SA 308 battle packs available at AIM

Fellow Siaga owners:

As of this morning, Monday, AIM Surplus still has some South African 308 battle packs available at $39.95 plus shipping. I purchased three battle packs before leaving for work. I would rather have my Saiga brothers get this ammo then the HK and FAL crowd.

www.aimsurplus.com

Fellow Siaga owners:

As of this morning, Monday.....

I would rather have my Saiga brothers get this ammo then the HK and FAL crowd.

www.aimsurplus.com

LOL!! Guess they finally got it on the web site, I heard about it Friday (from one of those CETME/HK guys) and phoned in...

Thanks for the heads-up, Krinkovliu!

Got another case (whew!) but no more metal cans (those were nice!) they now come in a "plastic tub".

Been frantically searching for .308 lately.....

Respectfully posted, guido2 in Houston

I got upset with the SA .308 when I tried to reload the brass. I didn't think to look for the berdan primers before breaking my decapping pin. Should have been upset with myself for not checking, but you know how it is. NATO ammo shouldn't be berdan primed.

I keep the SA surplus as a reserve, and continue firing my own handloads.

Edited by lazlong

Battlepacks still available as of this afternoon. I suspect they still have a shitload of 'em since you can purchase up to 14 packs per order! And if you do you got more money than in my sick piggy bank........

I just read on another board that these battle packs are 120 rounds - that true? I thought they were 200?

$6.7/20 isn't too bad, but not nearly as good as $4...

Plus I'd get 480 rounds instead of 800....

???

ETA - just looked at an old AIM catalog on hand - they are shown as 140 rounds. I'm sure this is the same - they were $28 at the time...

Edited by O.S.O.K.
I just read on another board that these battle packs are 120 rounds - that true? I thought they were 200?

$6.7/20 isn't too bad, but not nearly as good as $4...

Plus I'd get 480 rounds instead of 800....

???

ETA - just looked at an old AIM catalog on hand - they are shown as 140 rounds. I'm sure this is the same - they were $28 at the time...

Think some of the .223 battlepacks have 200 rounds in them.

Of course, they had to come up with this stuff while I am still recovering from Christmas (ugh!)... <_<

Where did they come up with this batch? Is this some they had overlooked and found lying around in the warehouse since they supposedly "ran out" about 4 months ago, or are they starting to get SA back in stock...?

:unsure:

It sound like they have significant, albeit small, lot of this stuff to sell.

I called this afternoon and they said none was available. Is there a specific person to ask for?

Yes, you must ask for "Ralph" and he will want to know the passphrase which is "for the love of Mike".

Not really, you are screwed. :(

Edited by O.S.O.K.
I am not really screwed. I just wanted to buy some ammo. I still have 4 full cases of F4 that I bought when it was $150 a case and a case of RG. So I have enough for a while.

Well, glad you're set. Didn't mean you were totally screwed, just screwed out of this deal. ;)