I am a single mother with a child with a father that doesn't think he owes child support. I work in the green field (agriculture) so I don't make alot. But I came up the money to donate to this forum. Why can't y'all?

Working hard in NYC to support a gun habit, an ex-wife, a second wife, a 17 yo daughter going to the Navy in July, a Boston Terrier, a black Lab mix, four cats, a 30 yr mortgage, two trucks and a convertible, and too little time for them all!!! :cryss:

Yet I feel ashamed to have only contributed what liitle I have left after all the bills... Wish I could hit the Mega, then I could have enough for everyone and still have some left for my addiction :devil:

If everyone who used this forum at least ten times would contribute just 20 bux, that should be plenty to maintain this forum...

Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

College Kid, with a g\f and a severe gun addiction

Atleast you already a contributer, there are to many house hold names here that are still green and not gold.

Figured with all the time i spend on here I had to contribute. Not saying I was forced because I wasn't, but I felt that I had to I just wish I could figure out why I can't put in a $ ammount as opposed to buying a subscription.

Working hard in NYC to support a gun habit, an ex-wife, a second wife, a 17 yo daughter going to the Navy in July, a Boston Terrier, a black Lab mix, four cats, a 30 yr mortgage, two trucks and a convertible, and too little time for them all!!! :cryss:

Yet I feel ashamed to have only contributed what liitle I have left after all the bills... Wish I could hit the Mega, then I could have enough for everyone and still have some left for my addiction :devil:

If everyone who used this forum at least ten times would contribute just 20 bux, that should be plenty to maintain this forum...

Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Hell, if everyone would at least donate 5 it would go a long ways. I've only been a member since February and I've contributed. There are people that have been here for years, used this forum, and never contributed. Sorry, don't mean to be a bitch, but we ALL should be paying to support this forum.

Question - is the contributor listing permanent even if the member only contributes $5? Contributing $5 once is different from contributing $5 every year. Most forums have a term that expires, and the different levels of contribution affect the level of their benefits, but all on the same term.

Question 2 - There's a bar graph somehow showing the level of contribution. Is that a one time thing, does it measure contributions to date, or how does that work?

Comment - Equally important to financial contributions are the intellectual contributions that make this site worth contributing to. It is important to keep up both. That means quality of information as much as quantity. Firearm writeups, range reports, detailed images, FAQ answers, all of those to me are contributions to this site. Also taking the time to write carefully, and exercising self control in posts, and just being polite and reasonable all contribute to making this forum a place worth contributing to financially.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
Comment - Equally important to financial contributions are the intellectual contributions that make this site worth contributing to. It is important to keep up both. That means quality of information as much as quantity. Firearm writeups, range reports, detailed images, FAQ answers, all of those to me are contributions to this site. Also taking the time to write carefully, and exercising self control in posts, and just being polite and reasonable all contribute to making this forum a place worth contributing to financially.

A fantastic point. there are those here who have incredible amount of firearms knowledge.

Sadly, I personally am not in this category.

A heart felt "Thanks" for all the "knowledge" that has been contributed.

I know that I have benefited greatly from it.

I agree that people should receive some type of "props" for that.

Question - is the contributor listing permanent even if the member only contributes $5? Contributing $5 once is different from contributing $5 every year. Most forums have a term that expires, and the different levels of contribution affect the level of their benefits, but all on the same term.

Question 2 - There's a bar graph somehow showing the level of contribution. Is that a one time thing, does it measure contributions to date, or how does that work?

The email that I got in response to my contribution says I'm good till 2038. But I'll be sending in more long before then.

Also taking the time to write carefully, and exercising self control in posts, and just being polite and reasonable all contribute to making this forum a place worth contributing to financially.

This is what I have been struggling with since I joined.

Good points BR.

As someone who has covered all the bases, meaning contributing money AND buku time, knowledge, and self control, I want to say that it doesn't matter as much to me because honestly my cash donations have not even come close to my other donations here. To me having the exact amount published is not important and would only undermine my real contributions here. That being said, someone who contributes a large amount or does it regularly might like to get some recognition for that. Case in point, Racegal55 contributed $20 to this forum she has only been a member of for a month and has not gotten anything really from the awesome amount of firearms tech info available here. She didn't want to toot her own little horn so I'm doing it for her. Keep in mind that this is the same single mom above who lives on a shoestring budget with a hungry 12 yr old! It irritates me to no end to see the longtime members here who i have exchanged knowledge with and even helped a great deal myself, with that same green name at the bottom of the screen every time i see them here.

FIVE DOLLARS is all it takes to change that! Jesus! ALL of these guys shoot up at least TWICE that in ammo and usually much more every time the take their guns to the range.

I would hate to see them finally decide to contribute though and not do it because they would be recognized as ONLY giving the minimum amount. Not that there is anything wrong with that and i will freely admit that my first donation here was only $5. I know that the other contributions I make FAR outweigh any large cash donations I could afford. The main thing top remember is if EVERYONE gave at least that much it would do a LOT of good.

People need to police themselves. You know who you are. If you contribute more time and info than the others, then make a minimum donation and do it again when you want to donate some more. If you don't know jack and you benefit more here than you contribute knowledge wise that's fine. Just dig a little deeper and give back some. At least you are doing your part and carrying your own weight.

BR I guess what I'm trying to say in my long winded manner of delivery is this.

A "donation" is just that. A DONATION. It's not a fee. "Those other forums"who reward members for giving more cash should just call them FEES because that's what they are. I don't think that system is fair. I don't think people should get judged by how much money they have to give. People like you and I who give much knowledge are appreciated in a different way. And people like you and Tony who give a lot of money regularly are VERY appreciated but you need to realize you also receive other benefits from the site that the normal contributor or "measley member"...lol does not. That should be all the extra recognition you need. I hope you don't take that the wrong way, you know I'm on your side here.

PLEASE people, just donate what you can, but donate SOMETHING! The reason we have a $5 minimum is so ANYONE can afford that. Those who choose not to send in 5 measley bucks are only showing their lack of appreciatiion IMHO. Ya,ll suck :haha:

I don't mean at all to say this forum's contributing system should be like the others, or that it's the recognition that matters. Just asking a couple technical questions related to how things work here and noting some frames of reference that are out there.

Good point on donations vs fees. I think it would be great to have "perks" that don't cost anywhere near the donation, actually the upsized PM box is the best thing I could ever ask for.

if you are a moderator, you have no warning level. when there is an issue with a moderator, we just throw you out and call you up a few days later and work it out that way. LOL

Ok I must be missing something. I have contributed twice using the the Purchase Paid Subscriptions page on My Controls and I never saw a $5 option. I believe it was $30 the first time and $70 the second. Now that I've reached that level of giving the lowest dollar amount there is a box to check is for another $100 and after that there only appears to be business accounts left. Don't get me wrong I love you guys but sheesh I feel like I'm being taken for granted. Actually I pride myself on people being able to take me for granted but seriously I wouldn't mind boning out $5/month to keep the ball rolling on top of my sort of annual larger contribution which I would rather keep at about $50/year. Someone tell me what I'm missing.

if you are a moderator, you have no warning level. when there is an issue with a moderator, we just throw you out and call you up a few days later and work it out that way. LOL

You gotta love a guy that can laugh at himself. You da man bvamp. :up:

Ok I must be missing something. I have contributed twice using the the Purchase Paid Subscriptions page on My Controls and I never saw a $5 option. I believe it was $30 the first time and $70 the second. Now that I've reached that level of giving the lowest dollar amount there is a box to check is for another $100 and after that there only appears to be business accounts left. Don't get me wrong I love you guys but sheesh I feel like I'm being taken for granted. Actually I pride myself on people being able to take me for granted but seriously I wouldn't mind boning out $5/month to keep the ball rolling on top of my sort of annual larger contribution which I would rather keep at about $50/year. Someone tell me what I'm missing.

I'm at the 50 step, I could get there by 5s but not by grants so I'd like to know how its done too

I don't understand that at all because I got to choose how much I wanted to contribute. I was just going to give 5 but I got a good tax refund this year and I'm posting on this forum enough I felt I owed more.

I don't understand that at all because I got to choose how much I wanted to contribute. I was just going to give 5 but I got a good tax refund this year and I'm posting on this forum enough I felt I owed more.

Here's what my screen looks like, any thoughts? I'd really like to be able to make small contributions when I feel like it or when I sell something using the Items For sale forum.

post-2033-1174665412_thumb.jpg

What happens when you hit that bottom button?

"continue to select paymennt options"

maybe Max needs to tweak something. Racegal just donated 20 but she had the option for 5, maybe that only works the first time??

maybe Max needs to tweak something. Racegal just donated 20 but she had the option for 5, maybe that only works the first time??

I can only upgrade. I'll be the first to admit I could be wrong. But I don't think I am.

The error returned was:

You did not select a subscription package. Please go back and select one before continuing.

I can only upgrade the subscription as well.

I'll be the first to admit I could be wrong. But I don't think I am.

I believe that I concur with your rightness.