No rip off here, local classified ad dude is selling (pic included) NIB S12 unconverted.

Trying to talk a buddie into buying it, told him I put my meat beaters on one a few weeks ago at a shop I was at with him and they had the damn thing at $999...

If he doesnt buy it, I can't because of my troubles with accounting, I will post the ad here asap

Edited by SmilinEd

Go buy it now.

Mine was $630 a few years ago.

Thats what I told my buddie just 10 min ago, I paid 600 for mine also.

I will let you know if he calls and talks to seller, if he doesn't buy I will post ad, had a $600 obo for s12 2 wks out from Christmas  I should have posted here, unconverted, less than a box through it

He made the call, left message. told seller he will buy it, geeeezzzzee, like pulling teeth....

I will update, if I run across anymore like that I will post anyone interested can pm me.

I'm not a seller, just passing on possible buying opportunities. 

Edited by SmilinEd

Mine was $600 back in '12 but they never really had a price increase in this area until lately. No one can seem to get them to stay in stock long enough to know what they are going for "slightly used" around here but I have spotted 1 or 2 in the last 5 months that were at the $900 price range.

My LGS has one on the wall for..get this...$1395 unconverted. If I could find a stock S-12 for under $600, I would buy all I could afford. Heck I paid $650 in '12 for mine, and I don't regret it at all, even with $799 VEPR 12's from Classic right now.

Buddie talked to the guy today, going to buy the S12 saturday, earliest both can get together.

There is a uninformed void out there in the firearms community, many ppl have NO idea whats available, what fair market prices are, what caliber to buy and most of the time buy a firearm because its Cheap and do not consider purpose of use.

Hopefully my friend will pay asking price and come home with it, same ad had a semi tricked out 10/22 for $425, that ad is what started this whole conversation with him calling me and asking if I would look up the ad/pic, when I did, I noticed the nib S12 from same seller. Calling him back I told him fuck the 10/22, buy the Saiga.

Anyhow, if I were on better terms with the accounting dept I might have told him to buy the 10/22

Best to all and thanks for the comments

• Like 1

by the time you posted this, the shotgun was already sold. almost too good of a deal to be true.

My friend was actually the 1st caller.

I PM'ed another member here the ad last night. You have to have some credibility with this group....haha.gif 

• Like 1

I kinda overpaid for my first one in '08 for $600 iz109. in 2010 or so a co worker sold me a like NIB IZ108 with the 3 mags he could find, and the promise of two more if he could find them. His asking price was $200, and he was trying to pay for a daughter's medical stuff. He paid $199 whatever year it was they were first imported. I tried to tell him what the thing was worth. I paid a little more than his asking price, but not much. he wouldn't take more- and that was fine, because I didn't have much more than that anyway. 

From what I could tell, he had fired one box of shells through it and chucked it in the back of the closet for years. The paint on all the moving parts was new. I'd have called it unfired if it weren't for a bit of powder residue in the gas block.

The point? There are still people who bought them around '98 or so who got them as a curiosity and a cheap import not for serious use. At the time, these were $199 retail, and some cheaper bargains. Every once and a while you will encounter someone looking to sell one and all they want is their money back.

• Like 1