yea I was thinking the same thing just wanted to confirm

I just dont get how the Saigas are so much cheaper then the AK

My friend tells me its because you can a Saiga a fully Auto

I don't follow you on that last line...

Saiga's cannot be made full auto, it's against the law.... SEMI-AUTO AK's CANNOT be made full auto, it's against the law.

They're on even ground..... unless you spend 15,000 and get a FA AK47.

They're cheaper because you have to modify the Saiga to have a pistol grip, and other features of the AK.

You also have to modify it to take AK mags.

You can probably modify any gun to make it full auto, but......

Converting any existing gun into full auto is a sure way to get a long-term roomate who thinks you'd look good in pink panties! :o

Spend some time reading and searching on here.

You'll find most of your questions have been asked and answered.

Edited by mini14jac

Ak's never overheat? Maybe you missed that video floating around about the guy with the flaming handguards?

Or I could post a pic of my front handguards that are melted on the inside from us firing too fast....

even though its an AK its still a machine and it will have problems at some point in time.

You can make an illegal adjustment to make it fullly Auto

Hmm, an adjustment.

Well I guess the plastic surgeon will call it an "adjustment" to repair what an out of battery explosion will do to some ones face...

There are no adjustments to be made with the rifles.

If you understand the design difference between the military and the civilian versions of the rifles you would understand.

Hey not meaning to kick you but a lot of people have no idea what the differences are between military and civie style parts...

Saying, "a couple a tweaks and its a machine gun" isn't true...

All meant in good spirit!

You can pm me or let me know the difference or even send me a link I d like to know difference
What you wish to know is easily found elsewhere.

Illegal machine guns aren't fun enough to make up for a minimum 10 years in the pokey and seizure of all your property.

a real AK is more expensive b/c of limited #'s in circulation in the US since the import ban, so the prices are naturally higher then saigas which are imported all the time. It is the same gun, just different stock/trigger setup, and saigas are not fully auto, u can bumpfire but that no where near the same...

edit: "real ak" = factory configured RUSSIAN assault rifle (AK47 or newer model)

Edited by Vultite

Autos have a number of extra parts, basically an auto has a lever that is tripped when the bolt closes and lets the hammer drop at that point... Not quite that simple but you get the idea.

I have a number of AKs and saigas and they are the same rifle. And you can overheat an AK just as easy as a saiga. About 100+ rounds real quick and you will have some smoke starting to come off your handgaurds, few hundred more and they will be on fire.

PS, sand and mud can cause an AK to jam..... It takes a lot but they do jam.

look up "bumpfiring" on you tube.

Edited by csspecs
  • 2 months later...
Aks can fire anywhere mud sand etc and never overheat or jam

Can the same be said for the Saiga?

One day at the range I tested my Saiga out to see if it lived up to the hype. I threw 3 hand fulls of dirt into the reciever, replaced the cover and fired 20 rounds without a hitch. I kept on shooting for the rest of that day(another 30+ rounds).