New TROMIX 10" SBS

Form 4 finally came in..............picked up the gun today!!!

This pic sucks, but I'll get some in the daylight ASAP !!

THIS is the shotgun I've really always wanted !!!! Thanks, Tony, for another kick-ass gun !!!

Beer's on me !!!!

Jeaux

post-3950-1173851168_thumb.jpg

:smoke:

(homer simpson sounds) whhhhuuuuuUUUUUAAAAAHHHHHHHH

you just gotta rub it in, dont ya?

man, that is some good stuff, there. and the customiser/maker is one of us? shit. when can I bump fire it? you know, just to make sure it wont blow my leg off when I do it.....

vrey nice, jeaux, very nice tony, as always! I am as always jealous, and in awe.

I think you have the same EOTech I have :)

512.A65

Just a suggestion: mount it as far forward on the rail (with mount slide part flush with the end of rail) ~Much better visibility.

No need to have it point blank to the eye. ;)

Definitely a "10" Jeaux E.

Mine should be here by this Friday at my FFL. (only it will be longer 19")

I went with.... well, its in my gallery. I might place my Eotech on there or leave it on my Sig 556 (where its more effective). Currently I have a 4 recticle selecting type on my other S12 set to a large circle with center dot... I figure its only got "so much" range that there's not much point for pin point sights.

Even though I have a BHO on mine (and will with the Tromix that arrives, probably the one thing I really debated was upgrading to a LRBHO (upgrading is a matter of perspective I suppose since you have to mod the receiver and the mags). Hmmm.... time will tell on that debate.

Anyway, looks fantastic~! Be safe while its folded. Keep the cherry spot on the hip -not the nose :)

~S

Edited by whatmanual

THIS is the shotgun I've really always wanted !!!! Thanks, Tony, for another kick-ass gun !!!

Beer's on me !!!!

Jeaux

a very fine piece of work

post-3950-1173914198_thumb.jpg

I LOVE THIS GUN !!!!

Bvamp, it's just too cool that Tony builds guns like this, and that he's with us here !!

Hoop, we'll get together before long, on a weekend afternoon, and blow some shit up............I'll bring my other S-12, too........

Bob, the collection isn't done yet.......heh, heh, heh.............. (lookin' for an M2 Carbine.....not to mention my next TROMIX........)

Will, thanx for the heads up re: the 3" NitroExpress...(read your post on it....) (I'll be through Baton Rouge the end of the month or so........I'll see you then if you're open....)

Hunter, I know just the guy to send you to.......builds the best shorties you can get !!!! Heh, heh, heh.............

Bird, Can we shoot the shortie at Bristol??? The way things sound, I'll have to get to Kenosha by way of Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota..... avoiding Illinois altogether.......

KySoldier, I just liked the way it looked at 10" better than at 8".......... It's that 12" SBS shown on Tony's site that got me , about a year ago now....."Balls out"....... !!

Only thing I lack now for it is the SPAS-15 stock, and its on the way.........

6500RPM, I'm only sorry I waited as long as I did to go SBS.....was ignorant and misinformed about the process. Tony and Bob explained it to me, eased my mind and cleared up the bad info, and off it went........(actually was the first S-12 I bought from Tony, then carried back to have SBS'd.) Go for it !!! "Be the first one on your block to have a TROMIX SBS".............heh, heh, heh..............

Beer's on me !!!!

Jeaux

nice! :super:

All credit to Tony for building such a kick-ass gun !!! Hell, I just shoot it..........

Pedal2Alloy,this EoTech is my first holo sight, but others can probably answer the question........... I would guess they're comparable as to function......

Gary, has your TROMIX S-20 come in yet??? (I'd almost start a thread about how many of us are waiting for what from where )

KySoldier, it's in exactly the same place.......Tony notched the front at the bottom to mount the front sight post, that's the only change......

Romeo1Oscar, I completely agree !! My CLEO signer is one of the armorers for the sheriff's dept. here, and I'm thinking I can take his mind off those 870's they're using now.

I'm taking it to show to him tomorrow.................

Edited by Jeaux E

My friend down at the FFL called me today (was so slammed at work I couldnt make it today)...

He was like:

"Hey dude...guess what's waiting here for you?....damn dude...its... ...I mean.... WOW.... dang dude.....its REALLL NICCCE... its here when youre ready".

Needless to say huge smile all day long. Picking it up Friday before noon...hope to get some pics up early afternoon.

*(only thing I'm going to do to it when I get it is change the forearm to the one with the rail that's been ordered ahead of time, and place my grip/light on it).

Hmm.. might put the EOTech on there for a bit too :)

....but no real intentions to leave it permanent really (its why I got the Krebs sights on it -straight forward wall-o-death home defense).

Edited by whatmanual
Gary, has your TROMIX S-20 come in yet??? (I'd almost start a thread about how many of us are waiting for what from where )

Hey Jeaux! The timing of your question is uncanny. Just yesterday (Thursday), I finally received an email from Tony informing me that my gun had finally risen to the top of his hopper of gun projects, and he wanted to reconfirm all the options I wanted on it before beginning the project. Naturally, I'm excited! If things go as scheduled, in all probability I'll have my tricked-out TROMIX S-20 by the end of next week.

P.S.: Thanks for remembering! :up:

~Gary

Range Report?

Are you a "lefty" as well?

Jugg,

Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, since its been taken down to 10".......... My work schedule hasn't allowed for that to this point. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to get out for a spin with it !!!

Nope, not a lefty....................

I'll give a report as soon as I can get out with it !!

Beer's on me !!!!

Jeaux

REMEMBER , I have 80 acres of woods full of wild hogs to shoot! And im only a hour drive from you. :)

you going to the hot springs gun show this weekend? Im going tomorrow.

Well I said I would post the pics for my Tromix (sorry for the delay...been busy).

All I did really to it was change the forend to the one with the picatinny rail (I had bought that some time ago and well, its an easy thing).

I added my Russian folding grip (which is very solid and dependable) and my light.

Then I added my side rail with the 2 rail mounts on it. I probably wont leave the optics up there like I said (I got the krebs for a reason ya know)

(My EOTech is on my Sig556 at the moment).

Anyway, what is really nice about the Tromix side folder is that it tucks very nicely on the side even with a site mount on it. (Not to mention, I'm a "lefty" and Tony eased my concerns about the grip while folded... +100 customer service all the way).

However, you do have to remove 2 allen screws and remove the folder to allow the room for the mount to slide on there. At least with this particular mount I can mount a laser on that side rail as well (or another light) If I wanted. Pfft...big whoopie-doo for things like that

I might add, that the Tromix Shark Brake is awesome AND very functional. Many inquiries about what it was and where it came from.

Firing my stock S12 and then this one....yes, you notice the reduced recoil and muzzle climb (due to the way it vents, it will put pressure for the gun to move forward).

Probably the best brake I ever felt that made a real difference. *Look on Tromix website for the verticle close up of the shark brake to see what I mean on the venting angles and top ports*.

Well, enjoy.

post-5106-1174627386_thumb.jpg post-5106-1174627398_thumb.jpg

post-5106-1174627417_thumb.jpg

post-5106-1174627429_thumb.jpg post-5106-1174627447_thumb.jpg

post-5106-1174627456_thumb.jpg

~S

Edited by whatmanual