Low profile side mount

I have the same side mount as epsylum, in the above picture, and its the tits man!!

i had been using it on my x39, but i took it off there and put it on my S12 to shoot some slugs, just to see how it performs. I didnt have to make a singe adjustment. The slugs were dead balls on at 25 yards using the 50 yard zero from the rifle

Does anyone have information about some of the side mounts being offset to the left or right of center (not in line with barrel)? I thought I'd seen it posted at some point in the past?

Any of the Eastwave/Belarus style ones stick the scope right above center. Even the shitty $20 one I got and lost after one use at a gun show put the thing right above the barrel, MAYBE like 1mm to the side.

The ones people are talking about that offset the scope are probably the ones designed that way. They set it WAY the shit off to the left, not just a half inch. It's an intentional design feature, not an unintentional design flaw, and as such will be advertised as such.

Just to clarify...

The ones EASTWAVE sells are ALSO MADE IN BELARUS... Their postmark is from Minsk, Belarus... I have ordered 4 and thats where they have all came from. They just DO NOT SAY "Belarus" on the side...

I would be willing to guess they are IDENTICAL mounts... sold from different companies.

they are SLIGHTLY offset to the right of centerline...more than a MM... but not much more... maybe a COUPLE MM's...

Russian shooting techniques are obviously different than traditional American shooting techniques... I would call neither "wrong" just "Different"

:smoke:

Indy,

I ordered mine off thier web sight a few months back and it did indeed say Belarus on the side. It is not what is pictured on their websight though. Maybe they had run out and used it for a temporary replacement....I don't know, but is exactly like the one Cobra just got.

Doug

This pretty much backs up Indy's post. Awhile back I emailed Doug Ford (Tantals) and this was his reply.

As to the BP-series of low mount weaver rail sight bases, for the Saiga, the BP-02C centers the best and fits the lowest on the top cover, compared to any others. It is, however, about 3mm off from being totally centered. this is 10mm better than the original BP-02's that most other vendors sell. Not that it matters, since the offset will not affect your accuracy at all in any case.

This is from his price list on sight bases,

BP-01 HIGH MOUNT (MODEL MTK-83)

SIDE MOUNTING BRACKET FOR AK & SVD RIFLES

SIDE-TO-TOP MOUNT ADAPTOR FITS WEAVER/PICATINNEY SCOPES, SIGHTS AND RINGS

We now have both the high mount BP01 and the low mount upgrade BP02 optics mounting brackets, which enable you to mount Weaver and Picatinney pattern optical devices (directly or with rings) on both Kalashnikov and Dragunov rifles which have standard Soviet-style side mounting rails. The Weaver/Picatinny rail will position your optic above the weapon's receiver cover. This enables the use of most domestic and foreign made scopes and sights using rings designed to fit the standard Weaver top-mounted rail.

The BP-series of mounts fits the standard side mounted rail system of Russian designed weapons. They use a fully adjustable clamp design which allows easy fitment with the proper tension on rail designs with various manufacturing variations and tolerances. This means a trouble-free fit on all known types of Kalashnikov rifles.

BP-02C is the latest "low-mount" design and has several improved features that make it the best of it's type we have ever seen. The new mount has a more accurate rail bed which positions the scope more precisely and directly above the bore centerline. Furthermore, the throw lever now includes a positive latching detent tab design that will securely lock the sight onto the rifle while allowing the throw lever to be completely flat against the bracket base.

BP-01 (MTK83) is the standard high mount version which features a 108mm long Weaver/Picatinny rail and a height which allows the use of the iron sights even while the sight/scope is installed on your rifle. It is about 20mm taller than the BP-02 version.

Well suited for use on AK or SVD rifles, BP-02 uses a longer 140mm Weaver/Picatinny rail that will place your optic as low as possible to the receiver cover of your Kalashnikov. BP-02 will fit most variants of AK rifles including Romanian, Bulgarian, Russian Saiga, Vepr, MPK/MTK-01 type side rails, and more. We have also found this mount to be especially suitable for the Dragunov SVD rifle, offering over-the-bore alignment at an appropriate and comfortable height. BP-02 comes in a handsome non-reflective black hammer finish!

NOTE: Heavy duty rings are now available. We have found that if using low mount rings (as supplied here), up to a 40mm objective lens scope can be mounted to most AK's using BP-02 without interfering with the rear sight leaf of the rifle.

BP/RD30: We are now carrying an inexpensive red dot combination for use on AK's an other small arms which accept side mounting optics brackets. This kit includes our AK or SVD style BP-type brackets (topside Weaver mount), with a very popular RD-30mm red dot sight. This sight employs a 4 MOA red dot and 12-position brightness adjustment. It runs on a common coin cell battery. This is a very inexpensive combination for people who want the convenience of a side mounting red dot sight without the expense of the military designs.

NOTE: This version is the full option style, which has been adjusted in a jig at the factory and pinned to retain a perfect alignment. Other vendors offer a similar product which has not been aligned or pinned, therefore saving themselves extra dollars while selling an inferior product. We will not compromise the design of the product in the name of profits, and I endeavor only to carry items which will give trouble free performance to out customers!