Its not the end of the world but you can see it from there.

Had to go there two years ago. It's like a coral reef, the living part is built on top of a mountain of dead.

It's like Miami but 10 times worse.

• Like 1

Rahm will fix the issues! Wait, he hasn't dropped the crime rate after being elected mayor. I guess when the end game is arm criminals, him and Obummer have achieved the goal. Both must be very pround El-Chapo was found with fast and furious equipment in his possession when arrested!

• Like 1

All large cities become crap holes. The leaders forget that the reason so many people lived there is because they needed jobs, they see the factories, cement plants, steel yards ect. as unsightly. When in reality they are the reason everyone came there in the first place.

The reason the place is a seedy crime ridden place is the places that made money got shut down or forced out.. 

Edit: I'm guessing this had to do with the trump rally in chicago? I did not read about that until just now.

I'm not shocked that it happened.

• Like 1

Chicago also has the burden of having one of the most extensively staffed and most expensive Police, Courts and Jail systems for its size in the entire world.  Over 12,000 Cops for a City of under 3 million permanent residences as an example.

And ... it also has some of the most restrictive guns laws in the nation.  In spite of all the above, it also deals with the most crime and gun related deaths and injures.  How and why is this possible?  Why are all those laws and Cops so non effective? 

Wonder if it might be a "class" and "culture" situation?

• Like 1

yup. Democrat controlled cities seem to be leading the list. Mayhap the fact that democrat politicians for the most part seem to behave as criminals as well?

I cite:  Hillary, Bill, Leland Yee, ad nauseam.

And as long as the left and Soros keep pushing money and activists into these places the problems will continue to mount until one of them places literally burns to the ground. The 1968 riots will look like a pillow fight then.

• Like 1

I wish the lowlifes there would hurry up and finish killing one another for no good reason. I'm just tired of hearing about it. One would think they celebrate holidays by killing each other. I feel sorry for any decent people who live there and have no means to seek a way out.