my conversion - bad to the bone

I had wondered if you could put another gun in the muzzlite frame I just wouldn't have believed the shotty would fit! That is badass, which model frame did you start with? I must do this! Please elaberate!

-----

The muzzle break I bought from an add in the shotgun news about 4 years ago.

I do not remember where it came from but they are offered for all 12 gauge shotguns. I emailed him and told him it was for a saiga 12 and he sent the one for it.

it is made of thick aluminum. sorry I have thrown away the old SGN article.

as the bull pup goes - I used a mini-14 kit which I hated when I put it with the mini 14 because the sights sucked for a rifle but are great for a shotgun.

as you can see from the left side picture - notice all the rivets going down the side.

I used a piece of hardened aluminum [ from a street sign ] :eek:

and reinforced it the whole length inside and have fired over 100 rounds of buckshot with no problems at all..

the right side will unbolt if I wanted to go in - but the top on the back has one screw that will allow a hinge to open it up for cleaning.

in case anyone missed my first round fix - here is a 2 3/4" S&B buckshot round with the end reinforced with JB Weld. [ do not do this to a crimped shell! ]

could create to much pressure

post-2-1103647233.jpg

here is what I use for the Bump in the night thing.

I have no lights at all where I live so it stays very dark inside my protected property. so my German Shepard's and I own the night.

notice the laser that my left thumb controls .

this works well with my 3+ Gen Litton PVS7B Goggles

Semper Fi

post-2-1103647538.jpg

Is that a standard AK handguard? Did you have to trim it to fit? Looks like its attached to the regular hand guard hole. Is that tab of metal connected to a retainer ring or directly to the hand guard?

yes this is a standard AK hand guard. I used a wood bit in my drimmel tool to auger out a tight fit and made a steel tab to fit under the front Sling ring to hold it in place.

it has been a while since this was done and I tinker all the time so I do not remember if there was any taper to the barrel or not.

here is an example of what I usually do.

this is my 308 saiga that I converted a long time ago. I have to say it is most pleasurable to go to the range with match 308 ammo placed in a common military box and out shoot the AR15 guys! :eek:

the scope is a German made Zeiss AK74 [ZFK 4x25] which is the best I have found.

I tell them it is even better with the good ammo just to screw with the " an AK is not an accurate weapon guys " :haha:

I fired Expert every year in the Marines but make them think I am a novice who just has a $199 rifle that will at least match their high $ AR's. LOL

OK - now back to the technical stuff. --- the lower on the 308 is done like the 12 gauge other than I had the heavy tapered barrel to work with.

in that case I slide the lower hand guard over the end of the barrel and pushed it back till it wrapped around the larger end of the taper and a screw holds it in place from the hole that is already there on the bottom.

forgive me guys if my spelling , grammer , etc. falls short today but i am on my 3rd screw-driver with Russian vodka - Yehaa - also in the deep south!

post-2-1103655124.jpg

DUUUDE! Is that the original barrel for the S308 or did you rebarrel it? Very nice either way.

On the bulpup config, I recommended one once for use by a disabled shotgunner who could only shoot one-handed. Seemed as though the balance would be far better than any other shotgun. How would you rate it if you hade to use it one-handed?

use2b- Welcome. We aren't hung up on spelling or grammer , but what is this box you speak of and why would anyone want to think in one?

G O B

Box ?

I am saying i figure things out on my own without knowing the normal or main way things are done.

Edited by use2b

use2b: Good start on posting here. First bullpup stock I've seen adapted to the Saiga-12. If its as rock solid as you say, you could market them on here in the for sale area. I know I'd be interested. I may have missed it, but does the S-12 in the bullpup have its trigger moved?

use2b: Good start on posting here. First bullpup stock I've seen adapted to the Saiga-12. If its as rock solid as you say, you could market them on here in the for sale area. I know I'd be interested. I may have missed it, but does the S-12 in the bullpup have its trigger moved?

No - the trigger is in the original position. the new safety is controlled by my index finger and is in stock kit form.

actually I make it a point to never work on anyone else's guns or make any parts for any gun to sell. [ liability ]

I really cant say this is rock solid because it is just a reinforced plastic muzzlelite kit . would be fine for home defense but not rugged enough for combat use.

it is very rough because I used - used rubber , have holes where it was once part of a long barreled AK also. cosmetics mean little to me.

I hunt with a very ugly Bull pup M44 carbine that is much stronger. I poured this polymer myself and it is based on a prototype I made years ago out of wood.

I hunt tight swamps so short rifles work well for me.

here is a picture of my M44 Bullpup so you can get a good laugh. ugly but effective , balanced and short.

post-2-1103774330.jpg

this is the first one i made and my first field test on a small swamp deer at about 100 yards

BTW - I bought 5 Russiam M44 carbines for $100 and all had bad stocks but good bores back when the market was so flooded.

post-2-1103774528.jpg

Edited by use2b
use2b- Welcome. We aren't hung up on spelling or grammer , but what is this box you speak of and why would anyone want to think in one?

G O B

speek for yourn selve GOB. Ifn a people isn't eduk ... ummm ... smert then awfering nothin he are doing.

Seems like the only common thing I see is Use2b likes a fistfull of POWER!

Welcome aboard

Merry Christmas!

Could you post more info on what you did to covert the Saiga 12 into the bullpup config? Any possible pitfalls? Could you ever take the Saiga out of that frame to restore it to original or is it ruined after the conversion?

I was thinking of trying the Muzzelite frame as a sort of sci-fi themed shotgun. Like something from the movie "Aliens". Just an idea.