I'm just looking out my good man. I bought a USAS mag at a gunshow and promptly gave up only days later.

I'm not dissin' ya. I'm in the same boat as you are. Just wish there were a magic solution.

Edited by tritium

If T. Rumore gave up on it, I sure as hell ain't gonna waste MY time carvin' on one.

+1 to that :-)

Damn, guys are making my head swell, Ive never been called an urban legend before, is that a good thing? LOL

This one was converted 6 or 7 months ago when USAS mags could be bought on Gbroker for $15 and there was no 10 rd mag for the saiga in sight. With the ones due to arrive anytime and usas mags now bringing $50+ it would make no sense to do it again, but it has been done and it does work.

s10a.jpg

s10b.jpg

s10c.jpg

s10d.jpg

s10e.jpg

OK, so it's been done once -- but that's IT.

How would you know. You swore up and down it wasn't possible and now that you see it is you say it is the only one that exists!!! Remember, anything is possible, ANYTHING!

How would you know. You swore up and down it wasn't possible and now that you see it is you say it is the only one that exists!!! Remember, anything is possible, ANYTHING!

point taken...just because we don't know about it dosen't mean it dosen't exist in the "saiga world"

my friend down in NC said he saw in a shop down there that there was a saiga rebarreled to accept 8mm....

Come on fellas this guy did it :haha:

post-2-1049659317.jpg

Just so you know it is my listing. It got to the point where I could'nt hardly give it away. So I put it up there.

If I have to use the selector lever to retain the mag in place like this guy, I'll pass.

That's not what your seeing. Who ever did this conversion messed up by removing the entire plate that covered the factory hole for the pistol gripped trigger group. The plate doubles as the safty stop for unconverted saigas. He took the whole thing off and now the safty over travels past the base of the receiver. Check your saiga or any ak and you'll see the safty stop.

Edited by Mike Davidson

Alright, I stand corrected, but only in regard to this one mag. My new position is that there is only THIS one, and THATS IT !

Alright, I stand corrected, but only in regard to this one mag. My new position is that there is only THIS one, and THATS IT !

I now there is atleast 2. This one and the 13rd I told you guys about awhile back. I do regret I wasn't able to provide the coversion details, but I never received them. But it does exist. I am not a liar. There is nothing to gain from lying about guns or pussy in my book. If I tell you I banged a hot blonde and brunette last night, I did. If I tell you I split an arrow, I did. If I tell you I shot a flee off a dog's ass at 1/2 a mile, I did. :super:

• 1 month later...

If T. Rumore gave up on it, I sure as hell ain't gonna waste MY time carvin' on one.

+1 to that :-)

Damn, guys are making my head swell, Ive never been called an urban legend before, is that a good thing? LOL

This one was converted 6 or 7 months ago when USAS mags could be bought on Gbroker for $15 and there was no 10 rd mag for the saiga in sight. With the ones due to arrive anytime and usas mags now bringing $50+ it would make no sense to do it again, but it has been done and it does work.

s10a.jpg

s10b.jpg

s10c.jpg

s10d.jpg

s10e.jpg

Calling all urban legends!!!!

Pan, How did you get the mag to fit into the S12? For my USAS mags, and S12, the mag opening will not accomodate the mags. Did you have to shave anything off the sides of the mags (hope not) or magwell? If it's the magwell, does it still handle stock mags ok?

Inquiring minds want to know .... and I'm cooking up some ideas in my head and don't want to reinvent the wheel!

TIA,

-K