Saiga Pronunciation

Saiga Pronunciation, is it "Sega" or "Sika"(named after the russian animal) as some Russian folks have told me? I'm tired of arguing with people about it around where I live. I've owned these since they were first introduced in the country and still haveto argue with people on the pronunciation.

Thankyou :ph34r:

its named for the all purpose goat in russia. I still say sigh-guh simply because im not in russia, and im part italian and sega is an insult in italian, or at least is sounding the same. I would think you might just want to call it "my gun" or "a 12 gauge AK" instead and save yourself the trouble of an arguement.

"Sika" sounds too much like "psycho" (especially if someone who speaks eubonics English says it). I bet that would be enough reason right there for another liberal gun ban against them. :chris:

BTW - (another rant!), can anyone explain to me why female voters in this country would be *MORE* inclined to vote for John Kerry just because he has Bill Clinton backing him? I could have sworn a few years back during the big Monica scandal that most women considered William Jefferson a slimebag beneath contempt who should of had his testicles lopped off by his wife, but now a few years later they find him "charismatic" and "charming" (WTF?). I wonder how "charismatic" they would find their boyfriends or husbands to be if they got BJ's from every Holiday Inn floozy they had encounters with? :angel:

BTW - does anyone find having Bill Clinton as a character witness akin to me using John Mohammed or Lee Malvo (the VA sniper suspects) as ones if I was to go out and try to get another FOID or CCW card or license? :cryss:

Sometimes the sheer stupidity shown in this country boggles me! :eek:

gaddis: at least you only have to see them on tv....the clintons just up and moved in here and took office. clinton is the one who missed bin laden anyhow, dont know why people dont blame him for not getting him the three times he COULD have.

its named for the all purpose goat in russia. I still say sigh-guh simply because im not in russia, and im part italian and sega is an insult in italian, or at least is sounding the same. I would think you might just want to call it "my gun" or "a 12 gauge AK" instead and save yourself the trouble of an arguement.

I pronounce It the same way but mostly I just call it "my AK" because deep down it is an AK just with a different name.

gaddis: at least you only have to see them on tv....the clintons just up and moved in here and took office. clinton is the one who missed bin laden anyhow, dont know why people dont blame him for not getting him the three times he COULD have.

I feel you NY'ers pain, Bvamp! :cryss:

Maybe if Bin Laden had some nice furniture in his bunker worth stealing, or his camel looking wife kept her veil on during the HJ maybe slick Willie would have gotten close enough to finally nab him? :osama::rolleyes:

Anyway, it's funny the way the liberal Democrats and the idiots who support them bellyache and whine like spoiled little schoolchildren when someone insults or digs up some dirt on them, but it's just peachy-keen when they are the ones dishing out the dirt or insults. :(

I really hate how whiny and stupid this country seems to be getting. :ded:

gaddis: i appreciate that. dont get mad at me if I appear "confused" at times. I cant help it. plus, consider Im a born NYer....I like to fight. right on man. f'n right on...........you have no idea, and yet how CLOSE to the truth you are.......

( you think your neighbors are bad guys??? try MINE!! )

BTW - (another rant!), can anyone explain to me why female voters in this country would be *MORE* inclined to vote for John Kerry just because he has Bill Clinton backing him? I could have sworn a few years back during the big Monica scandal that most women considered William Jefferson a slimebag beneath contempt who should of had his testicles lopped off by his wife, but now a few years later they find him "charismatic" and "charming" (WTF?). I wonder how "charismatic" they would find their boyfriends or husbands to be if they got BJ's from every Holiday Inn floozy they had encounters with? :angel:

actually, women voters are leaning towards bush by an overwhelming margin according to several national polls.

the liberal news likes to put their spin on things like that. i saw a story on yahoo news saying that kids across the nation support kerry, but a week later the onevote(largest nation wide vote for kids) chose Bush. 41 out of 50 states chose Bush to be exact.

you have to look through all the bullshit lies the mass media spews to see the truth, and the truth is that all major news groups have an agenda.

Well, I hope that's in fact true, guest. :)

All of the liberal college-type women interviewed around where I live parrot the lines about how President Bush has screwed this country into bankrupcy in the four years that he has been in, not counting the insurmountable damage (someone else on the board here also parroted this crap) he has done to the environment (nobody remembers that whoremaster Gore selling some property he owned to silver strip miners), not thinking that driving their lazy asses around in their gas-guzzling SUV's and throwing ther kids plastic shit-filled diapers into the McDonald's or Wal Mart's restroom wastebaskets hurts the planet's environment either. :ded:

I don't want to even get into the kids in my area. Hell, by the time most of them are of legal age to vote, all that paint sniffing and binge drinking they seem to be doing every weekend (if not out getting new body piercings, dreadlocks, or white Marilyn Manson contact lenses) I'm sure will account for quite a few hanging chads (that is, if some of them even have time to gto out and vote taking care of their five illegitamate children by three different daddy's). :dollar:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure they are the type (screw loose in the head women) we see on liberal talk shows crying over their goofy-looking "eminem" wanna-be boyfriends who just cheated on them with their sister and mother, Zipperhead. :wacko:

• 9 months later...

What ever happened to the little audio file that was floating around for awhile with the proper pronunciation on it?

The proper pronunciation was "Say-guh" I think.

When I call it anything other than "My AK", I call it a "Say-I-Guh" just like everybody else that speaks english.

:D

:angel::angel::angel:

Points to remember:

The Saiga is a Russian Antelope. The meat is delicious and somewhat sweet.

I have tasted the meat at Safariclub International functions.

On the pronounciation?

I call mine Natasha Dragomirov.

On the current trend in American thinking regarding a lot of things-

Right down the crapper. The dumbing of America is a not so secret agenda of politicians.

Some member of this forum printed 'what it is to be man' and I whole heartedly agree with it.

We have lost many old, worthwhile standards in the rush to 'try something new'.

I still sing the Star Spangled Banner [out loud] and 'God Bless America' and keep a copy of 'I am an American' on the wall. But with the current trend, the music will not change only the sound.

The Bleating of Sheep

and the Silence of the Lambs.

I pronounce it say-ga. My local dealer calls them sa-gas. I've heard poeple say se- aga, si-aga, si-ga...

As an imported object people in different parts of the US, even the same town are going to pronounce it different depending on where they are from or how they have heard it pronounced. Therefore there is no right or wrong way to say it in english.

this is going another way, but not being from ny and not being from anywhere but texas i say it sega, like the damn sega genisis, or the sega dreamcast, like sonic the hedgehg sega. i've heard people say sai-guh, it dont sound right. say-i-guh it soo much, its like this in the south(or at least to me and my friends) say-guh

I've heard pretty much all of 'em up here in Mich. My usual group is split. I use Sega (Say-Guh) myself for the most part.

Some of the others call 'em Saga (Saaahh Gaaahh) like they're a bunch of goats. Maybe it's all the farms around here. :lolol:

Also heard Sigh-ay-guh...sounds kinda funny though...