I had a marlin .17HMR, with the heavy barrel and laminate stock... but the thumbhole and accutrigger were what I craved...

This new Savage has a trigger that breaks like glass, at about 2 pounds... oh, yes... how sweet it is... :wub:

My "Magic 8 Ball" says that I can forsee 1/2" groups at 100 yards, when the weather turns warmer... It is probably right! :up:

:smoke:

savage171b.jpg

LOL... Well, the optic is a BSA Contender, 6-24 X 40 W/Duplex reticle.

If ya think thats big... You should see the BSA Platinum 8-32 X 44 I have on the Savage .204 Ruger... :up:

Or maybe the 10-40 X 50, Barska, that I have on the .50 BMG... :up: :up:

Or the 10-40 X 50 Tasco World Class on the Ruger TNZ... :up:

(all of the above are in my gallery photos)

:lol: LOL :lol: Can ya tell I like *BIG* optics?!?!?!?

Its all good... I like to get CLOSE to my targets... I have told people I can pick which eyeball of the critter I will put the bullet in... :lol: I wait till they BLINK... so they dont see death coming... :ph34r:

Yea, the big Barska scope from the Sportsmans Guide is not a bad deal. Illuminated, range finding focus and flip up lens covers! I was very surprised at its quality for the price. Crows and groundhogs way out in the field are much easier targets now!

+1 on that Barska scope. Using one on an AR10 with excellent results.

Oh that is purty.

I too am a thumbhole whore. I am working on pillar bedding my Mini-14 action into an Andean laminate thumber with a AI heavy barrel to use as a spotter rifle. Ill post up when i git 'er dun.

Better stick to groundhogs, pistonring, Crows shoot back, hahahaa.

Edited by Crow
Yea, the big Barska scope from the Sportsmans Guide is not a bad deal. Illuminated, range finding focus and flip up lense covers! I was very surprised at its quality for the price. Crows and groundhogs way out in the field are much easier targets now!

Piston,ive never seen a K-31 quite like that :devil: The Swiss made some mighty fine rifles.

Well, I dont want to leave the REST of the forum guys out...

SO guys... lets get on the ball and start making some HICAPS for this!!!!

I ONLY Have seven rounds as fast as I can cycle the bolt... I HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 20 ROUNDS... or this gun is going in the shitcan... I will burn the stock and grind the barrel to dust, as its ***TOTALLY WORTHLESS*** WITHOUT any hicaps for it... :cryss:

SO what magazines do you all think we can try to make some hicaps for this?!?!?!

I REFUSE TO LET THIS THREAD DIE UNTIL WE MAKE SOME HICAPS for this GUN!!!!!!

Come on fellows... Time is a wasting!!! I GOTTA HAVE hicaps for this Savage before I turn inside out and the zombies eat my guts while I am still digesting thru them!!! :o :o

What mags will work for HICAPS?!?!?!?!?!

I will post more pics of the magwell area, as I KNOW thats what you all are waiting for... :up: :up:

Then we can get SERIOUS and get to business and get to making some mags!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Indy, I picked up a CZ 452 in 17HMR today at the toy store, with 2 boxes of ammo. FUN little gun. try shooting gallon milk jugs that are frozen solid with the 17 grain ballistic tip, and then with the 20 grain XTP, and see what you get. One was a BUNCH of LITTLE BITTY fragments, the other was a very nice mushroomed bullet.

a buddy of mine has a CZ 17... that lil fucker is ACCURATE... I am hoping that the savage will give it a run for its money... SADLY.. I havent even had a chance to shoot it yet... :(

Put the scope on yesterday, and that WAS A FRICKING MISTAKE, I almost killed everything that was living in the woods. OPPS, sorry for all the dead and wounded critters. The iron sights are dead on, but the scope was just a LITTLE bit off, let's say more like 1 foot at 50 yards. Got it fingered out this afternoon. My old ass and blind eyes are now able to put 6 rounds in a 1/2" circle at 50 yards. Hey, it only took about 30 rounds to finger out where the dirt was flying at. After that, dead on. Now as you said, can we get someone to produce atleast a 50 round mag for these. :):):):)

SWEET SHOOTING GUNS and have ordered a 454 casull lever action today. www.legacysports.com the puma model with HiViz sights and ported barrel.

"punisher" is not a good enough word for the 17HMR. I caught a stray cat sneeking thru the yard last Saturday morning, at about 40 yards, with the 17 grain balistic tip, it only flopped twice. Only a little tuff of fur disturbed at the entrance, but when I flipped it over to see where all the blood was coming from, the whole right side of it's neck was gone. I was "plinking" black birds in the trees up on the hill this afternoon. This is one fricking fun gun and my neighbors don't complain anymore from the noise echoing off the hills early in the morning.

YEH, but Hey, if your cat is in my yard, crapping and clawing up my things, YOU will be informed. These are strays. We have a $5000.00 hot tub on the deck, and these bastards have clawed up 2 covers, and ruined one side of it as a scratching board. DON'T get me started and I won't offend some people, but there again, I'm pretty good at that, so I'll just keep capping cats, dogs, crows, and anything else that craps in my yard, tears up my stuff, or eats my fucking garden. And YES, if the cat is cooked CORRECTLY, it's not all that bad, or a dog, or a horse, or a goat, but fried ant eggs are my favorite, 150 miles outside Mexico City, and had the BEST meal ever, along with BarBQ soup. Collars and leashes are for a REASON, TO AVOID BULLETS, BUT, know your LOCAL laws before you shoot, since I know mine, I am OK with what I do. I just thank GOD that I don't live in Comifornia or some of the pussy whipped northern states, it's going to get worse.

Well, it don't have the bipod yet, but I've better things to do in the hot tub than plink cats I can't see at 9:00 p.m., that's what the s410 is for, 11 rounds of 000 buckshot if you come sneaking around. But the cool one and relaxing with the jets going on the back, sure does make sleeping better. I don't mean to offend any cat loving tree hugging "people", but if you'd keep your moving targets off of my "range", they'd return without any damage. And if anyone is interested, YES we do have cat, 20 lbs. of LOVE YOU TO DEATH, she will NOT go outside, it's either too hot or too cold for this spoiled little brat, she's a 100% house cat, but most of all, afraid she'll miss a meal. :):):):). People would not belive it unless they see, the Bird whistleing, the dog howling, and the cat meowing, ALL in harmoney. After my wifes surgurey, she wished we'd had more kids, so be carefull of what you wish for, you just may get it. :):):) But love them all

I don't mean to offend any cat loving tree hugging "people", but if you'd keep your moving targets off of my "range", they'd return without any damage. And if anyone is interested, YES we do have cat, 20 lbs. of LOVE YOU TO DEATH, she will NOT go outside, it's either too hot or too cold for this spoiled little brat, she's a 100% house cat, but most of all, afraid she'll miss a meal.

You sound like you have a guilty conscience.

NOPE, NOT AT ALL. I was only making a point that we have animals and that we keep them up as should be done. We had the "lover" 4 years before we moved into the house, when we moved in, for 2 months, I walked my male Rot on a leash, and we have 6.5 acres, every morning, when I came home from the shop, and before bed, he was never allowed off it, he passed away in my arms at the vets office, just before Thanksgiving. MY cat, that momma squished under her car tire, which about killed us both, was allowed outside, but from the get go, I'd pop a no powder 22 around him to let him know where he could and could not go, and YES, that was MY cat I was popping caps at. He never went out of the front yard, or ventured to far into the back yard "woods", there was critters in there, he's never seen and didn't like, Possum whipped. So he was pretty cool about just laying on the back deck and chilling, but he was raised from a kitten with Muphasa, so he didn't know he was a cat, he thought he was Rot, but as he found out, Rots can't dart under a car tire to get out of the basement and survive.

But, NO, I'm not felling guilty about anything, I love my animals, they are a part of our family, and we take care of them, now if you choose to have too many animals that you can not feed, or pay to have their shots, and they tear up my stuff, YES, I will "dispose" of them, and not worry about it. These inbred cock suckers get 10-15 dogs in their yard as a "security system" and we wind up with the mess, garbage cans knocked over, barking all night, and dog shit all over the place, OH, and let's also mention the pit bull in the yard growling at the wife.

YEH, I keep a V-53 pistol and AR-15 with beta drum by the bed, I have to clean up garbage and dog shit from my yard, and not get any sleep, you won't sleep either. I don't mind picking up all the shell casings while I'm walking my dog in the morning, ON A LEASH. I reload them for another day. :)