Well, we're on a roll. Two shootings in Colorado. One at the New Life Church were Haggard was fired for doing meth and male prostitutes. And another at a missionary office 70 miles away.

I was glad to read the church had armed security that took down the shooter.

sorry-double post site/computer freaked out on me.

Edited by Paladin

Well, we're on a roll. Two shootings in Colorado. One at the New Life Church were Haggard was fired for doing meth and male prostitutes. And another at a missionary office 70 miles away.

I was glad to read the church had armed security that took down the shooter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/10/us/10cnd-shoot.html?ref=us

I'd like to add that the only thing that SAVED lives that day was an armed good guy. (or gal)

What's to bet that most of the major liberal media outlets will "conveniently" overlook reporting this fact? :angry:

This is how AOL news put it.

They are talking around the fact that the person that ended it is a CHP holder. CNN called Jeanne Assam a "security guard". They can't stand the fact that that a normal woman with a CHP saved the day.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/megachurch-mi...210152609990001

"Jeanne Assam, a church member who volunteers as a security guard, shot Murray, who was found with a rifle and two handguns, police said.

Assam said she believes God gave her the strength to confront Murray, keeping her calm and focused.

"It seemed like it was me, the gunman and God," she said at a news conference.

The pastor credited her with preventing more bloodshed.

"There could have been a great loss of life yesterday, and she probably saved over 100 lives."

Hmmmmmmm...................... Church chicks with guns, now thats hot.

Edited by 748

I saw it for my self.

Fox News interviewed the woman and they said she used her CHP gun to take down the guy.

Fox news is calling the "dead ass hole" (as we call them) a "looser and people like him are going to get "nailed" if they try this stuff because of CHP holders.

Later on they are going to run a segment about getting a CHP. Fox news is being about as pro gun as it gets.

Have to disagree with you there Twin. Fox is about as slanted as they come, but between this and the sudden Bush bashing, at least Fox is spinning in a direction I'm more comfortable with.

Oh please Dayan, don't tell me you think they are as slanted as the rest of the networks. They are as unbiased as the MSM can come, if they can come unbiased at all. One hell of a lot better than CNN or the rest.

Have to disagree with you there Twin. Fox is about as slanted as they come, but between this and the sudden Bush bashing, at least Fox is spinning in a direction I'm more comfortable with.

agreed - i was always entertained to watch the news services whenever a Bush scandal hit, every other new services has it as a headline "Bush ok'd torture" (or whatever) and Fox would ignore the story for 5 hours then put it as a small header at the bottom....like.....oh by the way.........

at least until bush became a lame duck, now they will roll with it.

I still consider them quite slanted - they just say they are fair and balanced....but not really....everyone has an angle....