I need some new ideas to support my habbit!

The wife ain't buying my crap anymore on buying new guns.....

Any "Ideas" on how to sweet talk her into leting me buy more??

She says I always say,

"Well Honey, I only need one more gun!"

and you only got 2 arms.....

she also says that we don't got the money...

I told her, well, with guns...you can always get more money!!! LOL!!!

Any grand ideas welcome!

Thanks in advance!

:cryss::cryss::cryss::cryss::cryss::cryss::cryss::cryss:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stash away cash every week, then buy a gun. "What, honey, that old thing? I've had that forever."

Good try....She works at the bank dude!

Plus, she is a woman..... she can sniff the air and find the 5 bucks i was "trying to hide"!

every red cent is accounted for...

Groveling and begging aint cutting it either!!!

Stash away cash every week, then buy a gun. "What, honey, that old thing? I've had that forever."

........now that's funny !!!!! LOL, Bob !!

(I have full cooperation at my house about buying guns...........heh, heh, heh..........)

Actually what works for me is to buy her plenty of extravagant stuff. Then my little purchases don't seem like so much.

I've tried that one with my wife, there's nothing she wants!! She gets a coach purse about once a year (birthday, $150) and some kind of jewelry during christmas ($150-200) So she says I should only be buying 1 gun a year at $350 a pop. NFW, just cause she never wants to spend money don't mean I don't!! Somehow, I always talk her into it. I also bank on those Iraq deployments, on mid-tour, I talkded her into getting me an 1100 dollar pistol!! I think Dodgeturbointerceptor got a fuckin' barret m82-A1 after his first tour, but sold it!!

Juggs: Tell her as a moderator, it is your DUTY to be intimately familiar with as many firearms as possible.

Edited by shaneman153a
Actually what works for me is to buy her plenty of extravagant stuff. Then my little purchases don't seem like so much.

I figgured the 18'x24' addition with the deck on the house would have worked....

She is awesome but she is like Hitler with the money! :huh:

just cause she never wants to spend money don't mean I don't!!

Thank God....SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!!!

You've got to solve that riddle bro.

For instance, my wife's a teacher and I send her on trips to visit people I don't really want to see all summer. She loves it, says it's extravagant.

Wait til you see what I'm getting myself for Christmas...

You've got to solve that riddle bro.

For instance, my wife's a teacher and I send her on trips to visit people I don't really want to see all summer. She loves it, says it's extravagant.

Wait til you see what I'm getting myself for Christmas...

you can't say that Bob!! Let's see it!! AS-50? Full auto krink? (wet myself)

I can't really explain how I do it, but it envolves owning enough guns to be able to trade - sell - buy often enough that she loses interest and just dosen't give a shit anymore. She'll try to keep track at first but......

And second... you need to be incharge of the money!!

Yeah, I make quite a bit more, but she's the one who manages the money. If she says we "probably shouldn't get it", she's usually right, bless her heart. But when I know we have the money and it's time, I can always veto that, get pissed off, and buy it anyway. Gotta keep those transactions slim though.

Come to think of it, the last 5 guns (minus the pistol) were that very situation.

My friend was a 3 pack a day smoker. He quit by throwing the money he would spend on smokes in a gallon jar by the bed. he bought his whole collection that way, and increased his life expectancy.

Me, I write them off my taxes.

I have tried every angle myself. At first I tried to have so many that she didn't know what was new or old, well, then I traded a bunch off to fund this Saiga habit, but the credit card is my biggest give away. I've tried the "it will be banned soon" approach (doesn't help much), the "guns are investments" approach doesn't seem to fly either because she knows I rarely get rid of them. The "I bought this for you" hasn't worked yet (tried that with the .410) Actually the thing that has helped the most is printing off that "sheepdogs" post and letting her read that, she read it and saw the truth in it which is good. I think the best thing to do is just buy them, endure the wrath (it makes you stronger right?), and then work a heck of alot of overtime!

That would work with Shannon since he has so much here he's had 'forever'. Honestly, he has so many I would never know if a new one showed up or an old one went missing.

"WSU Alum?? "

No, my wife went to Oral Roberts and Notre Dame. Her friend just lives in Seattle now.

Ah, I see...

Having two Universities in my area and a college in LC valley, you never know who you will meet... It's a small world!

For me the old flowers and cards bit works.

I have flowers delivered to her every now and then.

I also drop a greeting card in the mail on occasion.

And, so far, it has paid off.

I've gotten every weapon I have wanted.

It is to the point that she even goes to the gun shows with me!

Too funny, as that's exactly what I did to purchase my FAL and my Galil.

I call it my mad money fund.

She doesn't even have a clue about what firearms I own.

However, she noticed my S12 when it came back from Tony.

"What honey, that old thing................."

On another note, I used the same method to save up for a year to buy her a new BMW Motorcycle and another 2 years for a platinum 10th Anniversary ring so it does work both ways.

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! ;)