cant decide between saiga and arsenal

The Saiga is lighter. I have never shot SAM-7, but I'm almost certain that the Saiga will have the same or better accuracy than any AK variants. If you can afford the SAM-7 and like the look of it, go for it. This is not the case "you get for what you paid". SAM-7 for $700 NIB? I have never seen that price at anywhere.

I have owned both makes. To compare these is really apples and oranges. The SAM7 is a variant of the type3 milled receiver. The Saiga is lighter and is a newer AK-100 variant. The Saiga's action is consistantly smooth compared to other stamped receiver makes. Compare a recent production Arsenal stamped receiver and a Saiga and you will probably see differing levels of quality control. These differences do not effect functioning. The older SAM series milled guns seem to be on a par with the Saigas in the quality control department. Having said that both Arsenal and Saiga go boom when you pull the trigger. It really comes down to personal preference and the amount of money you are willing to spend. When in doubt buy both!

I cant decide between a saiga 7.62 or an arsenal sam-7. the arsenal website lists the sam7 weight at 3.67 kg and the izmash website lists the saiga as 3.8. but how can this be if the saiga is stamped and the arsenal is milled?

which is more accurate in your opinion?

The Saiga is lighter. I have never shot SAM-7, but I'm almost certain that the Saiga will have the same or better accuracy than any AK variants. If you can afford the SAM-7 and like the look of it, go for it. This is not the case "you get for what you paid". SAM-7 for $700 NIB? I have never seen that price at anywhere.

Thats kinda what I said, I called him back today and asked if they had any more for that price!!!

• 1 month later...
which has a thicker barrel profile, the saiga or the arsenal?

what is the barrel profile of the saiga?

what about the SAM?

bump for more info

also, how much extra should I expect to pay for dimples. I really dont want magazine wobble, and probably wont buy a saiga without the dimples. I found one for 300$ +shipping with no mag, but has dimples.

which has a thicker barrel profile, the saiga or the arsenal?

what is the barrel profile of the saiga?

what about the SAM?

bump for more info

also, how much extra should I expect to pay for dimples. I really dont want magazine wobble, and probably wont buy a saiga without the dimples. I found one for 300$ +shipping with no mag, but has dimples.

you ask ask reps from RAA by going to this site and contacting them, they are fast about getting info back to you

http://www.raacfirearms.com/index.htm

bump for more info

There haven't been many reports of mag wobble on Saigas without dimples. People have said there are "plates" in the inside that act as dimples. But to be honest, I have never checked my non-dimpled Saiga to see, but there is no wobble anyway.