around and a silent Alien (that you have to dismember to kill.. shooting it isn't enough... you have to get the shoulders and hips) just dropped in front of you. I'm used to hearing something in a game and spinning around to actually SEE something. Not the case in that game. Just creepy shit... then nothing, then sometimes SOMETHING. You're welcome to come try it out yourself! They did a perfect job making that game scary as fuck if you have anything over a $300 Sony surround system from Walmart.

Just for reference, my best friend's wife will NOT watch a movie at my house after watching 1408 (which isn't even close to as bad as Dead Space). Maybe she'll watch a Pixar movie or something if I insisted hard enough. My fiance will NOT watch Silent Hill (the movie) with the 18"s turned on. My system does abusively subtle very well.

I tried to get my wife to play it with me, mainly to scare her. As soon as the game started she said 'fuck that!" I couldn't even get her to watch let alone play, so I gave up. But I have beaten the games myself and they are fun.
  • Like 1

^^^DS1 appears to be a good game, but fuck me if it isn't scary.

I'm been called a pussy over less, so I'm good. wink.png

now... if you want to make a redneck bet... well, I could never back away from that. Terrorized or otherwise.

Edited by Maxwelhse

Not necessarily hard to 'beat', but unlocking all the achievements on Left for Dead 2 was almost past me and my online gaming friends threshold. Another grinder was fallout 3 (but i loved every moment of it) and fallout new vegas (not as much love). Especially on hardcore mode where everything has weight and you need to sleep drink and eat etc to survive.