I saved up some paychecks and bought one a couple months ago and i absolutely love mine. It hold 13 rounds in the mag and still fits my hand like a 1911. I'm saving right now for a light to go on the rail. I got the 4 inch model and i like it. I just wish the mags were a little cheaper, the cheapest i've found is CDNN and i think they're $30 each. It comes with 2 but i like to have three for everything that way i can have one in the gun and two on my belt,and with this gun that gives you 40 rounds including one in the chamber. Ok i'm done talking now hahaha. If you have any questions i can try to answer them.

Edited by Jaffa Killer

Got a 45XD 4" the other week. I haven't shot it yet, but I also own and frequently shoot a 40cal 4" XD. No problems or complaints on the XD.

If you like Glocks, you'll really like the XDs. I was a Glock guy for about 12 years, then I tried the XD and switched. Some people don't like the trigger, but I personally prefer it to the Glock. Additionally, there are a couple of good smiths out there that mod the carry trigger weight to 4#. In the next couple months, I'll be sending the 45 XD out for a trigger job and to have Trijicons or Truglo TFO sights installed.

A couple days ago, I ordered 4 mags from www.pistolgear.com for $23 per mag (their last ones showing In Stock). I've seen CDNN advertise them for $20, but they have been sold out recently. Don't interpret availability of the mags as the supply being limited due to Springfield not wanting to produce parts/mags... it's just that this gun is selling like hotcakes, everyone is buying additional mags and there are no mags in circulation (unlike Glock, Beretta, Sig, 1911s which have been around for years.) So, right now everyone is dependent on Springfield to manufacture them to meet demand.

I have a question for the RKIs on this board, who has installed Truglo TFO sights? How do they compare to Trijicon? I have read VERY positive comments on the TFOs, but no one ever compares/contrasts them with other tritium or fiber optic alternatives.

Thanks.

Edited by RDSWriter

Cool. I went on glock talk to brows around. Most there seemed to like it but liked the glock more. I keep telling myself...."no more different caliber wepons. You'll just have to buy more ammo." I had myself talked into for a while, but I'll just stick with my G17 for now. But I really do want a .45 just because.

Doug

• 4 weeks later...
Cool. I went on glock talk to brows around. Most there seemed to like it but liked the glock more. I keep telling myself...."no more different caliber wepons. You'll just have to buy more ammo." I had myself talked into for a while, but I'll just stick with my G17 for now. But I really do want a .45 just because.

Doug

I'm with ya doug....i am thinking 45 or 40...damn....more ammo types to buy.....why can i not just be happy with 9mm.. and .357.....but i think i want to see some damn big holes in the paper.....

Doug

I'm with ya doug....i am thinking 45 or 40...damn....more ammo types to buy.....why can i not just be happy with 9mm.. and .357.....but i think i want to see some damn big holes in the paper.....

damn big holes? get one of those .45 colt/410 pistols :killer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

I have two friends who swore by their high-dollar Kimbers. After trying out the XD45 ACP they are carrying/shooting it almost exclusively.

Shoots as good or better than the Kimber 1911's, as safe or safer to carry than the Kimber (two interlocking safeties ROCK!) and firepower equivalent to two 1911's. Pretty hard to argue those points.

Plus, obviously, if it's damaged or stolen you are talking less than half the value of a Kimber.

Pretty convincing points.

Mine is my new best friend (next to my doggers, that is...)

respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

How's it hangin' Doug? The scope mount for the Saiga .308 works great BTW, thnx again. Been a while since I've been on here, but when I saw your question about the XD I thought I'd add my .02. Out of 27 weapons in the stable-if forced to choose my favorite-it would have to be the XD-45. The first one I bought now has 4472 rounds through and still shoots like new! It is accurate, reliable and a pleasure to shoot. And you can't beat 14 rounds of the big bullets in one handful!

I liked my first one so much, that I bought a second XD-45 and it now has 1614 rounds through. It does nightstand duty, wearing an X2L light/laser combo. The first is my IDPA pistol. I also have the XD-40SC and it is the best shooting .40 that I have! I had the HK P2000, and while I love HK, this XDSC is a better shooter at half the price.

I like all kinds of guns and have a widely varied interest. But, the XD-45 is one of those that just happened to turn out to be the cream of the crop. If you buy it, you'll like it Doug. Shoot well-be safe. :smoke:

I carry the new Springfield XD 45. I Love them, and I am "Glocklon" So you know I like the XD to admit I now carry one, with the handle Glocklon!. I got the .40 as well. they are both nice and shoot great. I will always love glocks, but the XD points faster and more natural for me. My .45 is the 4" model holds 13 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. the grip size is just right too. Springfield just came out with the sub compact model, which still has the 4" barrel, but the shorter handgrip, holds only 10, but you do get an 13 rounder with the grip extention on it. I seen one at the gun show, to me the shorter grip is not comfortable. So I will stick with the 4" models with the full grip. Take care all, Lonnie

Edited by glocklon