saiga 308 factory mags

I cant figure out why people are still paying 60 bucks a piece for factory 8 rounders on ebay when they are in the country again, and are readily found for 30-35 bucks a piece????

that many people dont know where this forum is or where to find the new distributers?

http://www.fbmginc.com/magazines.htm

33 a piece, come on now. give pvtpyle some of your hard earned cash, why dont ya, and stop being raped by ebay....

pvtpyle, you need to swap the saiga 12g 5 round image on that page with the 308 image. they are backward.

yeh thats gunbroker. Im talking about egay. I smell fresh saiga forum members out there. Im tempted to bust the saiga parts bubble myself with some of my own sales (with a LARGE LINK to this forum) funded by some retailers....I dont think most the guys im referring to want to wait on some middle man to rip everyone off for a while before they get thier return on thier money....

Bvamp that is just pure fucking bullshit! Like was said above, "that's why they call it shopping"!

If you are a complete numbskull who has enough computer skills to search ebay for something you are looking for and find it, but you are not smart enough to do a google search for the name of your firearm and find parts for it that way, then you are a dumbass and deserve to pay whatever price the other dumbasses are paying for the same parts.

Do you really want that many dumbasses finding their way here?

I've heard you threaten this same crap again and again and then follow it up with 'but I wouldn't want to hurt the people who I know are making money like that".

Make up your mind dude because that is exactly what you would be doing.

Ebay, as "ghey" as some people (you know who you are) like to call it is one of the very last places where we Americans get to exercise one of the last remaining freedoms we have. It's called free enterprise! As much as you go on and on about the govt taking away our freedoms you should understand that. Ebay gives me or you the chance to take something that we either have laying around or are resourceful enough to find at a good price somewhere (this is something you earn, it just doesn't fall in your lap) and put it up for sale where millions of people can see it and DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES if they want to pay what it costs to "win" it. This can be a lucritive home business for those who know how to use it. Until now the govt has not found a way to get their greedy little hands in there and tax the hell out of everything we buy and sell on there, YET.

This is the way I see it. If you don't like the way business is done on ebay and don't think the prices are fair then don't fucking shop there! It's really that simple. It's not a flea market where you can expect to go and get something for next to nothing if it just happens to be laying there on the table. It is a place where you can go and actually find what you are looking for if you are willing to pay the "middleman" a little extra for doing whatever it took to put it there for you.

rant over now

I am new to this forum, but I just got a NIB Siaga 308 for $300. It only came with one magazine. I have looked all over and couln't find them even for $100 until I saw this post. I just ordered 2. Thanks guys.

Where did you order them from? I ordered two from http://www.fbmginc.com/magazines.htm

a while ago and they said they were back ordered and they would contact me soon when they came in.

Spare mags for my Coonan 357 are $185.00 apiece :cryss:

thats fine.

im not paying no 60 for no 8 round 308 mag, sorry. its a ten dollar part. AND, I dont think anyone else should. shoulda sold them by now. its only backlog at this point, and the price is going to come down, I have a feeling.

no, I think it may actually happen...

....but I dont know nothing, I forgot.....

Im not trying to do a bad thing here, sorry if you are taking it the wrong way. It is not intended that way. the right to free enterprise is a good thing. I am here to proliferate this fine gun. that is what I am going to do.

I placed an order for 3 Saiga .308 8 rd mags. from FBMGINC.com it was to come by UPS. that was last week. Anyone done anything with these people?

I HAVE GONE TO MANY, MANY SITES THAT SELL SAIGA .308 MAGS.....ON EVERY SITE I VISIT THEY ARE "SOLD OUT" !!!

backorder. the next US shipment is inbound though. not long now.

its still better than backordering from overseas....

the owner of fbmginc is one of this forum's oldest members, just so you know.

I cant figure out why people are still paying 60 bucks a piece for factory 8 rounders on ebay when they are in the country again, and are readily found for 30-35 bucks a piece????

that many people dont know where this forum is or where to find the new distributers?

33 a piece, come on now. give pvtpyle some of your hard earned cash, why dont ya, and stop being raped by ebay....

pvtpyle, you need to swap the saiga 12g 5 round image on that page with the 308 image. they are backward.

If he gets the image and part number with the correct mag. I will order one. I've got over 2,000 rounds thru mine and every thing is still working and dead on. Have some barrel rise after round 3 from left to right diagonial, about two inches at 110 yards. Mine has the blonde wood stocks and the front is loose/floats.

If he gets the image and part number with the correct mag. I will order one. I've got over 2,000 rounds thru mine and every thing is still working and dead on. Have some barrel rise after round 3 from left to right diagonial, about two inches at 110 yards. Mine has the blonde wood stocks and the front is loose/floats.

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/default.asp for scope mount, no shimming.

post-260-1143270530_thumb.jpg

Well get the image swapped sooner or later, but things around the store are keeping me so busy that we cant make the important fixes to the web site, let alone swap a picture. The important thing is that the link takes you to the right place on the shopping cart. But if a picture is what is holding you up...sorry.

Edited by PvtPyle
Well get the image swapped sooner or later, but things around the store are keeping me so busy that we cant make the important fixes to the web site, let alone swap a picture. The important thing is that the link takes you to the right place on the shopping cart. But if a picture is what is holding you up...sorry.

I have an order in for a few .308 Saiga mags. I noticed your website was not working today. What's up ?

Just got my mags. (.308) from FBMG. It took alittle while but am happy :haha: that they came i so I can go to the rang. Wheather too good so I'l go fishing. James was a big help.

Well i notice the site is working again. Are the mags actually in-stock now too?

Thanks,

Paul

The mags with the Saiga .308 model have been a sore spot for me with a otherwise enjoyable rifle.

I think that the inability to readily get standard mags for them is B.S...particularly so in light of them being re-imported.

Then, the price for a 8 round UNREINFORCED plastic mag (notice the trunnion rivet wear on them?) is stiff...even at the market $30-$35, much less more $$.

These should be, fairly (if that matters) about a $18 mag. That said, I probably will aquire one, maybe two spares (and adapt them to hold 10 rounds -why not?).

But, I suspect there is going to be no joy in Mudville regarding hi-caps for the Saiga.308 unless you "roll your own". So, in this regard I will spend my $ and time "converting" a couple more M14 mags ala Tromix, who I ripped the basic idea off from.

Works for me...I tired of waiting.

SaigaM14mag-1.jpg

Lollygagger :unsure:

These should be, fairly (if that matters) about a $18 mag. That said, I probably will aquire one, maybe two spares (and adapt them to hold 10 rounds -why not?).

But, I suspect there is going to be no joy in Mudville regarding hi-caps for the Saiga.308 unless you "roll your own". So, in this regard I will spend my $ and time "converting" a couple more M14 mags ala Tromix, who I ripped the basic idea off from.

Works for me...I tired of waiting.

Can you publish where you got the m14 mag from that you are using and how you converted it?

Thanks!

Paul

EDITED:

TheAhhKiteKt, there's a "sticky" I have at another site that has the mod among a couple others:

http://akforum.net/phpBB2/index.php?sid=96...cf0fc9261ff137b

Look under "Vepr/Saiga...I attempted to link the address of the specific post here, but that site is a bit too damn glitch prone right now to retain it.

The mag I used in a milspec USGI M14 mag. They result in a good finished product, but are damn hard & brittle to work with. I would expect that some aftermarket versions might be easier to work with.

Hope this answers your question.

Edited by lollygagger

Just got my mags. (.308) from FBMG. It took alittle while but am happy :haha: that they came i so I can go to the rang. Wheather too good so I'l go fishing. James was a big help.

Well i notice the site is working again. Are the mags actually in-stock now too?

Thanks,

Paul

I got mine from FBMG today. :smoke:

It took about 2 weeks.

I received my magazines (IZ-159) from FBMG on the 12th. They were back ordered and arrived approx. three weeks after I ordered them. Props to Pvt. Pyle and FBMG. They did come through. Last I heard (Apr. 4th) James @FBMG was shipping his last .308 magazines. He should be getting more in though. FBMG did right by me.

• 2 weeks later...
are you telling me the mags area avilable for sale in the US? How much do they cost?!?!?!

I have my saiga for sale and I'm asking a whole buncha cash cause it comes with 7 mags. Maybe I'm asking too much now!

FROM ABOVE: