It's a backorder item, which may or may not arrive when expected.  My experience with SG is that backorders either don't ever arrive or arrive late.  YMMV.

Also keep in mind the M67 is older ammo and it is corrosive.

The last time I checked on it, there was also no mention of coming in the sealed box.
Coming in the original "can" is a big benefit to M67 that might not apply here.

This ammo has been showing up at different retailers over the last month or so.  J&G has some as well, but at a higher price.
I'm waiting to see if there is going to be a bunch of it coming in, and whether any of it will be sold in it's original cases.

a76239yugo3.jpg

It's a backorder item, which may or may not arrive when expected.  My experience with SG is that backorders either don't ever arrive or arrive late.  YMMV.

Also keep in mind the M67 is older ammo and it is corrosive.

Really good ammo BTW have a good bit stored but dont really shoot it any more since its so hard to replace.

Well the primers are a bit corrosive and that is a good thing really, very long life.

If you get a chance to buy some in person, SOME of the later production is non-corrosive, boxer primed. Primers will be flat.

I got a small batch of this a while back, just a few boxes. The brass is fantastic.

I've three sealed cases of this & one partial opened, bought it back when it was $0.16 - $0.18 a round.

The corrosive is the perfect ammo for preppers wanting to store long term.

The open case is all on SKS stripper clips, perfect for my SKS.

Wish I could afford to buy more of the stripper clip packed.

I have about a half case left. Very good ammo, the most accurate x39 for the price. I wish I had bought a few cases back when it was cheaper. Maybe get some if they have them sealed and are in the right price range at the LGS or various online retailers willing to send it here

Capt Nemo, on 08 Nov 2014 - 7:21 PM, said:

The open case I have is 1973 vintage, and I don't know about the other case.  Would love a case on strippers! (have T56 guide and 10 strippers) 

I have a small ammo can with something like 360 rounds on strippers, something like that...I think they're HP.

I have about a half case left. Very good ammo, the most accurate x39 for the price. I wish I had bought a few cases back when it was cheaper. Maybe get some if they have them sealed and are in the right price range at the LGS or various online retailers willing to send it here

Check out "The Armory" online store, they used to do one hell of a lot of web business.

Check out "The Armory" online store, they used to do one hell of a lot of web business.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to email them to confirm if they'll ship to MA. Some online dealers have confirmed with the state about the availability to ship, some do not and just wont ship. Hopefully they do as they have both the stripper clipped and regular 15 round box cases (not currently available but listed)

Edited by VR6Shooter

Is this stuff OK? My dad has like 5 cases of it, I told him its corrosive and stick to Golden Tiger.

This amongst the best in all aspects.

The corrosive aspect means sealed tins will last for at least a decade, and longer.

Just clean after shooting.

VR6Shooter, on 08 Nov 2014 - 9:02 PM, said:

AA re-cvrd, on 08 Nov 2014 - 7:54 PM, said:

VR6Shooter, on 08 Nov 2014 - 5:32 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to email them to confirm if they'll ship to MA. Some online dealers have confirmed with the state about the availability to ship, some do not and just wont ship. Hopefully they do as they have both the stripper clipped and regular 15 round box cases (not currently available but listed)

They are local for me. A lot of ammo that they list as out of stock on the web, they actually have in the store for us locals, it's gotten expensive though.

It's been roughly one half life of plutonium since I've seen this for sale.

Which isotope?

Is this stuff OK? My dad has like 5 cases of it, I told him its corrosive and stick to Golden Tiger.

The corrosive aspect means sealed tins will last for at least a decade, and longer.

A hell of a lot longer, one hopes - considering most of this stuff is already 30-40 years old.

• Like 1

Decade?  I would say more like a century.

I've fired a few rounds of poorly stored .45 with a headstamp of 1928, and it went off just fine.

I also bought a fair amount of that Polish 7.62x25 from the 50's - some of it was great, but a lot of it had cracked case necks.

• Like 1

I've fired a few rounds of poorly stored .45 with a headstamp of 1928, and it went off just fine.

I also bought a fair amount of that Polish 7.62x25 from the 50's - some of it was great, but a lot of it had cracked case necks.

At least half of my surplus x25 end up with the case necks cracked right on one of the weird three dimples crimped into them. So far they all go bang and seem to fly pretty good. Not sure how to tell the date on those. Sure wish I could find a few more tins of that stuff for about $.07 a pop.

Most of the yugo crates I have are dated late '70s. I hope it last more than a decade.

Just remember EVERY war and battle, up thru Vietnam, was fought with corrosive ammo.  And it never determined who won or lost... Corrosive also never ruined a weapon that was maintained by it's owner who cared about it.  That includes not only AK-47's, and Dragonov's, but Mosin Nagant's, Tokerev's, Makerov's, Mauser's, SMLE's, 1911's, M1 Garand's and M1 carbines as well.  Soap and water is a helluva corrosive ammo solvent / cleaner. 

Having shot black powder (DuPont and GOEX; not the "substitute" crap) for  over 40 years, warm water and  Dawn  figure prominently in my cleaning routine...

Macbeau sends...

• Like 2

Just remember EVERY war and battle, up thru Vietnam, was fought with corrosive ammo.  And it never determined who won or lost... Corrosive also never ruined a weapon that was maintained by it's owner who cared about it.  That includes not only AK-47's, and Dragonov's, but Mosin Nagant's, Tokerev's, Makerov's, Mauser's, SMLE's, 1911's, M1 Garand's and M1 carbines as well.  Soap and water is a helluva corrosive ammo solvent / cleaner. 

Having shot black powder (DuPont and GOEX; not the "substitute" crap) for  over 40 years, warm water and  Dawn  figure prominently in my cleaning routine...

Macbeau sends...

Or hell just cleaning well with Hoppes 9 and oil has done excellent over the years, no rust on any of them.

I think the key is just f'in clean the weapon like it matters. 

Macbeau sends...

Mostly, but not entirely true. The M1 Carbine was the first military rifle issued exclusively with non-corrosively primed ammunition, because it was believed the gas system would be too difficult to maintain in the field.

Macbeau sends...

Mostly, but not entirely true. The M1 Carbine was the first military rifle issued exclusively with non-corrosively primed ammunition, because it was believed the gas system would be too difficult to maintain in the field.

Even in the AK the gas system, as simple as it may be, is where things can be missed. So I can see this as being a semi-legit point as it turned out the rifle had to be used some fairly rough climates and it was a huge (smart) step to adopt the rifle. 

This is kind off topic, but still about ammo price. I went to this "Out of Town" Walmart this morning and they have that ZQ 7.62 x 51 (Turkish) $9.95 per 20 rds. I grabbed another 4 boxes. I've been buying this ammo by the box,  here and there over the past couple years........I have a shitload of it now huh.png  

• Like 1

I agree. I have SOME M67 and I only use it if I want to eliminate ammo from the equation when sighting in an optic. It's some of the most consistent grouping 7.62x39, but I have little interest in doing corrosive cleanup. With a young son in the house, sometimes I have to put the rifles back in the safe ASAP when I get home, and may not get around to cleaning them for several days.