Any reason I should NOT get one.

Kinda cool, I just dont really see the point unless you want the same caliber and mags for your rifle and pistol. I'd just get the regular .223 version, my thinking is if you want a pistol get a pistol. The only advantage I see is if you had a full auto version, but thats not the case. Butt, thats me and if you can afford it and want it then go for it.

I may be in the minority, but 9mm AR's are fucking awesome fun and you can buy a .223 upper to switch between if you want. As far as brand go, that pretty much your choice......research before you buy. I own a CMMG, Rock River also has a vey good reputation. Nope, they're not cheap, but you get what you pay for and some of the less expensive 9mm AR versions can be troublesome.

post-1866-1170810687_thumb.jpg

No reason at all. 9mm's carbines are just fun to shoot. I plan on getting one in the near future after my other projects are finished. I think the main advantage is $25 factory Glock 18 mags, especially if you happen to carry a Glock. A friend of mine has a Beretta Storm in 9mm and it's a blast to shoot. You can knock bowling pins over pretty fast with one.

• 1 month later...

The Kel-tek would definately be cheaper. Those sub-2000's are kind of small for me, but for cheap compact fun carbine you could do worse. I have an Oly .223 that I built, never have had a single difficulty with it. The receiver is also warranteed for life. If it breaks, they will send you a new one. The advantage with the Oly is that you can get different uppers to suit your particular mood. Another inexpensive alternative would be one of those high point carbines with the aftermarket stocks, thing looks like a baretta storm. There is a thread on this board talking just about that.