Tony Rumore is a cool guy

When I first started reading about people praising Tony over and over, I honestly thought it was a little sycophantic. Then I ordered from him.

First thing that surprised me was just how nice he was. Not like he was trying to be nice, he just was. Chatted on the phone a bit and asked him some questions, he asked me some questions, and I ended up not making a purchase just yet but there was no grunting from him. Not like so many guys in the industry that act like you're trying to ruin their day even when you are buying something from them.

When he got some mags in, he called me to ask me if I wanted any, sold them at the lowest price around too.

Then before he shipped out my S12, he called me to let me know it's almost finished. Little things, but nice touch to the buying experience.

Most of all is the quality work that he does and all the little touches he puts into it. There are tons of reasons why you should have him work on your guns instead of doing it yourself, which I guess being a modest person he doesn't parade (but probably should). For instance, with the 308s, it's the safety lever that needs a bead welded onto it so that it engages/blocks the trigger. A lot of people don't know about this when starting off with their conversions, I didn't find this out until someone posted about a near AD and Tony replied about how he fixes it (how's that? someone that helps out people DIY instead of trying to steer them to his business). With the Halo handgaurds, there's that long rail that will gouge your finger. Tromix will mill it off for you but it's not advertised on their site. Also they refinish everything with norel moly coat and you don't have the annoying color mismatch caused by the Halo hue. Lots of little things that will drive you crazy if you do it yourself.

The list goes on and on, to top it off he even shipped my S05 in a soft case. Didn't have to but obviously he takes pride in his work. Just wanted to give credit where it's due, there aren't enough people like him. Thanks Tony!

Edited by AK-308

This forum has always backed Tony 100%. We are glad to see yet another extremely positive post about him here. He is a rare breed, even rarer in the gun industry. If you have problems with your business, look to how this guy runs his.

...well, dont forget MAX now. he has done SO MUCH behind the scenes and in front of them as well. Many of you forget about him, and it isnt fair to him, really, although I know you all dont intend to be unfair. This is also VERY true for Indyarms, our absent Wolverine, and now for our replacement for wolvie, Juggernaut. It is fair to mention all of us in the same breath. I know you meant to say the STAFF and OWNERSHIP of this forum in what you were saying, I just wanted to make SURE it was said....like I said, I know that is what you actually meant.

there is no "I" in team. this applies to the staff as well as the membership here. its the little guys here and the long term members that REALLY have made this place.

and yes, the guys in the industry like Tony Rumore, that have come here and STAYED.

I can confidently say that the staff here ALL feel that it is YOU ALL that made this place, and kept the guys like Tony as part of our family.....

Max is Makc. the guy whos name is in blue. He is the guy that started this place, owns it, gets the bills, pays them, and accepts your money to help pay that bill. the other four of us have nothing to do with that. it is really a 5 man team here, but if you have to say who's boss, its him.

he gets to deal with 100% of the stress and b.s. that goes on here, plus all the above, and hes never even here. or at least very much. over the years of working here, he has become a good friend of mine, actually. the "great guy" thing that is so prevailant here, goes all the way from the small newbs all the way to the boss.

like Tony, it is a rare thing...a bit TOO rare.

dont want to get Tony's thread off track. (it kind of is his thread really, if you think about it, regardless of who posted this.) It had to be said though.

this really should be either in tony's business section, or in the feedback section.

I'm checking in from the "biased-for-TROMIX" crowd...........

Anyone who owns a TROMIX weapon, or anyone who's had any dealings with Tony is going to be biased about his weapons

and the quality of his service !!! It just doesn't get any better than TROMIX !!

Tony's a straight-out stand-up guy, and IMO you just can't put your hands on a higher quality weapon !!

(See below ..........)

Oh cool, another Tony rocks thread...YES TONY IS AWESOME! TROMIX ROCKS! :super: HIS GUNS ARE WAY FAR SUPERIOR TO ANY OTHER!!! :smoke:

He's an excellent craftsman AND a super nice guy. The world needs more like him. I'm sure doing my best...

Now Bvamp pardon me but I think what our friend Mike B was trying to say was, he applauded us on our craftsmanship and work with the Saiga platform. :unsure: I could be mistaken but that was how I read it. I don't think his statement had anything to do with how the forum is run and was not meant to single us out and leave out the other mods and admin.

"And Bob...are you perhaps a-bit-biased?"....yeah, you got me there!

Tony is my best friend, but anyone that has hung out with him will tell you that they don't come any better.

Alpena shoot is coming! Joe, did you get the hotel info?

Edited by BobAsh

I have never ordered anything from Tony and I will vouch for how awesome of a guy he is.

When I lost my front sight bead while out shooting and asked the board if anyone knew where I could find a replacement, Tony just sent me one.

He is how getting a gun worked on/buying a gun should be. It seems like he still has fun and enjoys it instead of like so many other gunsmiths/shop owners wo seem like they are inconvenienced by customers.

So put me down in the Tromix is awesome column. In fact I'm saving up cash atm so that when he opens up orders again I can get some work done on a Saiga 308 :)

Edited by reoiv
I'm checking in from the "biased-for-TROMIX" crowd...........

Anyone who owns a TROMIX weapon, or anyone who's had any dealings with Tony is going to be biased about his weapons

and the quality of his service !!! It just doesn't get any better than TROMIX !!

Tony's a straight-out stand-up guy, and IMO you just can't put your hands on a higher quality weapon !!

(See below ..........)

Oh ya! sometimes I take mine out just to marvel at it, its friggen sweet! Plus Tony re-finished it like three times till it was perfect. Hes the best. Can't wait till hes taking orders again. At some time in the future you will see Tonys magic worked on a Yugo SKS, and side by side shark brakes on a Armor tuffed Stoeger.

I hope he does'nt change his mind on accepting that project. :super: Tromix Rocks!!! :super:

Hey look at how many posts I have, thats another Tromix project I can't wait for.

Edited by gunboy69
"And Bob...are you perhaps a-bit-biased?"....yeah, you got me there!

Tony is my best friend, but anyone that has hung out with him will tell you that they don't come any better.

Alpena shoot is coming! Joe, did you get the hotel info?

YES I DID, Bob !!! Really looking forward to hangin' out, and turnin' up a cold one or two with y'all............, and the Machinegun Shoot has me pretty charged up as well !!

Can't wait to see the new Russian gun..........

(Is Tony going to bring that new S-12 can??)

Edited by Jeaux E

I called Tony from my work to order my Galil front grip, he was simple, professional, and my parts arrived within 3 days. If I ever have thoughts of something new for my shotgun, I find myself browsing Tony's site first. I sure enjoy feeling comfortable and having a good experience with gun and parts dealers, simply said.

KW

post-3915-1178850050_thumb.jpg

I said it on October 6 of last year and am happy to repeat it -

I am definiitely in the newbie/lurker position. Tony is currently working on my S12 because of this site. I heard about Tony and found him via this sight. I also was convinced to call him based on the many glowing reports from those who had done business with him here. He was more than able to hold his own in visiting with me about my vision for my gun; he had an easy going yet informative style that I liked. Bottom line to me is that I wouldn't have been nearly as impressed with a page that appeared to be bought as I was with seeing the general concensus of many patrons. Just another thought. Last thought, thank goodness I finally made it to the party and everyone here has shared their experiences and enabled me to save some money and get a superior weapon in the process. Thanks gentlemen!

I will add that I received the weapon shortly thereafter and it was everything I had hoped for. If you don't believe it check out above. The only thing I wish I had was Jeaux E's fine example. What a beaut!

"Can't wait to see the new Russian gun..(Is Tony going to bring that new S-12 can??) "

I think so, but the coolest thing we are bringing is the new golf-ball launcher. It will blow your mind.

.......heh, heh, heh, heh, heh................fuckin' golf ball launcher..... Hell, I'm up for that !!!!!

After Friday night..........some Advil, some coffee, and a shitload of machine guns.....I'll be up for anything !!

Are we gonna do "closest to the pin"???? Can we launch 'em, then shoot 'em like skeet??

dont shoot the junk car with the golf ball cannon, is my advice. LOL.

hey, I am moving this thread into tony's section. if he wants to leave it or prune it, its up to him. at this point, it really should be in his section.