SaigaSolutions.com - 10 Round Mag Pics!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why this is taking so long. According to their own web page the last update was in january and they were heading into the production phase. Now things are all quiet. Quiet on both fronts. Haven't heard anything in a while from either of the people claiming to be producing mags. I know others recently have been crucified for complaining about the mags taking a long time. I felt this was not called for. I was a member of this site when the whole Daewoo incident happened and it made me mad even though I don't own a .308. I just keep getting the same impression here. Starts out with lots of updates and info and slowly all things go quiet and no more updates no more pictures no more reassurance that these things in fact are a reality. I personally would rather have the plastic mags but if the metal ones are all thats available then thats cool. I recently got metal mags for my 7.62x39 and the weight difference was quite noticable compared to my plastic factory ones. Which really scares me about these metal mags.

Sorry for the rant but I currently don't own any eight rounders nor can I afford any. Heck I only have one 5 round mag for my S-12. So these are my only option (if the pricing works out) for Higher capacity mags. If this fades away into Saiga history like the .308 mags I will be stuck with my one little old 5 rnd mag.

Edited by stokstad

Let me add my "waah, waah, waah". I paid double what I should have to get a Saiga right away and have it tricked out the way I wanted; because I wanted the ultimate tac shottie. And today at work and at home my defensive shotgun is a Remington 870, because 1 5-round mag doesn't cut it firepower-wise. Its a shame. I'd commit an unnatural act to get a few 8 or 10 rounders, but I sure won't pay $150.00 for them. It would be nice to have a little reassurance about the 10 rounders. I still believe in Santa, leprachauns, and the tooth fairy, but I'm starting to wonder about the high-cap mags. :(

BTW, what kind of maniac would give a chimpanzee a firearm?!

...and praying!!! :angel:

cough "Daewoo" cough :lolol:

Well I'm now in the same boat as all you fu@kers now!!!

Got me a S-12 on the way! :super::super:

This waiting-for-mags thing sucks!

Oh well, one of them should come through, right? :unsure:

Unobtanium,LOL :haha: Yea, I've seen a lot of that stuff ! It was posted that the plastic mags use a chrome silicon spring. Me likey!!! I posted the question on the Saiga solutions forum, but still no answer on the spring for the steel mag. I suppose it doesn't make any difference what they are made out of if we never have any. I'm still waiting to see what unfolds . :smoke:

• 1 year later...

As I recall, he got the mag body dies made, then decided he didn't have enough capital to continue with the project. He put the dies for sale on GunsAmerica.com and that's the last anybody heard of the metal mags. I'm not sure if he actually sold the dies or not. It's pretty old news actually (notice the last post before today was in March of last year), read some of the older posts for more details.

edit: I skimmed through the thread and saw no mention of the business going under, dies for sale, etc. Must have been in a different thread.

edit: found a few threads mentioning Saiga Solutions going out of business:

Saiga-12 Ten Round Magazines

Attn: Saiga Solutions

Tromix is interested in your tooling.

Magazine Stamping Dies

Saiga Solutions going out of business sale???

Saiga Solutions

Where did they go

Edited by ozone_00