Where did the mags go?

Good point kmoore. I may just use the 5-rounder for hunting. I guess I should get another 5-rounder, but $45 for a replacement mag seems a little pricey. I like how the wooden AK look alike conversions look. I just like a wooden stock because, to me, it seems more traditional... especially in an AK. Mine is a bit nose heavy. I need this thing purely for hunting and self defense. Target shooting just helps improve my aim for when I go hunting. I have fired less than 100 rounds through mine.

Anyone remember that gold plated AK74 in the lord of war movie?

Z1500 (Kevin) == 10 round polymer

badz2801 (Ian) == 10 round metal

Both had posted here, but not lately.

Someone reported that Tapco announced 8 round polymer (domestic made) were in the offing. Announced at the Shotshow, but I don't have any firsthand knowledge of this.

None of these are talking much (= working more? )

eta, to lazy for urls, but search engine works very well.

Edited by kmoore

Someone reported that Tapco announced 8 round polymer (domestic made) were in the offing. Announced at the Shotshow, but I don't have any firsthand knowledge of this.

I talked to a manager at Tapco this week about their 8 round mag and they said that they are very busy working on new projects. They plan on deciding in September on whether or not to make it this year. If they decide that the market is not large enough they will put it off until next year. I think that right now we could all start an Email and phone campaign telling them that we would buy them if produced. Such an effort on our part may convince them that it would be financially worthwhile to manufacture their mags.

It would help all Saiga 12 owners to have domestic high cap mags made. Let Tapco know that you would like to see them made.

Edited by TacticalResponse

I talked to a manager at Tapco this week about their 8 round mag and they said that they are very busy working on new projects. They plan on deciding in September on whether or not to make it this year. If they decide that the market is not large enough they will put it off until next year. I think that right now we could all start an Email and phone campaign telling them that we would buy them if produced. Such an effort on our part may convince them that it would be financially worthwhile to manufacture their mags.

It would help all Saiga 12 owners to have domestic high cap mags made. Let Tapco know that you would like to see them made.

I emailed Tapco today encouraging their development and prompt marketing of the hi-cap Saiga mags. Their response was encouraging:

Thank you for your comments. I'll be sure to pass this on to R&D. We

really appreciate suggestions like this. Thanks & have a great day.

Tara McElroy

Customer Service Supervisor

1-800-359-6195 ext 100

tym@tapco.com

So let's send more encouragement to them! :up:

Edited by tritium

Those mag guys are full of shit. This is just like the Shrike BS!!! Oh wait...... I mean. j/k

Working on them. It's painfull how slow the last few details are being worked out. Try to think about something else, it helps the time seem like it passes faster. Then one of these days you'll wake up to all the 10rd mags you can handle.

Kevin

Those mag guys are full of shit. This is just like the Shrike BS!!! Oh wait...... I mean. j/k

Working on them. It's painfull how slow the last few details are being worked out. Try to think about something else, it helps the time seem like it passes faster. Then one of these days you'll wake up to all the 10rd mags you can handle.

Kevin

Thanks for stopping by. Glad to see your still with us :super:

I can't leave you guys, I've got all of what should be my new Z06 money tied up into these molds. And I can't sit in the molds and make vrrroom vrrroom noises. We'll have a vote later on what color Z06 you guys are gonna pay for :haha:

Kevin

I've got all of what should be my new Z06 money tied up into these molds. And I can't sit in the molds and make vrrroom vrrroom noises. :haha:

Kevin

:lolol::lol::lolol:

VVAAARRRROOOOOOOOOMMMM!

I can't leave you guys, I've got all of what should be my new Z06 money tied up into these molds. And I can't sit in the molds and make vrrroom vrrroom noises. We'll have a vote later on what color Z06 you guys are gonna pay for :haha:

Kevin

Kevin, sir, I want to BE you.

Kevin

Hopefully come September when Tapco makes their decision on S-12 Mags, they'll find that the territory has already been conquered and you'll already have your Z06. :up:

Honestly, I would rather support the forum members like Tony, Pyle, & Kevin as opposed to a big company.... I would probably buy a few from each manufacturer to see how they all work though.

+1

Would US made hi cap magazines of either 8 or 10 rounds be legal? The magazine would consist of three US made parts: Magazine body, follower and bottom plate. Apparently the assholes who wrote the law didn't include the spring. They would have a hard time identifying the spring manufacturer.

If Tapco or Pro Mag make a US magazine this would help up in our compliance of the USC 922r with the three parts. Pro Mag makes polymer magazines for the AK in black, desert tan and clear. They could make one for the Saiga shotgun. I talked to their engineer and asked him to make a magazine for the 7.62x39 rifles and told him how they differ from the AK mags. They could either add a slider to the mold cavity to add the feed ramp or convert one of their mold cavities to make the Saiga mags. ProMag's magazines are good and I have some for my other toys.

I won't support Tapco because I wouldn't want to take any money away from Z1500 who is the man.

Tapco? Yawn...

I agree with you almost completely. Ian and/or Kevin will get my money way before Tapco would... I always have and will support the "small guy".

But, having another option available is never a bad thing.

I won't support Tapco because I wouldn't want to take any money away from Z1500 who is the man.

Tapco? Yawn...

I agree with you almost completely. Ian and/or Kevin will get my money way before Tapco would... I always have and will support the "small guy".

But, having another option available is never a bad thing.

Not to mention Ian and Kevin are making 10 rounders, not those dinky little 8 rounders like Tapco. :P

Edited by epsylum