• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries Mrs. Juggernaut! I was being silly was all.

As much as I often find myself giving a select few on the forums a hard time (hey, you only mess with those folks that you like and have come to know the best... at least, I do anyway :haha:) .... I also have no inhibitions about bust'n on myself when a prime opportunity arises.

Looking forward to meeting you and that lummox of a hubby of yours, come September!

~Gary

As much as I often find myself giving a select few on the forums a hard time (hey, you only mess with those folks that you like and have come to know the best... at least, I do anyway :haha:) .... I also have no inhibitions about bust'n on myself when a prime opportunity arises.

Looking forward to meeting you and that lummox of a hubby of yours, come September!

~Gary

It's ALL good!! It is funny that you mention lummox, we have called him Jiminy Lummox and Tinker Galute. (Any Ren & Stimpy fans out there know what I am talking about?)

~Gary

some of my best laughs from here were you giving me shit gary

"But I still like Gary's idea :super: about trading out an old one for one that you may REALLY want!!!"

No, no, no.......that's wrong on sooooo many different levels !!

The "old" ones that you're suggesting trading out are in there because he REALLY wants them !!!! The need for a new gun has no correlation to getting rid of some other gun !!!

When YOU buy new shoes or purses, do YOU get rid of the ones you had before????? Oh hell no !!!! Besides, guns are a REAL investment, and will always appreciate in their value.........Try and sell that pair of shoes you're replacing for more than you paid for 'em...............

Juggs buying a new gun is an investment in the future, and an overall positive acquisition, and shouldn't require reducing his overall "portfolio value" to accomplish that !!!!

The additional safe is just to protect the investment..................insurance.............

(Don't know what Gary could've been thinking saying that................. does not compute.) (Newlyweds........, oh well)<<<<<<< (j/k)

Hey, all joking aside (for one second!)

Am I correct that firearms rarely depreciate in value?

I mean, can I truly view them as investments?

don't forget... "i'm rubber you're glue... whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you"

what can i say... i got 3 7/8 kids

Gotta ask. About the 7/8. Where you from? It took me nine months to have mine. Well, except the first. Shotgun wedding. 6 months. And I stopped at three. Three boys, three strikes, I'm out.

Hey, all joking aside (for one second!)

Am I correct that firearms rarely depreciate in value?

I mean, can I truly view them as investments?

some more than others.... mini-14 ranchers dropped in price when the brady bill expired

but i do agree with the sentiment

if you are saving them as an investment the intent is to sell them when the investment matures...

and you wouldn't shoot them... right

at least that's why i "collect" them if and when i can... it's more of a hobby to me

also a legacy to hand downt to your kids

my brothers dad has an 1876 parker double barrel damascus steel shotgun

an amazing firearm

(Don't know what Gary could've been thinking saying that................. does not compute.) (Newlyweds........, oh well)<<<<<<< (j/k)

Jeaux E, I can tell you exactly what I was thinking when I made my suggestion regarding Juggernaut's dilemma:

Albeit, briar pipes (e.g., a pipe that one smokes tobacco out of) don't readily equate to personal firearms.... I have a personal collection of over 21 handmade pipes. One or two of them cost me over $800 to buy (believe it or not..... Hey, everything is relative, right?). Anyway, my new missus (prior to us getting hitched), put the brakes on my "pipe interests," and the only way I could get around it with her, was to agree to sell one or more of my existing pipes to acquire a new pipe (naturally, one that I was much more interested in owning at the time).

So.... that's from where my idea, founded on personal experience, stemmed from.

Oh bloody-well? What can I say? I only own one firearm :blush:; the TROMIX S-20 (that you are well aware of).... but due to my personal experiences with pipe collecting, I think I have a small inkling of what.... "Lays Potato Chips; you can't eat just one" syndrome is all about when it comes to our beloved boom-sticks.... :lolol: ... :lolol:

At the present time.... I'm kinda hell-bent on researching everything I can lay my eyes on toward purchasing a bolt-action target/sniper rifle. After taking my TROMIX S-20 to the firing range a few weeks back; putting some slugs down range, and watching several of the other guys tinkering around with the bolt-action sniper-type rifles with scopes that they were using on the range.... that particular "bug" kinda bit me in the arse. :super: ... :super: ... :super:

I've inquired with Juggernaut himself, regarding what bolt-action platform he would recommend to me? But, ummmm.... that friggen Jarhead lummox can't get his mind out from a bloody cannon; a .50 cal rifle. If I haven't said it before.... IMHO, bigger is NOT always better. :haha:

"Albeit, briar pipes (e.g., a pipe that one smokes tobacco out of) don't readily equate to personal firearms.... I have a personal collection of over 21 handmade pipes. One or two of them cost me over $800 to buy (believe it or not..... Hey, everything is relative, right?). Anyway, my new missus (prior to us getting hitched), put the brakes on my "pipe interests," and the only way I could get around it with her, was to agree to sell one or more of my existing pipes to acquire a new pipe (naturally, one that I was much more interested in owning at the time)."

..........my point having been made...............

Such an insidious idea really shouldn't be promoted as an acceptable way to proceed !! Arrrrgh !!! :ded:

"But I still like Gary's idea :super: about trading out an old one for one that you may REALLY want!!!"

No, no, no.......that's wrong on sooooo many different levels !!

The "old" ones that you're suggesting trading out are in there because he REALLY wants them !!!! The need for a new gun has no correlation to getting rid of some other gun !!!

When YOU buy new shoes or purses, do YOU get rid of the ones you had before????? Oh hell no !!!! Besides, guns are a REAL investment, and will always appreciate in their value.........Try and sell that pair of shoes you're replacing for more than you paid for 'em...............

Juggs buying a new gun is an investment in the future, and an overall positive acquisition, and shouldn't require reducing his overall "portfolio value" to accomplish that !!!!

The additional safe is just to protect the investment..................insurance.............

I hear you Jeaux E. It's just like my wife's jewelry is an investment. :lolol: Right, and what do you think would happen it she had to get rid of a necklace to get a bracelet? Just remember to get your bride jewelry that is at least as expensive as your guns and two can play that game. The additional weaponry is not an issue of "need", it is the same as everything else, "can you afford it?". The smart guy can afford exactly half of what he and his bride can afford together, (assuming she wants something). I have used the "this old thing" excuse but it wears thin in a hurry; generally only good for one shot in a lifetime for me. Best advice I got is, share the purchases like you love her; don't and you risk not having to share one day. :eek:

14 years of wedded bliss, I have yet to make a purchase myself..

Mrs. J got a death grip on the purse strings. But I'm ok with that.

first off, shes smarter than me, (I know that aint saying much).

all our bills are paid. on time.. and we almost always have food to eat.

(Take a peek in the what do we look like thread, you'll see I ain't hurtin'

for food..) For reasons stated above, I've handed her every dime I have made

for 15 and 1/2 years. I (we) have made enough to completely pay off the house.

In fact the first 6 months of our wedded lives, we spent loving in a renovated chicken coup

with no running watter!

I WORK FOR TOYS!!!

If she says we can afford it, I can get it!

I have tried to bribe her with jewels and such...

not her thing, She is very "fuel and food only"

we do WORK for what little we have, in fact we have only taken 1 vacation

"Gettysburg" and went camping as a family once.

by no means are we burning through it...

anyhow, as cool as they are, they are only things.

no matter in life, Im Clumsy, I slip and fall, BUT

I get up and get back on the path. I know were to keep my real treasures!

My view on guns as investments:

YES they are if your intention is to keep them. Getting money back from them is questionable. But if they are decent firearms and you can get them at a competitive price, you'll be glad you did when the sticker prices go up and you find the smae gun costing as much used as you paid for new.

The I've learned to stick with - only buy guns you're willing to keep forever, even if at some point you choose to let some go for whatever reason. And pay what it's worth to YOU, not what someone else thinks it's worth. That may mean paying going price when no one else thinks it's worth it. Or it may mean passing up on every opportunity because it's just not worth it to you at the price they cost.

Guns are the BEST investment. Get you'r C&R liscense-$30 for three years. Buy what you'r "mad money" budget can afford (mosin nagants are going for as little as $69). It may just put you'r grandkids through college.

YES they are if your intention is to keep them. Getting money back from them is questionable. But if they are decent firearms and you can get them at a competitive price, you'll be glad you did when the sticker prices go up and you find the smae gun costing as much used as you paid for new.

Yup, learned that one the hard way a couple times this year... :unsure:

Juggs, If your any good with your hands and have access to tools, there are some really nice kits available for builds if you can wait and time it right. Good return possibility on your investment also. As a side benefit, if you like this kind of stuff it's a hell of a lot of fun too .

In the last year I scored a Galil AR .223 kit, Yugo M92, and as of yesterday a Tantal kit. I build on quality receivers (NoDak/ORF), and bought the kits when the price is right. It's not an answer to everything, but it is a legit option to get what you want on a budget and I've learned some things I didn't know in the process.

Ok, I know that we are on a Saiga forum, so of course, you all share a bond of liking guns alot, (nothing wrong with that, I am just saying) so I can see why you think that way (about NOT selling off an old one to get a new one. But at some point there has to be a limit....somewhere.....)

As for the purses and shoes....ummm well, unlike most women, I have 2 purses, I have had one of them for about a year and the other is my spare. As for shoes, Mr. J actually has more pairs than I do. I literally have 2 or 3 for work and a pair of everyday tennis shoes and a pair of "treadmill" shoes. I am not really one for jewelry either, maybe IF I had alot of money.

You all like to collect guns.....I like to collect money!!!!! :dollar: I would like to pay off our debt....in full. And have a little extra in savings. I don't think I am asking for a lot. :angel: And if you only knew just how many guns/riffles Mr.J has bought in the last 2 years. He has made up for at least 10 years!!!!!!!! Sorry Honey you know I Luv Ya :wub: Just pickin on ya!! I can't help it I am a party pooper and I don't really spend a lot of money.

Aw, Mrs. J,.......just foolin' around........

However, what GOB says is very true...............Economic collapse, national turmoil, extreme natural disaster......What is more valuable.....a chest of guns and ammo, or a chest of money??? (Both would, of course, be great.......but you can't throw money at the looters to keep them from stealing your shit, or worse......) If you discriminately buy your guns, their worth can appreciate quite rapidly...... Collecting guns = Collecting money. I can envision the situation where I'd take no amount of money for even one of my guns......... (like right now....)

+1 to "Guns are the BEST investment."

Guns are the BEST investment. Get you'r C&R liscense-$30 for three years. Buy what you'r "mad money" budget can afford (mosin nagants are going for as little as $69). It may just put you'r grandkids through college.
Edited by Jeaux E

hey man,its all good.. she got OCD like gary... tends to over explain.... tends to sound defensive.

She went to bed... "and yes I'' be following shortly"... But you can be sure she is not and has not ever been offended by you guys.... Hell, she got to hear me talkin' bout yall every day anyhow...

Im sure she feels that she knows all of you...

Now this I can understand:

You all like to collect guns.....I like to collect money!!!!! I would like to pay off our debt....in full. And have a little extra in savings. I don't think I am asking for a lot. And if you only knew just how many guns/riffles Mr.J has bought in the last 2 years. He has made up for at least 10 years!!!!!!!! Sorry Honey you know I Luv Ya Just pickin on ya!! I can't help it I am a party pooper and I don't really spend a lot of money.

See, I never owned a single firearm until about 8 months ago. Frankly, I just got tired of saving. I've been a great saver all my life, and know what to do with money the few times I get it; but I just figured that a number in a checkbook doesn't make me happy anymore.

Most of my guns have been bought with what used to be my savings. I realized I didn't NEED as much savings as I had. I'm not what I'd consider wealthy, just figured that now that I finally have minimal debt, I can't take cash with me when I die, might as well enjoy it while I can.

Now who wants to sell me a gun? :super: Mrs. J, you got any around the house you wanna get rid of? :angel::unsure:

You got guns you can always get more money! :devil: J/K!!!!

That's my philosophy right there. I don't bother stocking up on extra food, money, water, supplies, etc. If I need something when "Z" day arrives, I'll just take it. That's a way to save $$ right there!

Mrs J may some day regret being so oppressive on ol' Mr J. Bad enough we get it coming from gun grabbing politicians, but when your #1 is gunning against you in your own home, that's just pretty low.

**disconnects phone so Mrs J can't call wifey**

You got guns you can always get more money! :devil: J/K!!!!

**disconnects phone so Mrs J can't call wifey**

Damn, Dinzag! do you make her ware a burka too???? LOL J/K! :haha: