WHATS IN YOUR "ZOMBIE" SURVIVAL KIT

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a good edition to any Zombie Survival Kit is a screwdriver rolled-up in a pillowcase. It fits in your back pocket and serves many practical uses during the Apocalypse, including the most brutal makeshift closerange weapon: the pillowcase full of doorknobs. It even allows you to carry the screwdriver in your offhand for eye-gouging. :ded: And best of all, no purchase is necessary, you prolly have it in any given room of your house when the outbreak occurs, and it has no moving parts to fail or ammo to run out of.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the can of beans in the pic in an earlier post, and I would reccomend a couple of jars of peanut butter instead. Good, cheap protien, and you don't have to worry about it spoiling. Also, if you can't take a shower/bath I have found that GermX, the alcohol hand sanitizer slathered on your feet will prevent athletes foot (avail. at wally-world). It won't dry your skin out because it has moisturizers in it, and it is cheap. I have to stay in hotels as a result of my job and was starting to get weird foot problems. GermX cleared them up when nothing else would.

• 2 weeks later...

Did we ever settle the zombie/zombies in helicopters/government thing? The answer is key to my plan.

I'm gonna hightail it to the airport with the guns, ammo & supplies already stashed in the truck. Jump in the Piper and head west following I-90 and the Lake Erie shoreline. There's always enough gas onboard to make Indiana. Would prefer to make my last stand in a red state where sane people are in the majority.

The grounded metal hangar should protect the magneto fired engine well enough. Avionics may be toast, but altimeter, airspeed and compass should work...and maybe the vacuum powered gyros. More than I need, really. If I can see the ground, I'll get there. If the starter's kaput, I'll hand prop it.

Looking forward to a pleasant flight. Oops! Gotta stash a generator in the hangar to open the hangar door...

Bob

Edited by 555JM
  • 3 weeks later...
Actually a limited amount of very high altitude/low orbit nukes is survivable, only electronics would fry. Fallout would be very limited and all of the armed forces would be quite limited in their capability after. No more high tech toys, vehicles or communications. The fun part is you would not need many nukes, the area of effect from such a burst is very very wide. I think you could take out the whole continent with no more then 5 or so with very high altitude/suborbital bursts. No need for really precise guidance systems either, just need to make sure they go off simultaneously lest they be fratricidal. Difficult but doable by any of the major nuclear powers, but why would they want to. Nothing Ahmed is likely to be able to do in any event.

Not that zombies would get much out of EMP'ing the continent, but in case they did, they'd only need a single large-yield device at 120 miles to hit most of the continent.

EMP_areas.JPG

If you like non-zombie EMP survival fiction, there's a really good (free) book called Lights Out.

wow! thanks for the heads up on lights out! just finished it .very good, could not stop reading it .thanks again!!

I'm a Katrina survivor. And unless you've lived through it, you guys have NO idea what it'll be like after it hits the fan. Hell, Katrina was just a dress rehersal.

I have far too much stuff to move (gotta wife)

All I want is my wife safe, peace and no BS in my area. Bottom line is there is no where to go, so why leave?

Live for what? Tommorow to be worse than today?!?!?!?!?!?!

Study the Bible, when it hits, it's gonna be "worse than any time ever recorded in history, if it weren't for those days being shortened, all flesh would perish" (pararphrased).

Best readiness kit? Old and new testament !!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to hurt anybody.

Water is key, I learned that the hard way.

Bingo! I love to be prepared but nobody's going to live forever so Fear God and nothing else.

Amen,...

I'm a Katrina survivor. And unless you've lived through it, you guys have NO idea what it'll be like after it hits the fan. Hell, Katrina was just a dress rehersal.

I have far too much stuff to move (gotta wife)

All I want is my wife safe, peace and no BS in my area. Bottom line is there is no where to go, so why leave?

Live for what? Tommorow to be worse than today?!?!?!?!?!?!

Study the Bible, when it hits, it's gonna be "worse than any time ever recorded in history, if it weren't for those days being shortened, all flesh would perish" (pararphrased).

Best readiness kit? Old and new testament !!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to hurt anybody.

Water is key, I learned that the hard way.

Bingo! I love to be prepared but nobody's going to live forever so Fear God and nothing else.