• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I absolutely love it. It drives both sides of the isle nuts. The GOP elite simply need to look in the mirror to determine fault. Ignoring the will of the people has consequences.

IMHO, I believe Mychal Massie stated it best back during January (an excerpt):   "Trump is not a conservative... neither does Trump view himself as a conservative.... Trump is a pragmatist.  He sees

Message to Trump supporters. A lot of us are going to vote for him in spite of his obvious shortcomings. Just take that and don't try to make everybody a true believer.   Piss in my ear enough abo

Posted Images

We also must understand there is a single political power block in this Nation and perhaps the World.  We have two divisions of the same "Powers That Be".   Two divisions ... the GOP and the DEMOS.  Like said before in history, not a dime's worth of difference between them.  Yup!

Trump is an outsider?  Not one of the insiders?  Will the "Powers That Be" by any and all means attempt to defeat Trump?  It seems Trump is not a politician.  He is a capitalist.  I will be surprised if he makes it to the November general election.  Will he make it through the GOP convention?

Perhaps we do not understand Trump because he has not been muzzled by the prearranged political straight and narrow?  Will the GOP convention "Dump Trump"?  We need to buy popcorn, peanuts and good beer.  Going to be very interesting between now and November.  Yikes indeed!

• Like 1

BTW I think it was Wallace that first used the dimes worth of difference between the Rs and Ds.

Turned out to be true... who knew.

Everyone having fun pretending there is anything that can be done?

Still think any of this could have occurred without the complete co-operation of both parties?

Think about that

I think I had to become old to even understand what inevitable truly means.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 2

IMHO, I believe Mychal Massie stated it best back during January (an excerpt):

"Trump is not a conservative... neither does Trump view himself as a conservative.... Trump is a pragmatist.  He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed.  He then sets about fixing it.  He doesn't see the problem as liberal or conservative; he sees it only as a problem.  That is a quality that should be admired and applauded, not condemned....

Viewing problems from a liberal perspective has resulted in the creation of more problems, more entitlement programs, more victims, more government, more political correctness and more attacks on the working class in all economic strata.  Viewing things according to the so-called Republican conservative perspective has brought continued spending, globalism to the detriment of American interests and well-being, denial of what the real problems are and weak, ineffective, milquetoast leadership that amounts to Barney Fife, deputy sheriff -- appeasement-oriented and afraid of its own shadow.  In brief, it has brought liberal ideology with a pachyderm as a mascot juxtaposed to the ass of the Democrat Party.

You may not like Donald Trump.  I suspect that the reason people do not like him is because: 1) he is antithetical to the "good old boy" method of brokering backroom deals that fatten the coffers of politicians; 2) they are unaccustomed to hearing a candidate speak who is unencumbered by the financial shackles of those who own him vis-a-vis donations; 3) he is someone who understands that it takes more than hollow promises and political correctness to make America great again.

I submit that a pragmatist might be just what America needs right now.  And as I said earlier, a pragmatist sees a problem and understands that the solution to fix same is not about a party, but a willingness and boldness to get it done.

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance, but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure."

Me personally as a conservative, I can totally get behind a guy that is a pragmatist, specifically with regards to our fu@#ed-up government political system.

• Like 8

What's more amusing than the dog and pony show is the dimwits that still think their vote in the general election matters to the 538 that are going to put hillary in the office. Keep up the good work.

I voted for my representatives. I voted in the primary. Now it is beyond my control. 

Here is how much it matters to "we the people". Do the math for your town. The information should be on your county's website.

In my town: Population 938, 24 Voted in the demoratic primary (Clinton won with 20), 104 Voted In the Republican primary (Trump won with 56). So, rounding up, just 13% of the towns population voted in what is the closest thing to an "election" that will matter for the presidency.

Our state's primary is held after the candidates have been chosen by your 13%. Feel lucky.

• Like 3

What's more amusing than the dog and pony show is the dimwits that still think their vote in the general election matters to the 538 that are going to put hillary in the office. Keep up the good work.

I voted for my representatives. I voted in the primary. Now it is beyond my control. 

Here is how much it matters to "we the people". Do the math for your town. The information should be on your county's website.

In my town: Population 938, 24 Voted in the demoratic primary (Clinton won with 20), 104 Voted In the Republican primary (Trump won with 56). So, rounding up, just 13% of the towns population voted in what is the closest thing to an "election" that will matter for the presidency.

Our state's primary is held after the candidates have been chosen by your 13%. Feel lucky.

The entire system is fucked, man. We know that. It was designed at a time when you didn't get to the polls if you didn't have a horse. You depended on delegates and electors. That isn't nessecary in this day and age.

• Like 1

IMHO, I believe Mychal Massie stated it best back during January (an excerpt):

"Trump is not a conservative... neither does Trump view himself as a conservative.... Trump is a pragmatist.  He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed.  He then sets about fixing it.  He doesn't see the problem as liberal or conservative; he sees it only as a problem.  That is a quality that should be admired and applauded, not condemned....

Viewing problems from a liberal perspective has resulted in the creation of more problems, more entitlement programs, more victims, more government, more political correctness and more attacks on the working class in all economic strata.  Viewing things according to the so-called Republican conservative perspective has brought continued spending, globalism to the detriment of American interests and well-being, denial of what the real problems are and weak, ineffective, milquetoast leadership that amounts to Barney Fife, deputy sheriff -- appeasement-oriented and afraid of its own shadow.  In brief, it has brought liberal ideology with a pachyderm as a mascot juxtaposed to the ass of the Democrat Party.

You may not like Donald Trump.  I suspect that the reason people do not like him is because: 1) he is antithetical to the "good old boy" method of brokering backroom deals that fatten the coffers of politicians; 2) they are unaccustomed to hearing a candidate speak who is unencumbered by the financial shackles of those who own him vis-a-vis donations; 3) he is someone who understands that it takes more than hollow promises and political correctness to make America great again.

I submit that a pragmatist might be just what America needs right now.  And as I said earlier, a pragmatist sees a problem and understands that the solution to fix same is not about a party, but a willingness and boldness to get it done.

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance, but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure."

Me personally as a conservative, I can totally get behind a guy that is a pragmatist, specifically with regards to our fu@#ed-up government political system.

Exactly, excellent piece of simple analysis.

Still getting some tee-shirts done with the "Trump BFYTW" as the man's presence in the race  just screams "poke in the eye" to certain factions that have been screwing us for decades.

There will be consequences, I am good with that.

Edited by Rhodes1968

Again, He's the guy in the backroom deal bribing the politicians. He is THE good ol' boy.

He is the Union Pacific boss bribing congress to grant his venture land and money which goes bust, but lives fat. He believes not in practicality, but in IMAGE, and power, in that order. Most of his ventures have failed, basically all of them have cost everyone involved greatly but he will pay to keep the press good about them.

For the first time in decades, we had the chance to have a nominee who practically worships the Constitution....  And it was blown thanks to the power of stupid people in large numbers.

I'm sorry but Ted Cruz just simply does not have any appeal in the general election. Right down to his voice, his mannerisms, his speech style, his looks. It works with his base very well. But it does not work in the places he would need to win. I'd rather not have President Clinton. 

• Like 3

For the first time in decades, we had the chance to have a nominee who practically worships the Constitution....  And it was blown thanks to the power of stupid people in large numbers.

I'm sorry but Ted Cruz just simply does not have any appeal in the general election. Right down to his voice, his mannerisms, his speech style, his looks. It works with his base very well. But it does not work in the places he would need to win. I'd rather not have President Clinton. 

So, you guys nominated the one guy on the republican side that Hillary has the best shot at beating.  Thanks a ton.  If you care at all about what the polls showed, they pretty much all showed Cruz doing better against Hillary than Trump.  I'm not one of these guys who is going to stay home on election day, or throw my vote away with a protest candidate (which is really a vote for Hillary), but I sure as hell wish we'd gotten pretty much any of the others out of the 15 who ran.  Bottom line is at least 60% of the republican base wanted somebody other than Trump, and it's going to be tough to get those people to the polls.  A big portion of Trump's so-called support in the primaries are going to go right back to voting "D" in the general election as they always have.

Trump's negatives in the general are a lot worse than Cruz's ever were...  His disrespect for women alone is enough to throw the election to Hillary.

• Like 2

I would not place too much faith in what you see on TV or polls that are being cited. I've seen a few of the races unfold over the years, six months out is still a long way away. Also, I would not fret if your candidate did not make it to the top of the smoldering heap. The GOPe hated his guts, and there is never any guarantee they would have paid an once of attention to his agenda. And besides, the GOP convention hasn't been held yet. As in magic, pay close attention to what is not so clear to the naked eye.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/12/the-front-runner-fallacy/413173/

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 4

Well, the AVERAGE IQ of the USA is ~98, give or take a few points, Not impressive.

P.T. Barnum made a fortune conning the lower IQs out of their money.

• Like 2

So, you guys nominated the one guy on the republican side that Hillary has the best shot at beating.  Thanks a ton.  If you care at all about what the polls showed, they pretty much all showed Cruz doing better against Hillary than Trump.  I'm not one of these guys who is going to stay home on election day, or throw my vote away with a protest candidate (which is really a vote for Hillary), but I sure as hell wish we'd gotten pretty much any of the others out of the 15 who ran.  Bottom line is at least 60% of the republican base wanted somebody other than Trump, and it's going to be tough to get those people to the polls.  A big portion of Trump's so-called support in the primaries are going to go right back to voting "D" in the general election as they always have.

Trump's negatives in the general are a lot worse than Cruz's ever were...  His disrespect for women alone is enough to throw the election to Hillary.

Thats exactly right!!

A SUBSTANTIAL portions of trumps vote was democrats fouling the election

Go for your "pure conservative" over the overwhelming choice of the People!

LOOSE to Hillary and cry about how she stole the election.

DO NOT LOOK in the mirror to see the face of the Republican Quisling that destroyed the chance to slay the Hilda beast by tearing their best Candidate apart.

UNITE! Go for a WINNER for a change,WHY do you keep pushing your fucking unwanted assholes - we have a candidate that can win- the election is our to win, unless YOU throw it away.

• Like 1

Except for Article II Section 1

• Like 1

Trump can crash and burn all by himself, he needs little help from us to do so.

This is SO much less about a prefered candidate, than it is about trumps behaviour during the primaries.

His record is pure crap as well!

I like many, remain uncommitted and unconvinced.

I see little proof trump is fundamentally different from hillary  

• Like 1

Except for Article II Section 1

And with that you've outed yourself as the sort of gullible, low-information type who got us into this mess.  The meaning of "natural born" is never defined in Article II, Section 1.  Does it mean that the children of US citizens who happen to be born overseas lose their citizenship?  Or the children of US military members serving overseas?  That would be neither right, nor consistent with the intent of the section.  Fact of the matter is, the US Congress has the authority to flesh out exactly what the term "natural born" means, and it has done so.  And under the laws established by Congress, Ted Cruz is a natural born US citizen.  If he's not, since he has neither a green card, nor naturalization papers, then what you are saying is that he's an illegal alien.  Nobody who understands how the law is written, and has not been decieved by some huckster is making that claim.  Since it would have made him ineligible to hold any office under the United States, we certainly would have heard about that from his opponents in both the primary and general elections for his seat in the Senate, especially given how much is at stake with a Senate seat.  But we never heard a peep about it until now, because it's all bullshit, and the only people buying it are the sort of idiots who think that Trump is presidential in the first place.

Fewer bodies buried ...

And that's the reason why if Trump is the alternative to Hillary, I will still drag my ass into the booth to vote for the POS.  While Trump may in fact turn out to be just as bad, Hillary Clinton must never again be allowed anywhere near the levers of power. Our service members must not be once again subject to the same disdain for the military that the Clintons brought the last time they occupied the White House, and the woman who abandoned a US ambassador and those who had come to his aid, must not become the commander in chief of the military. The woman who compromised many of our gravest secrets in the process of attempting to evade the normal standards of accountability for a civil servant, must never be given ultimate responsibility for the national security.

Trump is an amoral, self-serving douchebag who is likely to turn around and $#%^ us in the end on any number of issues. But given a choice between amoral and pure evil, I will choose amoral every time. I will not allow Hillary Clinton to become POTUS through my inaction, no matter how much I dislike the alternative, or how upset I may currently be with some of those who are nominally on “my” side.

If the dims end up nominating Sanders, or some other liberal douche who doesn't currently have the blood of good Americans on his hands, then I don't know what I will do.

Go for your "pure conservative" over the overwhelming choice of the People!

LOOSE to Hillary and cry about how she stole the election.

DO NOT LOOK in the mirror to see the face of the Republican Quisling that destroyed the chance to slay the Hilda beast by tearing their best Candidate apart.

UNITE! Go for a WINNER for a change,WHY do you keep pushing your fucking unwanted assholes - we have a candidate that can win- the election is our to win, unless YOU throw it away.

Trump was the overwhelming choice of maybe a quarter of republicans, plus a bunch of liberal douchebags who crossed over to vote in the republican primaries.  In the states with closed primaries, Cruz usually beat Trump.  The overwhelming choice of republicans by about 60% was to vote for anybody but Trump.  The only reasons Trump had any chance at all was because of the liberal media backing him, plus a bunch of other shitheads who wouldn't get out of the race despite having no chance.  So now we are stuck with the 40% candidate.

Who sets the rules for those primaries?

Yep the Rs, no one complained until the results went counter to expectations.

For crying out loud look at what happened to CO, the entire election/caucus process was sandbagged to give it all (anoint) to Cruz by... Repubs.

what-the-hell

When I say I've no horse in this it does not mean I've no interest. Voting? I dunno god willing and the creek dont rise maybe.

Legitimacy matters and I see none of it in this.