My internet is OUT!

I dug a drain ditch this weekend with a terramite (miniature rubber tire hoe :hoe on back, bucket in front). Dug a great ditch out to the road and should have left well enough alone. The water was running great but I wanted to make it better. I started scraping the main ditch on the road to get the clumped up grass, debris, and silt out of it and caught the main cable line on the road. My phone, internet and cable all got taken out (probably some neighbors too :angel: ). The cable wasn't in the right spot and couldn't have been 6 inches under ground. This is way to shallow for a line on the road (and also considering the 6 inches was probably from 10 years of silt run off). Anyways, I'm down and out. I don't want to access my store controls or email from a public computer so it might be tonight or tomorrow before I'm back up. The cable company said they would be out today but it is becoming later in the day and I'm starting to wonder if they will make it. Sorry and be back on soon (I hope)!

NICE dude!

Maybe we can get 1911 to post the pic of the super retard award for you!

Hope you get it fixed soon dude!

until then... you know the board has got your back!

Well at least it was only a comm cable and not buried electric service... could have been worse, check out this goof:

EL MONTE - Authorities say a man has been killed in an El Monte fire and explosion being attributed to an attempt to pilfer copper wires.

Los Angeles fire Inspector Frank Garrido says crews responded to a reported explosion Monday morning and found a large, one-story commercial building on fire. They put out the blaze in about 15 minutes.

Garrido says crews found the unidentified victim's body by an electrical vault and believe he was involved in an attempt to steal copper wire.

He did not know if the victim was electrocuted, or if he died from the explosion and fire.

At least it wasn't a power line. sssssttt! and no drum for me! :eek:

Damm good point Paladin, Mike do we need to take turns coming over to your place and err.......... keeping an eye on you to make sure you don't hurt yourself? J/K LOL

Hell, that sucks man!

I have half a mind to dub you an honorary illegal immigrant, but that is too cruel, and I wouldnt wish that on anyone!

I guess you found something that you should leave well enough alone, when it works, sorta, and not tune it!

Heh, I know exactly how you feel. I do tree work, and we often edge flower beds and plant stuff for clients. Well, I'm going on 4 or 5 wires I've hit. None were power, because they realize that you have to actually BURY the wire, instead of just jabbing it an inch or 2 under the sod with your shovel! They're supposed to put it at least 8" down, I think. Guess that's too much work for the lazy bum that installs them.

Okay, rant over.

Acer

• 2 weeks later...

National Electric Code (NEC) Requirements: MINIMUM 24" burial depth for 0-600 volt nominal applications.

Recommended that ALL wires to be buried be in either galvanized conduit or schedule 40 PVC @ depth for added protection.

IBEW Local 3 NYC

nyclu3