Register with BATF?

IMO, if you register with the BATF they'll know you have one if they ever go on a AW witch hunt. From the looks of 1022, it's just the 94 AWB in new clothes. I say convert it, take a photo of it, and mail it to yourself and then store the UN-OPENED letter in your gunsafe. Why? because the Postal office stamps the date on the letter, thus proving you sent it to yourself on X date if the SHTF if Hitlery gets into office.

IMO, if you register with the BATF they'll know you have one if they ever go on a AW witch hunt. From the looks of 1022, it's just the 94 AWB in new clothes. I say convert it, take a photo of it, and mail it to yourself and then store the UN-OPENED letter in your gunsafe. Why? because the Postal office stamps the date on the letter, thus proving you sent it to yourself on X date if the SHTF if Hitlery gets into office.

excellent idea with the mail to yourself. I was also thinking taking a picture of it and listing the parts and then having that piece of paper notarized with the date on it, then mail that to myself.

On a side note, if you ever have a great idea and want to submit it to a company, mail the idea to yourself via Postal service then pitch the idea to the company. If they fuck you and don't give you credit or try to steal a patentable idea, you have proof that you had it first and they got it from you. Also a good idea to write that you were going to pitch your idea to such and such a company for further proof during a possible suit.

One thing about the whole mailing paperwork for anything to yourself as proof verified by postal date stamp: How can you prove <insert whatever papers here> was actually in there when you mailed it? I mean, if we are talking about regular envelopes here, you can easily steam the adhesive enough to open it up, mess with the contents, and re-seal it without it looking like it was ever opened. So would any of that really hold up in court if it came to that? I'm honestly not trying to sound like a dick, but I don't think I would rely on that as legal proof of anything.

Edited by 22_Shooter
One thing about the whole mailing paperwork for anything to yourself as proof verified by postal date stamp: How can you prove <insert whatever papers here> was actually in there when you mailed it? I mean, if we are talking about regular envelopes here, you can easily steam the adhesive enough to open it up, mess with the contents, and re-seal it without it looking like it was ever opened. So would any of that really hold up in court if it came to that? I'm honestly not trying to sound like a dick, but I don't think I would rely on that as legal proof of anything.

Mail it to your lawyer.

First, the burden of proof is on them. Second, take a picture with kids... anyone's kids. Great thing about kids... they age significantly year over year. Having a 2yr old in a pic with a mod'd firearm... can't really fake without being 'found out'. Alternatively, take a pic with a really old person likely to die soon... once again... can't really fake without being found out.

First, the burden of proof is on them. Second, take a picture with kids... anyone's kids. Great thing about kids... they age significantly year over year. Having a 2yr old in a pic with a mod'd firearm... can't really fake without being 'found out'. Alternatively, take a pic with a really old person likely to die soon... once again... can't really fake without being found out.

Ah ha!

The Monty Python approach...

"Bring out your dead!"

:rolleyes: (I can see it now: "Mr. Agent, see? Here is a pic of my gun with a DEAD person." That ought to get you a free padded room and lotsa benzos.)

Edited by lollygagger

lollygagger, good to see you on these boards...you gave me a lot of good info back when I used to hang on the SKS boards. Always good to see a Missouri resident, but aint it a bitch that this even needs to be a thought in a country where so many have died for our freedoms. Back on topic, take pictures and keep all your receipts for compliance items. Good help us all if it ever gets to the point where we need to use them.

Here is what you do for your "poor man's patent". I did this for music pitched to artists. You have to send it registered mail and tape all the seams with paper tape. The non-steamable kind. The post office stamps a date on each seam and if you open it, the stamp/seam will be disrupted and tampering will be evident. I acts like a wax seal. If that is not enough when you sign for your mail/package get a notarized seal placed on it ASAP. As some stated however, I would not send the ATF jack. It is nobodys business what you own. You are not intentionally trying to break the law. They pulled that crap on people in commiefornia, yeah, just let us know what guns you own, by registration, we promise we won't confiscate them---- that is until you give us your name and address. Oh, and thanks for making it easy for us.

Here is what you do for your "poor man's patent". I did this for music pitched to artists. You have to send it registered mail and tape all the seams with paper tape. The non-steamable kind. The post office stamps a date on each seam and if you open it, the stamp/seam will be disrupted and tampering will be evident. I acts like a wax seal. If that is not enough when you sign for your mail/package get a notarized seal placed on it ASAP. As some stated however, I would not send the ATF jack. It is nobodys business what you own. You are not intentionally trying to break the law. They pulled that crap on people in commiefornia, yeah, just let us know what guns you own, by registration, we promise we won't confiscate them---- that is until you give us your name and address. Oh, and thanks for making it easy for us.

That, I can understand. Seems like it would hold more water in court, heaven forbid it ever gets that far. But I agree with most, don't bother letting them know in the first place.

They pulled that crap on people in commiefornia, yeah, just let us know what guns you own, by registration, we promise we won't confiscate them---- that is until you give us your name and address. Oh, and thanks for making it easy for us.

Do you have a link to this information, I would like to read.

Thank you everyone for the multitude of comments. This has been a big help and up until checking now I didn't think there was much action on here. Thanks again.

They pulled that crap on people in commiefornia, yeah, just let us know what guns you own, by registration, we promise we won't confiscate them---- that is until you give us your name and address. Oh, and thanks for making it easy for us.

Do you have a link to this information, I would like to read.

Thank you everyone for the multitude of comments. This has been a big help and up until checking now I didn't think there was much action on here. Thanks again.

Google into the Kali attorney general/dept. of justice site...

all the firearms junk is there.

You mean Dept of INJUSTICE.

I can post all the insidious plain english crap on this and what FEDERAL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS they FORCIBLY made you give up as well as them violating. Let me know and I will post. There goes my baboon ass getting red on this again..

I have read twice in the last few months about one way the Nazi's kept occupied countries occupied.

They would find where the gun registration forms were kept and then go around confiscating the firearms.

Nice to have a list, isn't it.

louielouie

YEah, you guys, screw the registration. My state isn't the Communist Republic of California (talk about fascism, they've got an AUSTRIAN foreigner running the show!) and NO ONE is going to take my firearms. I've got to tell you, I've reached a point in my life where "From my cold, dead hands" means just that. If our country sinks that far into fascism, or my own state for that matter, you better believe I'll be leaving in a body bag before I give up my guns. Opinion here, but I don't think many Americans these days get fired up enough about protecting our firearms rights (The Second Ammendment, for Chrissakes!) to say that they'd die for them. I think most Americans are are soft and complacent (sheep) and will do pretty much whatever "authority" tells them. That's what I've experienced, that's what I know, and I feel strongly about it.

YEah, you guys, screw the registration. My state isn't the Communist Republic of California (talk about fascism, they've got an AUSTRIAN foreigner running the show!) and NO ONE is going to take my firearms. I've got to tell you, I've reached a point in my life where "From my cold, dead hands" means just that. If our country sinks that far into fascism, or my own state for that matter, you better believe I'll be leaving in a body bag before I give up my guns. Opinion here, but I don't think many Americans these days get fired up enough about protecting our firearms rights (The Second Ammendment, for Chrissakes!) to say that they'd die for them. I think most Americans are are soft and complacent (sheep) and will do pretty much whatever "authority" tells them. That's what I've experienced, that's what I know, and I feel strongly about it.

Did you know his father was a party line towing nazi? Lets also not forget what family (ugh) he married into!!