You know it's gonna be a bad range day when.......

So upon getting off work, I stopped at the LGS and realized that the new baffled rifle range that had been closed was now finished and open. Needless to say I was very excited about this because to this point I have only fired 5 rounds out of my Saiga .308 and hadn't been able to break out some other rifles for awhile. So I rushed home and upon getting permission from the women (wife, daughters), I grabbed my stuff as quickly as I could and ran out the door. (The range was an hour away and by the time I got there I would only have 2 hours to shoot before they closed). So I get there and unload the .308 (converted), and I've got this nice benchrest bag that my wife made me, it is very durable, filled with rice, and she put alot of time into making it and it has always been rock solid. Well I fire 3 rounds, and neglected to pay attention to the fact that the 16" barrel was shorter than rest bag and I had lit it on fire with my muzzle flash, so it began "deflating" very quickly. Luckily it was only one side and I could use the other (it's in an X shape). So then I proceed to attempt to sight in the POS scope I had on it and after 30 or so rounds, gave up and decided to use rifle sights. Well, that would be easy if I had only remembered in my haste to bring my front sight adjustment tool and it just so happened I was the only person at the range. So my dang front post was so high that I had to push the rear sight all the way forward well past the "3" to even be able to hit the target. I'm kind of frustrated at this point so I decide just to break her in and load up all my fbmg mags, don't aim, and just dump ammo down range. I would just like to say that after a battle pack of .308, those Tapco collapsible's don't feel so nice on your cheek. I eventually abandoned the .308 and it was time to improve my mood, so I proceeded with hap-hazard ammo dumping by verifying all my ak drums were fully functional in my Mak 90. They were and I thought my cheapo ATI handguards were going to melt off. The smoke was really billowing at that point. At least the whole day wasn't a wash, I got to shoot guns with the wife's permission non-the-less.

I am sorry to hear about your bad session, that sounds like it worked out in the end to OKish.

I carry a tool box that has almost all of my gun tools in it, extra mags, rails, parts, etc, ammo whenever I go out for a session myself, as well as a fully loaded ranger vest.

I forgot my mags once.

I'll see your mags and raise you a gun..

yes thats right at one point in time I grabbed the mags, ammo but no 10/22. In case your wondering yes I'm retarded, mommy and daddy dropped me on my head often and they took my lead based paint chips away when I was bad

yes thats right at one point in time I grabbed the mags, ammo but no 10/22. In case your wondering yes I'm retarded, mommy and daddy dropped me on my head often and they took my lead based paint chips away when I was bad

So you weren't lying in that other post, you aaaaaaaaaaare partially retarded. :haha:

Edited by 22_Shooter

Dont feel bad,i did the same thing with a brand new Coldwell bag rest.I started shooting my shorty Fal carbine with a muzzle brake and didnt relize after every shot the gun slid back on the bag a tad.I was concentrating more on how the gun was shooting until it was to late.It didnt put a complete hole in it but burnt the crap out of it :cryss:

I forgot my mags once.

And just the other day I forgot the key to the padlock through the magwell. Had to just turn around and go home. Made me kinda mad.

Acer

So you weren't lying in that other post, you aaaaaaaaaaare partially retarded. :haha:

post-1914-1184997936.gif

proudly...we once came into possesion of a sign that read "Slow Children" and it was displayed in our apartment

Ah Hell, Ain't it nice to know that we are all HUMAN. I realized that I had left all my targets laying on the kitchen table when I got to the range this morning. Had all toys laid out on the table, mags ready, and then an OH SHIT, so I trot up to the office and they ask me "Terry, what's wrong" "UH I forgot my targets, I need some of your's", I could hear them laughing over the noise of the V53 pistol with the beta drum. But 4 hours and about 7 -800 rounds thru all the guns, and I am now calmed down. I'm gonna hate to hear what momma says when she gets my visa bill for the next order of ammo. :):)

Dude....where's my gun???

I can only imagine what you must have felt when you realized you didn't have it. Was it after you set up all your gear at the range?

Dude....where's my gun???

I can only imagine what you must have felt when you realized you didn't have it. Was it after you set up all your gear at the range?

I was pretty much all ready to go, so I just grabbed another gun and shot it instead ( I take multiple guns to the range because well.....they all don't get enough lovin)

Magazines, ammo, guns, targets, spotting scope, stapler, shooting rest, hearing protection, eye protection.... you name it, I've forgtten it at least once. I even left my guns at the range once. :eek: Thankfully the other guy at the range, while I was there, noticed and called one of our club managers, then stayed there until I came back (very shortly).

I've blown a hole through a nice leather shooting rest too. There was sand everywhere.

So, with that in mind: As you were, carry on.

lol

Well, it wasn't so bad. You got out of the house and played with your toys.

I hate being rushed when i plan to do something. I like to get all my gear ready in 2 bags. One for the pistols, mags, glasses, and ear muffs. 2nd bag has the ammo, staple gun w/staples, tool/parts bin, and targets. Now i have to incorporate a 3rd bag for the sighting scope and whatever loose stuff i need. Of course, i can't forget the rifle bags....lol

....and always bring a friend. It's more fun to shoot with a buddy and he may have what you forgot.