Screw the project boat. Decided to buy new.

Well I just went for a brand new one. Honestly I wanted an excuse to for a long time. Not much to look at right now. But I have seats on he way they will have to install. And I plan on adding a trolling motor and some other accessories soon. Maybe even a duck blind. Pretty happy and ready to get it into the water! just so damn hot right now.

20150804_191601_zpsta7wkidp.jpg

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 12

Two happiest times in a boat owner's life.

The day he buys it.

The day he sells it.

Remember, trailer maintenance, I'm figuring you're not in SW but...

One of the biggest causes of damage and loss to boats is trailers breaking down.

Blowing tires, burning bearings and losing the whole hub/spindle assembly.

Grease them bad boys every trip.

And keep a spare tire or three.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

The day he buys it.

The day he sells it.

There's some truth to this, mostly due to maintenance but it neglects to mention all those other awesome days when that boat owner catches a shitload of fish or shoots a bunch of ducks.    Congratulations on the new toy ChevyMan.  You're going to have a lot of fun out there.

• Like 1

Keep it SMALL! Boat owners keep trading up until they finally end up with a boat they cannot afford!

You have the right idea, small,aluminum,easy!  When you want a bigger boat, KEEP THE ONE YOU HAVE!  Just rent the bigger boat for the few days a year when you need it, that is almost always cheaper than the docking fees for the bigger boat, and that is before you figure in the maintenance!

• Like 3

The day he buys it.

The day he sells it.

Remember, trailer maintenance, I'm figuring you're not in SW but...

One of the biggest causes of damage and loss to boats is trailers breaking down.

Blowing tires, burning bearings and losing the whole hub/spindle assembly.

Grease them bad boys every trip.

And keep a spare tire or three.

+100. And also enough kit in the truck to rewire the whole bastard every trip. Boat trailers are notorious, especially once you dunk those electric lights and brakes in salt water. Corrosion Block is your friend. So is replacing the flimsy wires they have with heavy gauge marine grade stuff with glue filled shrink wrap on the connections. No-corrode on all the exposed electrickery.

• Like 2

Thanks guys..good advice too. I plan on keeping up on the maintenance. Wont be in any salt water any time soon. Don't plan to be upgrading anytime soon. Going to enjoy it and keep it simple.

It's all welded sim_player. Very heavy duty construction.

I just got my trollin motor mounted and all hooked up today. Might take it out this evening. It's hot as hell in Texas right now!

• Like 5

Remember when pulling a boat to stop at 1 mile and then again at 5-10 miles and check the heat on the wheel bearings. One of these things is great, make a note of the temperature when new, and if it changes drastically stop and pack grease in it and get the bearings replaced pronto.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JA3BMDW/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_TfIXvb01DBRW6

I've lost tires and wheels on equipment trailers, it normally beats the crap out of them, takes a few hours to beat the dents down with a sledge hammer. You don't get to do that on a boat.

Otherwise nice boat..

I'd suggest non ethanol fuel to reduce your headaches.. I've got my 2.5hp four stoke apart again trying to clean the jets, I had to row to go fishing last night.

• Like 1

lol

every boat is a project boat.

aluminum boats like that are about as close as it gets to maintenance free, as long as just in fresh water.

remember to unplug the lights when you launch.

lol

every boat is a project boat.

aluminum boats like that are about as close as it gets to maintenance free, as long as just in fresh water.

remember to unplug the lights when you launch.

Or seal the connections and use LED bulbs.