I've been saying for years that people are fools if they thought the ATF and other alphabet agencies weren't keeping ALL records of firearms sales.

They've been copying FFL's bound books for years and they keep those books when one goes out of business.

If it went through a NICS they know you bought/have it.

The ATF Is Illegally Hoarding American Gun Owners’ Personal Information

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/02/the-atf-is-illegally-hoarding-american-gun-owners-personal-information/

No shit...REALLY?

My buddy saw them brazenly copying stuff from his bound book right in front of him. (Gun shop owner).

So 30 years ago if somebody legally bought a bunch of things would the name still be on some illegal BATFE swat team death squad hit list?  I bet the list is bigger than what is being spouted.  Much bigger.  And just why is the BATFE holding illegally onto such private information?  The answer may be they are that 400 pound unleashed Gorilla and they will do exactly what they want.  Another reason to vote for Trump?  Dunno yet.  Yikes!  :(

But as of yet, in most places, they have no way of knowing about a gun that you sold privately that you purchased on a 4473 years ago. Even in NY before 2013 I could sell any long gun I owned without a dealer. So I sold a bunch before the SafeAct. I would recommend everybody do the same while you can. *wink wink

I sold every firearm I ever bought from a dealer. Except the ones I have stamps for. Yep, all guns sold. I needed the money for my chotski collection.

Universal background checks is registration plain and simple.

Edited by Darth Saigus

To trace everyone who has purchased a legal firearm for registration it would take 50 years and thousands of new gov. employees and billions of dollars if then.

Nothing is computerized it is all paper and Micro.

It may work some what in ozzyland but look at the population very small compared to us. Trust me some of them still have guns.

• Like 1

Honestly concepts like registration and the ATF's database are child's play. They've been obsolete for years.

With what has been leaked, we know that the NSA can monitor call records, SMS/MMS records and content, EXIF and GPS location data, both embedded in photos taken electronically by your device, as well as in real time while the device is powered on. (Ever wondered how Google Maps knows there's traffic in a certain spot on I-95 or Pokemon GO knows where to make that Pikachu appear? The device streams real-time location data to Google unless opted out...if you think I'm making this up, visit Your Google Maps Timeline  ) On top of this your home broadband and all social media and web use are also capable of being monitored. 

And it's not a forcible effort, either. Cell/Broadband providers such as AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner, as well as content companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, Skype, Twitter, and countless other companies all willingly hand over your personal identifiable proprietary information to the NSA. Some are happily complicit, others are powerless to say no, but publish the volume of requests publicly to try and draw attention to the matter. For example, Facebook gave out the information of 21,000 US users in the first half of 2013. Google gave out 41,000. 

At the end of the day, anything you've typed, said, posted, viewed, sent, received, has or at least can be viewed. So you can say you sold your guns but that pic you posted on the Saiga boards last week has your GPS coordinates in the EXIF data.

I guess for now, the saving grace is that there is simply so much data being collected by so many massive agencies, that it's all just noise, static. But one day, when the compiling gets better and the data more organized, that will be the end of privacy as you know it.

This is why Digital Privacy is, in my opinion, the #1 issue of our time. You know how they say there's no First Amendment without the Second? Well there's no Fourth Amendment (and the first and second gone soon after) with modern technology unless things change. 

Edited by randumbthoughts
  • Like 1

Honestly concepts like registration and the ATF's database are child's play. They've been obsolete for years.

With what has been leaked, we know that the NSA can monitor call records, SMS/MMS records and content, EXIF and GPS location data, both embedded in photos taken electronically by your device, as well as in real time while the device is powered on. (Ever wondered how Google Maps knows there's traffic in a certain spot on I-95 or Pokemon GO knows where to make that Pikachu appear? The device streams real-time location data to Google unless opted out...if you think I'm making this up, visit Your Google Maps Timeline ) On top of this your home broadband and all social media and web use are also capable of being monitored.

And it's not a forcible effort, either. Cell/Broadband providers such as AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner, as well as content companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, Skype, Twitter, and countless other companies all willingly hand over your personal identifiable proprietary information to the NSA. Some are happily complicit, others are powerless to say no, but publish the volume of requests publicly to try and draw attention to the matter. For example, Facebook gave out the information of 21,000 US users in the first half of 2013. Google gave out 41,000.

At the end of the day, anything you've typed, said, posted, viewed, sent, received, has or at least can be viewed. So you can say you sold your guns but that pic you posted on the Saiga boards last week has your GPS coordinates in the EXIF data.

I guess for now, the saving grace is that there is simply so much data being collected by so many massive agencies, that it's all just noise, static. But one day, when the compiling gets better and the data more organized, that will be the end of privacy as you know it.

This is why Digital Privacy is, in my opinion, the #1 issue of our time. You know how they say there's no First Amendment without the Second? Well there's no Fourth Amendment (and the first and second gone soon after) with modern technology unless things change.

I usually use three more layers of protection, when I'm not visiting here.

VPN

TOR

STARTPAGE

1984, what was that about??

No face-space or twit-wit here.

Edited by Sim_Player

VPN

TOR

STARTPAGE

I'd say overall, Brave New World is much more relevant to our current situation than 1984. The truth is out there, and there's nothing stopping anyone from doing their own research. However, it's drowned out in a sea of noise, rather than overtly censored or prohibited. It's more apathy than anything else. 

I used to think Tor was safe too, until one of its founders got a job making malware for defense contractors to identify Tor users, and providing the FBI with inside information about its network and users. 

http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/government-contractor-tor-malware/

VPN

TOR

STARTPAGE

I'd say overall, Brave New World is much more relevant to our current situation than 1984. The truth is out there, and there's nothing stopping anyone from doing their own research. However, it's drowned out in a sea of noise, rather than overtly censored or prohibited. It's more apathy than anything else. 

I used to think Tor was safe too, until one of its founders got a job making malware for defense contractors to identify Tor users, and providing the FBI with inside information about its network and users. 

http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/government-contractor-tor-malware/

It more of a blend of Brave New World, then 1984, and lastly The Road.

Degeneracy, Oppression, Hopelessness in that order.