• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jerrytofdallas

jerrytofdallas

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

Attached File  NEWFORM1.pdf   460.32KB   1064 downloads Here is the latest version of ATF Form 1 in smart .pdf format
  • CrankyYankee likes this
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. " --George Orwell—

#2 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Sho-Gun of Saiga

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,395 posts
  • Verified Business

• Company Name:

Juggernaut Graphics

• Company Website:
    www.juggernaut-graphics.com
  • Contact Email:

info@juggernaut-graphics.com

• Contact Phone:

989 725 AK74

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

Good post! you get a sticky!

"It is missing the point to believe that the 'ability to fight' is simply about defeating your enemy.
It is not in defeating your enemies; It's about the strategy of killing the evil of one man to give life to ten thousand" ~Yagyu Munenori

#3 1911

The Flying Ashtray Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Congratulations Jerry! I've been here a long while and I've been in some sticky situations but have never been stickied. :lol: You should be honored. :super: All b.s. aside, thank you.
WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!
http://transsylvania...their-guns.html

Our Republic's Founders had it right. "To disarm the people is
the best and most effectual way to enslave them," warned George
Mason. Patrick Henry concurred, imploring future generations:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve
it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are
inevitably ruined.

#4 oranjoose

oranjoose

• 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

what is that form for?

#5 Azrial

Azrial

A Riddle, Wrapped in a Mystery, Inside an Enigma

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

Thanks!
  • CrankyYankee likes this

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - I stand with Arizona!

Proud Member of the Top 10 9 posters of all time!

IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY – Azrial's comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, Azrial holds no title to said Azrial comments IF Azrial comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of Azrial comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of Azrial. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use Azrial comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the Azrial comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the Azrial comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the Azrial comments in the same context that the Azrial comments were previously expressed. Azrial retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Azrial comments. All rights not granted are reserved by Azrial. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE AZRIAL COMMENTS PROVIDED THE AZRIAL COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE.

#6 tritium

tritium

Top Member

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

what is that form for?

A Form 1 is for making a short barrel rifle or shotgun, in most cases.
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud (or not)
The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherf**ker.
-Anonymous
Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult.
-Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov
Peace is that brief, glorious, quiet moment in history when everybody is standing around reloading.
-Anonymous

"Yes, Officer, I was trying to burn my house down.... Why do you ask ?"

#7 cmstea00

cmstea00

• 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

first post. glad to be here. just to make sure, if i do conversion work on my factory x39 to make it 922R compliant, i DO NOT need to fill out one of these forms?

what is that form for?

A Form 1 is for making a short barrel rifle or shotgun, in most cases.

#8 tritium

tritium

Top Member

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

first post. glad to be here. just to make sure, if i do conversion work on my factory x39 to make it 922R compliant, i DO NOT need to fill out one of these forms?

Correct, as long as you maintain at least a 16 inch barrel.
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud (or not)
The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherf**ker.
-Anonymous
Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult.
-Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov
Peace is that brief, glorious, quiet moment in history when everybody is standing around reloading.
-Anonymous

"Yes, Officer, I was trying to burn my house down.... Why do you ask ?"

#9 Merlin

Merlin

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:04 PM

Correct, as long as you maintain at least a 16 inch barrel.

The form can also be found here http://www.atf.gov/f...pdfs/f53201.pdf also remember when you print it out to do so front and back. Thanks to everyone for all the great info on this site, but like most people my head still hurts from trying to figure out 922r compliance. So I figure I will just go ahead and apply for a SBS and go from there, even if I do not actually cut shorter than 16".

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
"Molon Labe!!"
"It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

#10 Twinsen

Twinsen

Swamp Yankee

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

Now if I could get reader (which I purcashed) to actually work... AHA, it doesn't with Vista.

Free reader time.

I gotta look up how you Form 1 stuff. I know nothing about it and know that someday I'll be chopping something. I'm thinking a side by side with external hammers. I've been looking for a really cheap one at gun stores, but the ugliest crappiest SxS that I find is always like $800 and pieces are falling off of it, the wood is cracked, there's a ton of surface rust, etc. And the new ones I see are all made in east bloc countries and have cracked wood.

Edited by Twinsen, 31 January 2009 - 11:11 PM.

I might end up being around a lot more.
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 sdswp5

sdswp5

• 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for posting the form1 document. Do you have the instructions as well? ATF wasn't very helpful this morning on a call and the forms I have requested from them in the last few weeks are taking forever to arrive.

#12 JAG

JAG

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

Edited by U.S Praetorian, 22 May 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#13 Shandlanos

Shandlanos

Guy who finally figured out how to change his title

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

It's a little more than just documentation. The ATF Form 1 is essentially an application for a tax stamp allowing the creation and registration of an NFA item; an SBS, SBR, DD, Machine Gun (now only legal as an individual if being created for LE/MIL), Suppressor or AOW.

You can use the original serial number if you are modifying an existing weapon, and must provide a serial number if you are creating a new weapon; also, you as the manufacturer must stamp certain information on the receiver.

DO NOT accept what I am telling you as the ultimate authority, rather only as a helpful guide. I have never completed a Form 1, only a Form 4. Before you make any modifications that would produce an NFA-restricted device, be absolutely certain that you have fulfilled all the requirements of the law. This will require further research, and it's worth it to make sure you stay out of federal prison.

IF I recall correctly, the required information to be stamped/engraved is your name (I've been told initials suffice) and your city and state. The minimum size and depth of the stamping/engraving are also specified. Once the form has been completed, it must be sent to the ATF for approval. This takes a long time (my recent NFA approval took 3 months), and you must not create the item until you have received the approved paperwork with the affixed tax stamp. The creation tax for any NFA item is $200, and although the transfer tax is only $5 for an AOW you must still pay the full $200 to create one.

Hope that helps give you a basic understanding of the process. A wealth of information can be found on the ATF's website: http://www.atf.gov

Thanks Jerry for the post! Saved to the HD :D
This would be my signature if I had anything important to say.

Bebo, ergo sum.

#14 JAG

JAG

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

Edited by U.S Praetorian, 22 May 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#15 Scott Kenny

Scott Kenny

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Does this mean I'd need to submit a Form 1 if I install a barrel with either a threaded muzzle or a threaded flash suppressor, since I could just as easily install a noise suppressor as a flash suppressor?

Or does Form 1 only apply to making the suppressor itself?
Yes, that is my real name. I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say to your face, and I don't care what 'Big Brother' knows about my interests.

Real names on a forum cut down on flame wars.

#16 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Does this mean I'd need to submit a Form 1 if I install a barrel with either a threaded muzzle or a threaded flash suppressor, since I could just as easily install a noise suppressor as a flash suppressor?

Or does Form 1 only apply to making the suppressor itself?

So long as your barrel doesn't meet the length requirements to be considered an NFA weapon, threads mean nothing.

The suppressor is an NFA item.
"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

#17 macbeau

macbeau

Pawn on the two-way range of life

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

In this instance, a flash suppressor (threading the barrel) isn't something you'd need a Form 1 on.

However - for a SOUND/SONIC suppressor (Silencer, Can, et. al.), you'd need a form 1 to make one, or a form 4 to buy one, and transfer it to you....

"Inside every liberal is an American trying to get out." -- Macbeau (2004)

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash." -- Sir Winston Churchill (1943)

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC. (1991)

"Statistics in the hands of an liberal are like a lamp-post to a drunk - they're used more for support than illumination." -- Bill Sangster (1989)

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". -- Ambrose Bierce (1887)

Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.
- Unknown...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users