• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? My self worth is not dictated by whom the Rebublican Party runs for office. I would think things would be much worse for Democrats...Communist or Communist Lite Cankles.

I feel bad for anyone who believes that we have something other than a two party system. I feel very bad that we HAVE a two party system. 

I'm voting for Trump because I want 4 solid years of good South Park episodes.....

Posted Images

Guido, THE PRESIDENT IS NOT ELECTED BY THE GENERAL ELECTION!!!!!!

Never was, never will be.

Hello, YOT

So, you're suggesting that we may as well throw up our hands and forget about all this voting B.S.?

-Guido in TX

I don't think that looking into the past will help with where we are going now -- we seem to be in new territory...

Oops, I take that back.

Just don't need to look into our own past but that of ancient Rome;  at one time the great power of the world.  Then political corruption, lazy decadence of the population, immorality and an onslaught of foreign invaders combined to destroy it.  Same road we are on except we also have a $20,000,000,000,000.00 debt to contend with...

Can you tell I'm a bit pessimistic about our future no matter who gets elected??? 

VOTE FOR ME!!! I'll be 35 before 11/8.

:super_man::killer:

I say guns for everyone, get rid of most of the consumer protection agency(let darwin rule), and stick something into the EPA.

I was thinking about this exact thing today...ideally what would the outcome of reset look like? For me personally, every alphabet agency would not be abolished, but would be completely neutered. No enforcement branch, no executive, legislative, or interpretive powers. If something needed to be addressed under that agency's oversight, it would have to be done through the normal federal legislative and executive branches as specified by the Constitution.

I would also keep the Constitution as written, but would add three amendments:

1. Congress shall not exempt themselves from any law passed. This includes all members of the Executive and Judicial branches as well as all employees of the Federal government.

2. The Supreme Court cannot interpret meaning or intention of the Constitution or Amendments as previously passed. (I.E your not going to be able to cite the 14th Amendment to claim discrimination for every politically correct group that feels slighted by the majority of voters.) It is acknowledged that the Constitution is a living breathing document, but it's life comes from the amendment process already set forth in the Consitution, not by changing the meaning of what has already been written. Additionally Supreme Court Justices can be recalled by a 2/3 majority of popular vote.

3. In order to vote in a Federal election, you have to have paid Federal income taxes into the system. This is defined as paying more in Federal income taxes than you have received back as a refund. If you want a day in how the Federal government operates, then you should have hard dollars contributed to its operation. There will no longer be "Representation without taxation".

But then again I have a lot of drive time between customers to dream.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 3

Hello

When was the last time in your recollection that the Electoral College went rogue and defiantly voted against the will of the populace?

-Guido in TX

Whatever else is it's purpose?

Something like this could only happen once then the whole thing is done, lot of things going on that never happened before.

You know kind of like a nuclear arsenal... made for a time when what's never happened before happens.

Hello

When was the last time in your recollection that the Electoral College went rogue and defiantly voted against the will of the populace?

-Guido in TX

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/presidents-winning-without-popular-vote/

Hello, YOT

That article doesn't state the Electoral College didn't do it's appointed duty, it states that there was a disparity between the popular vote and the Electoral College votes. 

I would guess they represent designated areas much as delegates do, in which case one could expect that, since densely populated areas will trump rural areas every time.

I really don't care much about that, but do care that every time I post something political, you seem inclined to look past the message and try to find fault with the posting.

Do you disagree with what I post? Do you think I'm stupid or illiterate? Have I offended you in years past that I have long since forgotten about, but you evidently have not?

I'm trying to post about a path forward out of this political mess. I don't want the choice of Kasich / Klinton. And frankly, I don't have much faith left in the whole "ballot box" thing either, but I don't hold much hope in the alternatives..

But I feel an obligation to my family and to those who went before me to give it my best. 

At any rate, I'm not here to engage in some 'tarded internet argument about nothin'.

-Guido in TX

Hello

-Guido in TX

Something like this could only happen once then the whole thing is done, lot of things going on that never happened before.

You know kind of like a nuclear arsenal... made for a time when what's never happened before happens.

Hello

I'm not about to say it can't happen.

What I am saying is I'm going to do everything in my power to keep Kasich / Klinton out of the Oval Office. And throwing up one's hands and not voting because of the possibility of this or one of many other acts of corruption taking place practically guarantees a demo-commie in the Oval Office.

-Guido in TX

Hello

-Guido in TX

Hello

I'm not about to say it can't happen.

What I am saying is I'm going to do everything in my power to keep Kasich / Klinton out of the Oval Office. And throwing up one's hands and not voting because of the possibility of this or one of many other acts of corruption taking place practically guarantees a demo-commie in the Oval Office.

-Guido in TX

You're running for office??

Edited by YOT

Hello

-Guido in TX

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/presidents-winning-without-popular-vote/

Hello, YOT

That article doesn't state the Electoral College didn't do it's appointed duty, it states that there was a disparity between the popular vote and the Electoral College votes. 

I would guess they represent designated areas much as delegates do, in which case one could expect that, since densely populated areas will trump rural areas every time.

I really don't care much about that, but do care that every time I post something political, you seem inclined to look past the message and try to find fault with the posting.

Do you disagree with what I post? Do you think I'm stupid or illiterate? Have I offended you in years past that I have long since forgotten about, but you evidently have not?

I'm trying to post about a path forward out of this political mess. I don't want the choice of Kasich / Klinton. And frankly, I don't have much faith left in the whole "ballot box" thing either, but I don't hold much hope in the alternatives..

But I feel an obligation to my family and to those who went before me to give it my best. 

At any rate, I'm not here to engage in some 'tarded internet argument about nothin'.

-Guido in TX

Lets not lose sight of the point, there is an illusion here and we are not served well by it.

I do not wish to crush hopes but to point out building hopes based on falsities leads to nothing good.

We have been giving it "our best" for a good while now as I can remember at no time in my life some dire crisis did not loom over elections. And Im kind of an old guy.

Think about how on earth can that be possible and us still be here, troubled as we are, given both sides always claimed not being on their side would bring catastrophe?

It can not

Oh its not that the situations were made up they seemed real enough it is just the elections had little to no bearing on them.

So just deal with one point, whatever else could be the purpose of the Electoral College. It a fairly important point in so far as what is believed to be true and what really is so.

• Like 1

Hello

I don't really care what the point or purpose of the Electoral College is at the moment, it is outside of my control. We have an election coming up in 8 months and I don't see things such as that being changed before November.

What I am interested in is trying to work within the existing framework to find a means to counter the shenanigans being dealt by the RNC, in my case. There may be others who feel the same way about the DNC, I couldn't care less.

Once again, I'm not the guy to stand and defend the integrity of our election process, the people involved in it, etc. I'm just the guy who sees little hope in giving up on the whole thing because the Electoral College or whatever is flawed and we'll never straighten that out, or voting machines might be rigged, or dem's and repub's are all the same anyway, or whatever.

Personally, I think the day we start shooting at each other, or LEO's, or whoever we are supposed to be shooting at when "TSHTF" will be the darkest day in this Country's history, and quite likely the beginning of the end of Her. That will be the culmination of the biggest conspiracy ever foisted on this Country.

I can't imagine that any of you with children and/or grandchildren doesn't understand that logic.

JMHO, as always.....

-Guido in TX

Hello

My efforts here and now are to start a nationwide write-in campaign to get the Repub. with the most delegates written in as the General Election candidate, as it should be.

Failing that, I suppose I would hold my nose and vote an anti-Hitlery vote.

And vow to work my ass off to not let it happen again, if there is an again.

-Guido in TX

Hello

I don't really care what the point or purpose of the Electoral College is at the moment, it is outside of my control. We have an election coming up in 8 months and I don't see things such as that being changed before November.

What I am interested in is trying to work within the existing framework to find a means to counter the shenanigans being dealt by the RNC, in my case. There may be others who feel the same way about the DNC, I couldn't care less.

Once again, I'm not the guy to stand and defend the integrity of our election process, the people involved in it, etc. I'm just the guy who sees little hope in giving up on the whole thing because the Electoral College or whatever is flawed and we'll never straighten that out, or voting machines might be rigged, or dem's and repub's are all the same anyway, or whatever.

Personally, I think the day we start shooting at each other, or LEO's, or whoever we are supposed to be shooting at when "TSHTF" will be the darkest day in this Country's history, and quite likely the beginning of the end of Her. That will be the culmination of the biggest conspiracy ever foisted on this Country.

I can't imagine that any of you with children and/or grandchildren doesn't understand that logic.

JMHO, as always.....

-Guido in TX

Logic does not always coexist with fact. Sad, I know.

Odd Man Out, on 07 Apr 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

tatonic, on 07 Apr 2016 - 6:48 PM, said:

I've already said if Trump gets fucked I'm out. If Cruze wins fair and square, well go Cruze.

So if neither trump or cruz you are going for hitlery???

smart...  very smart.

Thats hillarious.

First, if any foul play happens on the GOP side, the Dems win. If they win we lose. 

Edited by tatonic

"if any foul play happens..."

The dems win only if children get pissed and refuse to play on the republican side like yourself.  But honestly in my view there is to be no "winning" for anyone in this election cycle -- the vast majority of idiots that inhabit our once great country have decided that the best we can do is to elect either hitlery or trump to lead us.  For a few who have their eyes open, that is sad indeed!

Odd Man Out, on 07 Apr 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

tatonic, on 07 Apr 2016 - 6:48 PM, said:

I've already said if Trump gets fucked I'm out. If Cruze wins fair and square, well go Cruze.

So if neither trump or cruz you are going for hitlery???

smart...  very smart.

Thats hillarious.

First, if any foul play happens on the GOP side, the Dems win. If they win we lose. 

"If"?? Dude, you think we're winning?

I lost faith in people when Obama got elected.

God is my rock now, more than ever.

I know how this story ends.

Understood, well we have a clue whats going on but specifics are hazy as hell.

The only thing I can do at this point is try to show there is no hope in government no matter the type.

But still some are worse than others not that it will matter in the end.

God keep yall

The only thing I can do at this point is try to show there is no hope in government no matter the type.

God keep yall

RUSH has been on my playlist since '85.

One of the top 5 bands that influenced me.

God keep yall

RUSH has been on my playlist since '85.

One of my top 5 bands.