AGP 10 rd mag test results.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice... Hey Cobra... where did you order it from?

AGP sent it to me to test. When this whole project first got started I sent Kevin one of my 8 rd mags to study and he promised me the first 10 rdr. He's a man of his word.

:super:

sweet jeebus, i'm so frigging confused!!! are these mags actually available for us to buy now??? agp says "out of stock", i'm on the wait list at guns at cost and they haven't sent me any kind of notice that they're available, and the gun source says "preorder"...what's a girl to do??? :D

Edited by PogueMahone
I should have my Beta unit on Monday and can tell you for sure at that time.

But, I imagine that the magazine could be cut off at any point and a new track cut into the magazine walls using a woodruff keyset cutter in the mill. Then you could just slide the base plate into the new track.

I'm with you. I would rather have a shorter mag. If I need more shots, I'll use my select-fire USAS-12 with a 20rd drum. ;-)

Tony

I just thought of something an Ex Gunny friend was telling me about. Apparently there is a NATO nation that have this trick AR mags that hold the standard 30 rd, but also have another 10 rounds that can be accessed by pulling out a stop. Not sure how exactly it works but it made me think.

What if instead of just cutting off the mag and making it shorter for an 8 rd, the bottom space where the addtional 2 rounds would go into would actually be a detachable module. That way if you wanted 8 rounds, you detach the bottom piece and reinstall the follower, spring, and floor plate. If you wanted 10 rds, just pull those parts out, attach the module and feed the parts back up from the bottom again.

Just my imagination at work or does anyone think it could work?

I forgot to ask one simple question................and this means WHAT to us unwashed masses?? If you're testing now when will our pre order, for example, be filled??? And how soon until they're "common goods".

God does that sound funny, huh? 10 round mags common goods!!!

I agree, went to the site, considering at least four mags, and when I saw that six more would save 10%, I seriously thought about ordering 10 pieces.

They need to get a site up to take these orders, if for no other reason than to have a database of people who want the product, and want to get in line.

I know if I could schedule work 6 months or a year ahead, I sure as hell would, and would love it.

Make $$$$ when the sales are hot, and I cant spend no money if I cant sign up.

That page had a pre order started up in june. There were 500 pcs avail for preorder and they went in 10 days.

I ordered June 24th and I am #65 in in line!!! At least I hope that is what that means. :haha:

:haha: Haven't got a clue where in line I might be, but I did choose the unassembled option so they would ship faster :haha:

That page had a pre order started up in june. There were 500 pcs avail for preorder and they went in 10 days.

I ordered June 24th and I am #65 in in line!!! At least I hope that is what that means. :haha:

How do you tell where you are in line?? I ordered three in that June pre-order and just for the hell of it I'd be curious too................. :smoke:

How do you tell where you are in line?? I ordered three in that June pre-order and just for the hell of it I'd be curious too................. :smoke:

An invoice was generated when the order was placed with an order # on it. Believe mine was #18. Hope you printed yours out.

OK.........I saved mine in the ol' deleted folder. I'm number 27. Yippee. Now I ask again...............what exactly does this mean that there are test models being used and shot. Are they done? Almost done? Any updates for us..............???? Just curious, been very patient so far.

I tested one in a Tromix 8" gun and it is VERY, VERY, nice. Just as Cobra mentioned earlier, the follower angle is just a hair low in the front to feed all the shells that I tried, but Kevin was already aware of that and they are making the required tweaks on it now. That's why we are testing them.

My favorite cycling shell in the Saiga and the USAS is the Winchester AA Super Sport, and it cycled those flawlessly as-is.

Lets give Kevin a bit of time to tweak the mags after receiving the beta testing input and we should be all set.

I'm good. I just heard the phrase "testing THEM" and that got my juices flowing, so to speak...............

I'll be over here waiting in the corner........................

Edited by tomovich
I tested one in a Tromix 8" gun and it is VERY, VERY, nice. Just as Cobra mentioned earlier, the follower angle is just a hair low in the front to feed all the shells that I tried, but Kevin was already aware of that and they are making the required tweaks on it now. That's why we are testing them.

My favorite cycling shell in the Saiga and the USAS is the Winchester AA Super Sport, and it cycled those flawlessly as-is.

Lets give Kevin a bit of time to tweak the mags after receiving the beta testing input and we should be all set.

You gotta post a pic of that sucker sticking out of the 8''. I shipped my S-12 to you yesterday,maybe mags will be done by the time you ship.(wishfull thinking)