I bought another AR the other day. This time I got a Colt AR-15 9MM Carbine. After looking at it I decided I didn't like the plastic brass/gas deflector on it. It looked like an after thought. I ordered a new full length dust cover from Brownells. It took about 2 minutes to replace the ugly parts. After a couple of mags of ammo no problems.

9mm.jpg

9mm556.jpg

Now if my 50 Beowulf ever shows up..

I bought another AR the other day. This time I got a Colt AR-15 9MM Carbine. After looking at it I decided I didn't like the plastic brass/gas deflector on it. It looked like an after thought. I ordered a new full length dust cover from Brownells. It took about 2 minutes to replace the ugly parts. After a couple of mags of ammo no problems.

I am building a 9mm AR15 can I talk you out of the old parts?

Edited by SOPMOD
Nice rig!

What kinda mags does it take? Uzi?

you can modify UZI mags for it

Yes,you can even get followers for Uzi mags that will hold the bold open but still allow the mag to work in an Uzi.

I used to have Colt but sold it and now I am building my own part by part and will use mostly Uzi mags since I already have a boat load of them :)

http://users.zoominternet.net/~picplace/bolt_hold_open.htm

PS:I will accept donations and make trades for any surplus 9mm AR15 parts :D

Edited by SOPMOD

have you shot it yet? i have only shot one colt 9MM carbine and it was worthless POS, i'd rather throw the gun at someone then try to shoot them, the gun upper was loose fitted to the lower, i even had to double check to make sure it was a colt, trigger pull was shit, it wasn't sighted right and it grouped about 7-8 inches at 50 yards, it was a rental gun but fuck was it aweful, i demanded a refund after the first clip. I'm looking into buying one but not sure if i should get the colt or do a RRA build....

have you shot it yet? i have only shot one colt 9MM carbine and it was worthless POS, i'd rather throw the gun at someone then try to shoot them, the gun upper was loose fitted to the lower, i even had to double check to make sure it was a colt, trigger pull was shit, it wasn't sighted right and it grouped about 7-8 inches at 50 yards, it was a rental gun but fuck was it aweful, i demanded a refund after the first clip. I'm looking into buying one but not sure if i should get the colt or do a RRA build....

I have fired a couple of mags through it. Nothing serious, just off hand plinking and it seems to shoot good. It hit everything I shot at. The upper is good and tight to the lower, the trigger is a little heaver than I like, around 5lb, but I'll take care of that.

Colts are a little hard to find right now. I ordered this one from Clyde Armory.

Edited by Banshee

If you want an AR15 9mm you should really look at American Spirit Arms. I recently purchased one and it is extremely well made. The fit and finish is top notch. Mine is a m4 flat top with, before you guys freak, a vector optics 551 Eotech clone sight. I know it is a red dot but it works well and co-witnesses well. It has not malfunctioned and does not wash out in sunlight. The green reticle works better in the sun. Anyway it was only $85.00 and the gun has BUIS on so no big deal. The gun shoots one-holers at 25-30 meters. I thought i was missing the target! 1-2in at 100m. and that is with the chinky site. Holds zero and is repeatable. I was really impressed. I use the C-product mags they fit tight with no movement, much better than the uzi mags. The BHO only works if your mag release is so equipped and your followers. It is different than on a standard AR. I received the gun 4 days after it was ordered. There is zero recoil and barrel twist is 1 in 10. mag block is top loader and doesn't fall out with the mag. Colts are waaay over priced not very well put together. I have one in 762x39 and i also bought it new. The gas key was loosely staked on and resulted in frequent FTF, FTEs, like every 1-2 rounds and a gunsmith had the tighten the barrel since it came from the factory loose. Colt would not fix the problems, piss on them. They are like HK when it come to civilians. Maybe that is why the military M-16s are made by FN. RRA takes about 6-8 months to get one. If you are serious check out ASA you will not be dissapointed.

i'm also looking into spike's tactical, since he lives down the road i'm tryin to convince him to produce a carbine, and also sun devil and CMMG

CMMG has chrome lined barrels everybody else has ???????

Each to their own. Other companies make fine rifles, I just like Colt. I own two Colts now and have owned other Colts in the past and have had no problems with them on function nor quality. Colt has been used by the Military and Police for 40 years, must be doing somthing right. Are they perfect? no, they are not, but no firearm is. I haven't had the 9MM long enough to say much about it yet, but the two magazine I fired through it ran perfect and I hit every thing I shot at. When I get the time I'll take it to the range to see how it will group.

The only complaint so far has been with the brass/gas deflector and trigger pull. The deflector I removed and put it up. The trigger pull I can fix. It is a Police gun and the trigger pull was intended to be on the heavy side.

Edited by Banshee

I am building a 9mm AR15 can I talk you out of the old parts?

Sorry, I missed this somehow. I think I'll hang on to the parts.

i'm also looking into spike's tactical, since he lives down the road i'm tryin to convince him to produce a carbine, and also sun devil and CMMG

Colt has a Chrome lined bore and chamber.

I have a RRA 9mm carbine and love it. I sold off the mag adapter and went with a VMH mag adapter. It uses un modified UZI mags. Too much work to cut the mags and I didn't want to ruin them.

Runs great and is accurate. Replaced a beretta storm I had.

Buy one, you wont regret it.

Each to their own. Other companies make fine rifles, I just like Colt. I own two Colts now and have owned other Colts in the past and have had no problems with them on function nor quality. Colt has been used by the Military and Police for 40 years, must be doing somthing right. Are they perfect? no, they are not, but no firearm is. I haven't had the 9MM long enough to say much about it yet, but the two magazine I fired through it ran perfect and I hit every thing I shot at. When I get the time I'll take it to the range to see how it will group.

The only complaint so far has been with the brass/gas deflector and trigger pull. The deflector I removed and put it up. The trigger pull I can fix. It is a Police gun and the trigger pull was intended to be on the heavy side.

That is great, you should not have problems when you shell out $$$s for a weapon. Your satisfaction is what really matters in the end. ASA does not have a chrome lined chamber/bore. I also put one of Spikes Tactical fake cans on it and it really looks good. It makes the gun look shorter When you put the regular EJ port cover back on did it function normally? Is there a problem with brass dinging up the receiver upon ejection? I am also not aesthetically pleased with this configuration and was curious. Thanks.

Edited by U.S Praetorian

That is great, you should not have problems when you shell out $$$s for a weapon. Your satisfaction is what really matters in the end. ASA does not have a chrome lined chamber/bore. I also put one of Spikes Tactical fake cans on it and it really looks good. It makes the gun look shorter When you put the regular EJ port cover back on did it function normally? Is there a problem with brass dinging up the receiver upon ejection? I am also not aesthetically pleased with this configuration and was curious. Thanks.

no problems with the regular cover. The empty cases come out of the gun at about 45deg toward to the front and never touch the side of the receiver.

any Pictures of the can installed?

Edited by Banshee

Colt has a Chrome lined bore and chamber.

Colt is the real thing but CMMG makes a passable clone;)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I got a bunch of stuff for my 9mmAR build a few days ago. Its all put together and I am going out to the range tomorrow. I got most of my stuff from _______ they had good pricing, and were fast to ship. I had to get my lower locally, as they dont have those, but everything else was great.

Edited by Juggernaut
Removed Non Contributor link (See rule 1c)

threadnecromancyns1nf0.jpg

No, not necromancy -

spamcard.jpg

Things to look for:

• First post

• First post in an ancient thread.

• Post is made in the wee hours.

• Post contains highlighted link(s) to buy something.

The above 4 things don't necessarily mean it's a spammer (could just be a ignorant thread necromancer), but if all 4 signs are present, it's a pretty damn high probability it's a spammer.

Edited by nalioth

It seems too coherent to be a spammer, but I've been wrong before. More than likely I think it's just one of those situations where someone goes a-googling for threads related to whatever they have, find one and chime in, but forget to check the date on the thread. I've been guilty of that in the past and make a habit now of always checking the date of the last post lest people think me a fool.

But again I could be wrong, those bots are getting more and more clever...

Edited by Caspian Sea Monster

Spam-masters have taken to paying third-worlders a nickel an hour to sit in internet cafes and do nothing but sign up for forums and spam them (see "the wee hours")

You can stop a spambot cold, but you can't keep humans out.

Spam-masters have taken to paying third-worlders a nickel an hour to sit in internet cafes and do nothing but sign up for forums and spam them (see "the wee hours")

You can stop a spambot cold, but you can't keep humans out.

Lordy, somebody put "caution do not enter" tape around these premises!

• Like 1