R beryl style mounts solid?

Recently bought side mount bp-02 bellruse and could not get to zero. all gropes 5to 6 inches at 100 yds apon inspection seen thar the recever flex seems to be the problem. Movement side to side caused by thin stamped recever metal. So I am thinking of buying the beryl style mount and was wondering if it will be rock solid or will it wiggle side to side? I want to keep my scope so I dont think the ultimack mount will work. I will instal a rail on my arsinal slr 95 milled recver for the bp-02.

Did you adjust the scope mount dovetail to stop the "flex"?

I am not sure what You mean by dovetail. I adjusted it so it would get tighter. but it seems like the rail and recever wiggles. not sight to the rail.

There are many makers of the beryl style rail in the US, which one were you considering?

I like the one on krebs site for the Quick detach and rear peep but read they were going to be alot of $$$ so I have been looking at the one from gillberts but dont want to loose all iron sights for $69. What do you recomend?

the mount from gilberts seems like a very stable mount....

http://www.gilbertsguns.com/Rifles/Saiga/S...eTop+Rail+Rifle

Have you tested it? Does it keep zero or rattle loose.

That's a DPH mount. Scott sold out so quickly, I hope he wore oven gloves handling the orders.

There have been no complaints from the Ak forums.

He is currently redesigning it based on feedback.

P.S. How can it 'rattle loose'? It's attached to the rear sight block and screwed down to the rear stock tang. You should check out the AK forums for pix and reviews.

I have the DPHArms beryl-style mount and it's rock solid. I used a brass insert in the stock and a 10/24 machine screw so I won't wear out the stock.

post-4394-1204774382_thumb.jpgpost-4394-1204774403_thumb.jpg

post-4394-1204774418_thumb.jpgpost-4394-1204774437_thumb.jpg

post-4394-1204774549_thumb.jpgpost-4394-1204774587_thumb.jpg

post-4394-1204774616_thumb.jpg

So far, it's holding up great!

Ok Thats it I am going to have to get one as soon as I can convince the wife I need it for my gun crazy sickness she calls it.

I had some problems with the BP-02 mount as well. They went away when I retightened all of the screws (mostly the ones holding the rail to the mount) and applied gorilla glue. If your gun's receiver is flexing significantly under pressure from your hands: there's a serious problem with the gun. If it's conjecture, I'd look to other possible sources for the problem. It seems to be a common problem with those mounts, that they come apart under recoil. It's probably not an issue on the 7.62x39 rifles, but the 308 produces significantly more recoil.

The patterning of the bullets within your groups can tell you alot about what's going on. I'll go ahead and assume that ammunition quality isn't an issue, and that your scope isn't broken. So, what do your groups look like, deadeye?

Oh, and, does anyone have info on the beryl type mount that DSA was advertising in Shotgun News? I saw the ad once and it was gone in the next issue. Didn't seem that the mount ever showed up on their website. I'm interested specifically because it has a rear sight at the very back of the rail/receiver cover. Might be a good addition to any number of AK style guns.

Oh, and, does anyone have info on the beryl type mount that DSA was advertising in Shotgun News? I saw the ad once and it was gone in the next issue. Didn't seem that the mount ever showed up on their website. I'm interested specifically because it has a rear sight at the very back of the rail/receiver cover. Might be a good addition to any number of AK style guns.

There have been a lot of "great plans" to bring Beryl style rails to the masses.

To my knowledge, only Scott at DPH and the stubbicat website have offered reasonably priced models (you can spend $250+ with Mr. Krebs if you like).

To my knowledge, only Scott at DPH and the stubbicat website have offered reasonably priced models (you can spend $250+ with Mr. Krebs if you like).

Nothing at all against the DPH mount, which I think is a great deal for the money, and Scott is a good guy to do business with, but the Krebs unit is just a superior product. In addition to providing a scope rail, it has a built in back up iron sight at the rear of the mount, which greatly increases the sight radius. This will greatly aid accurate shooting using the iron sights. In addition, the mount is quick releasable, so you can still field strip your AK without using tools, and I suspect that the Krebs mount will be a lot more likely to return to zero if you need to remove it. Whether or not it is worth spending $275 on a scope mount for a $300 rifle, dunno. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put one on an MAK-90 like the guy on the other forum did, but for a converted Saiga that I've alread dumped a bunch of money into, I could see doing it. It's just not a priority for me now, though.

I had some problems with the BP-02 mount as well. They went away when I retightened all of the screws (mostly the ones holding the rail to the mount) and applied gorilla glue. If your gun's receiver is flexing significantly under pressure from your hands: there's a serious problem with the gun. If it's conjecture, I'd look to other possible sources for the problem. It seems to be a common problem with those mounts, that they come apart under recoil. It's probably not an issue on the 7.62x39 rifles, but the 308 produces significantly more recoil.

The patterning of the bullets within your groups can tell you alot about what's going on. I'll go ahead and assume that ammunition quality isn't an issue, and that your scope isn't broken. So, what do your groups look like, deadeye?

I can get the elevation zeroed in but seems like I am continuously adjusting left or right to keep it where I want it. The best I have got was about 4 1/2 inch at 100 used barnol 147 grn soft point ammo. Also I can take the mount and move it side to side almost a 1/16 of a inch at the scope. It seems to me that eather the rivets holding the rail on arent tight enough or the recever is flexing or both. I can see the oil disperse in the seem between the rail and the recever when I move it by hand. All the screws are tight on the mount and the dovetail gets real tight with the lever.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...