• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are quiet simply because they fear losing their positions of power. They will not jeopardize themselves unless they are voted in by a majority of people who think like them. This is why McCarthy can get away with her crap, her voters agree with the stupid twat.

Well they may be quiet or change their tune about how they feel about guns, but once elected you can be certain they won't be acting any differently.

Doubt it. They remember all too well how they had House, Congress, Presidency. Lost them all. Not in the last part due to the AWB.

I still second that President should be one party and congress/senate the opposite. This way they are too busy fighting to mess this country up even more.

I say let Obama take the office, but change the congress and senate. Frankly, Juliani and McCaine scare the hell out of me.

I'm kind of sick of picking the guy I hate the least. I'd like the 2 party system better if the Libertarians were one of the two.

Do not be fooled by the liberitarians. They are the same as Neocons, except that unlike neocons they can't get laid. Therefore they are for legalising prostitution and drugs:-)

Personally, I am sick of the 2 party system. We need to have it like they have it in Germany. Up to 20 parties compete.

Well they may be quiet or change their tune about how they feel about guns, but once elected you can be certain they won't be acting any differently.

Yeah, their party has made its intentions known already so I don't see voting for them anytime soon.

Acting differently? No. But check their voting record. Too many people listen to what they say and don't pay attention to what they do. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

This is probably old news here. But if not......

Gun History: Whether you agree or not, it's an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to

defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend t

hemselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who

were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend

themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal

firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million

dollars. The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 per cent Australia-wide, assaults

are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria

alone, homicides with firearms are now up.

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed

drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has

also bee n a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain

how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended

The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it. You won't see this data on the American

evening news or hear our president, governors or other politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the

hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans.....before it's too late! With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

I work with a Hmong, they had a run in, in "enlightened Cambodia" he was 5 years old and the commies shot him through the back and through his neck for running across a field.

Wonder what his parents would have done if they weren't under a "gun control" regime...

I wish all the Libertarians, Independents et al would all become Republicans and try to influence the Primary Elections in a constructive way, there'd be a lot fewer RINOs and we might actually get back some of our freedom.

I'm kind of sick of picking the guy I hate the least. I'd like the 2 party system better if the Libertarians were one of the two.

Do not be fooled by the liberitarians. They are the same as Neocons, except that unlike neocons they can't get laid. Therefore they are for legalising prostitution and drugs:-)

Personally, I am sick of the 2 party system. We need to have it like they have it in Germany. Up to 20 parties compete.

Where the hell did you hear that? Libs are for a strong defense and isolationist stand point. They are far from Neo-cons.

I wish all the Libertarians, Independents et al would all become Republicans and try to influence the Primary Elections in a constructive way, there'd be a lot fewer RINOs and we might actually get back some of our freedom.

Until the Republicans kick out the Fundie Christians they can and never will be the Republicans of legend.

Until the Republicans kick out the Fundie Christians they can and never will be the Republicans of legend.

You mean the Republicans of legend who were unable to control both houses of congress for 60+ years? I can't think of another constituancy that is more pro-gun, pro-defense, loyal to our allies, and pro-Republican.

Every individual American chooses a political Party in this country, not the other way around. That's the basis for my post. :rolleyes:

Edited by DaGroaner

You mean the Republicans of legend who were unable to control both houses of congress for 60+ years? I can't think of another constituancy that is more pro-gun, pro-defense, loyal to our allies, and pro-Republican.

Us fundie Christians ARE the Republican party, Even your RINOs are fundie Christians.

a party has to listen to there base. That's just politics.

(Paws, not looking to crank up a religious debate either. just an observation on politics IMO. with respect)

Racegirl you forgot the worst of all Rwanda. A good share of those people were hacked to death with machetes. Its just a cliche that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Right? right. I was reading that the price of arms in Somalia is going up up and up and a street vendor was complaining. What did he want guns for? SELF DEFENSE. Funny how an illiterate peasant can grasp that concept but Massachusett senators can't while they fight a wind farm out of sight from their Nantucket summer homes. One thing I am somewhat proud of the U.S. about is refusing to sign in on the UN Small Arms Ban Treaty. It says it is only legal to sell arms to a government. Sounds like something tailor crafted by a bunch of tin horn authoritian dictators to make it easier to hold on to their graft to me and crush dissent. War is a horrible thing but sometimes it is the only recourse and it really sucks bringing an empty hand to a machete fight.

The Dems are not going to fight right now. Let them get what they want and then they might show their true colors but not till then.

Us fundie Christians ARE the Republican party, Even your RINOs are fundie Christians.

a party has to listen to there base. That's just politics.

(Paws, not looking to crank up a religious debate either. just an observation on politics IMO. with respect)

To expound on that... without that fundie religious God all US atheists would only have rights given to US by man and that can be taken away by man. The very basis of this great nation is that our rights come from a power higher than man. You don't have to believe in an omnipotent God to get that... I hope. In God I trust. Man? Not exactly(apologies to Hertz). I have never met a fundie Christian that tried to cram their beliefs down my throat and I know plenty. Atheists on the other hand do that constantly and have been KNOWN to abuse our legal system in their attempts. People need to bear in mind which group is militantly activist and which group is passive in promoting their beliefs before they start spewing anti-Christian rhetoric. I can give far more timely examples of "American" atheists trying to choose for everyone than any anti-Christian atheist can of Christians doing the same. Fundie Atheists are a much greater threat to American freedom than Fundie Christians and anyone that thinks otherwise is either an idiot or a lying commie fruit loop.

Edited by DaGroaner

Dear Mr. Groaner.

I happen to object to such words as "And so, help me God" and "One nation under God". This is 21st century. Not 11th. I happen to object the blocking of teaching of the Darwin theory. I happen to object many things that Fundie Christians stand for. Frankly, my traditional X-mas is not even in December. I will say "Marry Christmas" when MY family celebrates X-mas. To everyone else, I will say "Happy Holidays". I do not know, just by looking at the guy, if he is Jew and I should wish him a happy Hanuka, or if he is a Protestant or Catholic, so I should wish him a Marry Christmas. Yes, I tell to people "Happy Kwanza", then again, I know who celebrates Kwanza and who does not:-).

I need no bible to tell me what to do and what not to do. Thats what Criminal Law is for. That is what personal concience is for. I am not happy with the fact that it is Ok to show blood splatter of the most vile kind in the movies, and yet it is NOT ok to show some skin and sex, thanx to the Fundies. The message here is "Violence is OK, sex is evil". I object to that.

I point out to you that there are plenty of Democratic countries in the world, in most of the the rights were not "given" to the people by their lord and master above. They were EARNED and TAKEN by the people, usually after a bloody struggle. I object to the fact that cell stem research is blocked by there fanatics. Those cells would never be used and would not grow up to be people anyway.

Now, having said all that. I will tell you this much: You have as much right to practice your believes in the privacy of your home, as I have the right to read Anton Szandor LeVay, Aliester Crowley, Book of 5 Rings, Dao Te ching, and whaterver the heck else in my home. You have as much right to worship the image of Christ, as I have the right to offer insence to the image of Guan Yu.

The difference is this: I practice my tradition, as mixed up as it is, at home. I have no political power. Christian Fundamentals from the Bible Belt do. Therefore, I choose to oppose them.

Not due to the disrespect for their believes, but due to the desire to maintain status quo and enforce the Constitution which mentions SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.

Mr Claw, I'll give you this much. If a Christian is threatened by a movie or a song ect.

Then they need more faith in what they believe. However I think you missed Dagroaners point completely.

Mr Claw, I'll give you this much. If a Christian is threatened by a movie or a song ect.

Then they need more faith in what they believe. However I think you missed Dagroaners point completely.

Well, I object the statement that our rights were God given. People gave them to us. Our founding fathers. Mortals like us. Great mortals. Mortals who stood head and shoulders above us. Yet, mortals all the same. Even the greatest among them, Tomas Jefferson, who is probably one of the greatest humans who ever lived, was still a human.

Besides. too many Fundamental Chtistians are threatened by what is taught is schools, what is shown in songs and movies and what is done in research labs. To me, medical research is more important then religion.

That is MY opinion and I will defend it when I vote.

And you vote IS YOUR RIGHT, as handed down to us by our mortal Christian founding fathers.

Who believed in an immortal God.

And you vote IS YOUR RIGHT, as handed down to us by our mortal Christian founding fathers.

Who believed in an immortal God.

I need to check. From what I remember some of our Founding Fathers where, what is called, Agnostics. They believed in a God, true. But not in a Christian ways. At least some of them. Still. I am not out to ban any religion. I only object it being pressed on me and mine and I object to it standing on the way of my personal freedoms, my personal pleasure and scientific progress.

Of course, in privacy of one's home, one can believe all he or she wants. However, in public places, there is no place for religious symbolism, unless you wish to represent the symbols of ALL of the religion.

First Americans were not Christians, they were pagans.:-)