striker 12 VS saiga 12

Saiga has a slight problem with mag loading and bolt hold open.

Striker-12, depending on version had severe problems with either:

-trigger pull, because the cylinder was like a handgun and was rotated by trigger action. Due to the large mass of a cylinder holding 12 rounds of 12 gauge, trigger pull was reportedly abusrdly high. Also, a hangfire would probably go off in the cylinder and possibly wound the shooter.

-in later versions that were fed by a rotating spring, loading was slow because the spring had to be wound up for each magazine. This basically made the gun a paperweight after you emptied the 12 round magazine.

So yeah, functionality wise the SPAS-15 and jackhammer are the only guns close to the saiga-12. They both lose out on cost/availability concerns though.

Does anyone out there have any hands on knoledge of the latter srtiker 12 with auto eject and a separate indexing button.

note no kittens where harmed during the writing of this thread

ps has anyone ever had a hang fire 12 gage round?

and did it go off out side of the gun?

thank you for helping with my decision

thank you for your time

The sky is falling,the sky is falling. Watch out for the 10 rd stick and drum mags !!!!!!!!!!!

ALL Striker 12's and Street sweepers were made with a drum mag as part of the design, When they were classed as DD they were all the same configuration. (No sporting purpose,according to the ATF and they had the drum)

Saiga 12's on the other hand are made for sporting purposes and are available with 2 and 5 rd mags.

Yes people are converting them to pistol grip,adding 8 rd mags,making their own 10 rd mags and experimenting with drum mags. But to say that a drum mag for a Saiga could make them all DD might be a little unreasonable. All Saiga 12's do not have a drum,but all the Striker 12's and Street Sweepers did.

edit add link http://spas12.com/spas.htm

Edited by acetomatoco

NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT A NLFD FOR THE S12

:killer:

If you want to make jokes there is a separate forum for that

I am serious I need to make a choice between the two and would like some input

Thank you for your time

PS why do my threads always go nuts

Edited by NEFOZ

I owned both.

Cobray Striker -12 serious POS......(well.. cobray....nuff said)

And I now own a saiga-12 fully loaded.

That Striker-12 strreet Sweeper had like a 50lb pull! And when it did break half-way. the drum would kind of rotate to the side enough to move the front end of the barrel to the side.

The only thing I regret about getting rid of that POS is that I let a future DD go for 600.00 back in the day.............. :rolleyes:

I coulda raped someones wallet for like $1,000.00 now.

The StreetSweeper "looks" mean. that's about it. And saying "DD" makes you want it. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your time

It's the"drumb" talk. Does it everytime. :ded:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=10276

Thank you for your time

Original South African Striker 12:

1. Factory rear position pistol grip

2. Factory forward position pistol grip

3. Revolving cylinder magazine

4. Top-folding butt stock

Saiga 12:

1. No pistol grips

2. Detachable box magazine

3. Standard monte carlo type stock

Striker 12 is completely in contrast to the principles of sporting non-military firearms that the 1968 Gun Control Act allows as importable. The GCA and the NFA laws needs to be eliminated because they are clearly non-constitutional laws, but until then their infringment of Second Amendment principles creates legal loops to jump through to own what is declared as unsporting by our government.

If you look for similarities between the Saiga 12 and the Striker 12 you will find:

1. Both are shotguns

2. Both use a detachable magazine

3. Both are fashioned to fire rounds in semi-auto

The threat of a DD ruling comes not from factory similarities, but because of unsporting modifications.

The reason the Saiga 12 is allowed to be imported is because of its sporting qualities.

RAA was advised that selling 8 round Saiga 12 mags to the public would cause the ATF to do what it could to

stop an unwanted situation. The ATF's unwanted situation would appear to be widely distributed detachable shotgun magazines over 5 rounds. With an imported shotgun, its easy for them to simply to enforce their policy by warning not to sell the mags with the threat of turning the Saiga 12 into a DD.

Why this approach you may ask? They know thats one of the most effective ways to end their problem.

If, you wanted to stop average people from attaining semi-auto shotguns that can effectively be used in combat to overwhelm law enforcement and federal agents, you would make laws so that its harder for average people to own these things, but easy enough for the wealthy and for private security companies that are often employed by the wealthy to attain them.

The 1930's NFA law created new restrictions to achieve such a policy. A background check and a Tax on restricted weapons. The 1968 GCA created new regulations to strengthen the already established NFA policies and to further deal with imported weapons in a more restrictive way than domestic weapons are dealt with. The ATF uses both major Acts of Congress in any way they can to enforce their policies.

An imported Saiga 12 is not an issue. The addition of an 8 round mag causes them concern regardless

whether its 100 % Russian parts or only has 10 imported parts. They are not really concerned about the amount of parts. The parts rule is really a political scam which was created in 1993 to to define the 1990 importation restrictions. All of these stupid laws point to one thing "The Government does not want average Americans to have effective weapons which could be used against the Government".

The Government which have always been tied to the wealthy upperclass since 1789 (Federalists were the upper class) dont want common people to own weapons at all. Anti-federalists refused to ratify the constitution unless a bill of rights was added in. The wealthy upper class which engineered the second American Revolution in Philadelphia, which turned out the Constitution, never wanted a bill of rights.

Our Government has been controlled by a wealthy upper class group of people since then.

They put on Jerseys and make promises to their constituents, but are essentially tied to support money for campaigns.

As weapons became prolifically developed in the 1900s, a new concern touched the wealthy upper class.

Their interests are now threatened by improved weaponry. Bank robbers with Thompson submachine guns in the 1920s and 1930s were robbing banks which held alot of money owned by the wealthy. They wanted to bann all guns, but logically that was impossible. How could they own guns if guns are illegal to own.

They had to contend with the second amendment also. Next best thing, create a new law to require a background check, a registration, and a tax. The Federal Government could now screen out anyone they wanted to prevent from owning effective weaponry that could overwhelm police or Federal agents at the time. However, they really couldnt stop the black market selling guns to criminals.

Its all a control measure that makes the Governement elites feel like they are doing something to protect their interests. If the ATF feels provoked enough about Saiga 12 magazines, they will find some way to stop their problem. A DD ruling quickly stops sales to common people and reduces the potential number of circulating Saiga 12s(with a greater magazine capacity than what the ATF feels allowable) that threaten their policy. The laws seem stupid, but their actual intent doesnt try to establish logic within the laws. The laws, regulations, and rulings are just the tools used to achieve what the Government has always tried to control.

Theres no need in trying to find logic in gun laws they were not created for you to reason with them.

Edited by expeditionx

But even high capacity shotguns are useless in all but the most close range combat scenarios. If I were an LEO about to impose some form of tyranny upon an unwilling public, I would be more concerned about the intermediate caliber rifles that will go through my body armor than the shotgun that only has an effective range of 50 yards and cant penetrate armor.

It is just a stupid law, there is no logic to it. Sporting purposes itself is entirely contrary to the purpose of the 2nd amendment, as is the concept of Congress attacking gun rights through taxation and prohibition. We need more pro-gun senators so we can start making progress on this issue.

Getting back to your question: The Striker 12 was designed for very close anti-ambush tactics. The magazine is probably enough for that situation. Most shotgun encounters are handled with a few rounds. The Saiga-12 was designed as a military shotgun. I think it will hold up to a lot of shooting that might wear out a Striker. I have never fired the Striker, but I have a Saiga 12. It handles and performs perfectly. Cost wise, you will be way ahead with the Saiga. You can use the extra money for ammo. And you wont have to go through al that DD nonsense. The striker looks cool but it really didnt sell well and I think its a dud. It probaby got classified as a DD just because it looks scarey.