Ahhh yes...  The Sandy Hook excuse.  An MRAP would have done nothing to stop a mentally ill teen, obsessed with his ELEMENTARY school whom blasted his way into the elementary school and then sprayed the children with bullets, first from a distance and then at close range, hitting some of them as many as 11 times, as he fired a semiautomatic rifle loaded with ammunition designed for maximum damage.  Said teen achieved a remarkable 14-1 kill ratio.  

On a side note...  I wouldn't want to go to school in Logan Heights in anything but an MRAP.

Schools just need more tax dollars, you know, for important stuff like this...

$5,000 just to have it transported. $500 a year to operate? Really? I guess nobody thought about the gas bill.

I guess they mean just fuel, and not driven often...no maintenance.

Edited by patriot

It is becoming apparent that the military is buying more of these vehicles than they need. And I don't buy the story that these surplus units are at the end of their useful life. The ones I've seen still look pretty damn good. I think it's just easier for them to dump them however they can and order brand new ones at taxpayer expense. Congress should look into that and other waste while they are examining the 1033 program.

• Like 2