What loads you guys using for two-leg animals?

#1 buck or smaller. Slugs and 00 buck can have unintended consequences as they will penetrate 1/2in. drywall interior walls (the ones that your loved ones are on the other side of)! Whatever you use it should be something that cycles reliabily and that you are familiar with shooting.

G O B

If you happen to shoot one with a 3" shell in your gat, just make sure he's pointing towards the nearest hospital or morgue first.

It'll save them the hassle of sending the ambulance or hearse out. :lolol:

My way of thinking is .... Reduced recoil Rem 00buck. Why?

Cuz it's now cheap at Wally world. Very shootable (tested it and WAY Softer shooting than PMC, WOLF that I had on hand that day, by memory softer than 3 inch buck duh and other factory offerings from Winchester, Rem and Federal). Not worried about the strength as the major knock on 00buck is OVERpenetration.

Between shots is VERY managable, and that means a lot to me.

Walmart Federal No8 Birdshot, 2 3/4" Six rounds of that stuff put downrange as fast as a Saiga cycles will definitley make hamburger without overpenetration. And it's what's usually loaded for killing birds and vermin anyway. No sense fumbling for some sort of super-powered special ammo at oh-dark-thirty.

I have no intention of shooting a person however if an intruder threatend my wife or my children well I would use my Saiga and wally world 7 1/2 or 8's. Of course I have a box of buck shot here also if they were to put me into a bad mood.

Would some of you switch to a new buckshot load, if it was frangible?

That's what Remington is gonna show off at the SHOT show...frangible buckshot for police and civilian use. Maybe also useful for army/specops breaching teams too...no need to switch between frangible slugs for blowing door locks off their hinges, but still has the initial penetration and momentum of buckshot, the pattern of buckshot.

Also, alternatively, say you were a soldier going off to Philipinnes or Iraq, and was using a Saiga for CQB, would you use 000 buckshot (10 pellets in the 3 inch) or 00 (15 in the 3)?

I am certainly no expert here, as I have not shot anything larger than coyotes with a shotgun. I can tell you from experience though, that double-ought and triple-ought pretty much suck on 10-40 pound animals. You only end up with a pellet or two connecting even when you center them up in the pattern. #1 buck stops them in their tracks everytime. I just got the Saiga, but #1 Buck through my Benelli M3 works vastly better than the larger shot......albeit on a smaller four legged target.

Depends on the role I'd use it in.

Brenneke K.O. 2-3/4' 1oz. slugs and buckshot of the 8-pellet Choke Precision-patented design. aka. Federal LE13300, or Hornady TAP.

I'm not partial to reduced recoil rounds, but I have not found the 3' Mag to out perform the Choke-type shells and I get more pellets on target at much greater ranges with less worry about unaccounted pellets. :smoke::up:

For information purposes only...

-P.

Edited by Prophet
You should be able to find those in Wal-Mart. Right? Under the counter?

Yeah, but good luck in actually purchasing any (especially since the Wally Word sporting goods help can't even seem to find the Winchester Dynapoints (even when you point to them on the shelf)).

What was you looking for again, Sir...Remington Silvertips? :D