OK so i haven't been around this too long but I was wondering.....

Do ya'll ever do like regional shoots?

I read over over some of the old post's and saw the thread about the Florida shoot.

Just wondering if there has ever been a meet-up or shoot for North Carolina or if anybody had ever thought about doing one.

Ot would be fun meeting some other people who have the same fascination that I have been recently struck with. :devil:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay, I'm up for it. Although I'm not centrally located, I can offer the Watauga County Gun Club's facilities if ya'll let me know in advance. Perhaps Raleigh or another place may be better for everyone though.

Ragardless, I'm In!!!! Cool idea knutz!!!!

Hay, I'm up for it. Although I'm not centrally located, I can offer the Watauga County Gun Club's facilities if ya'll let me know in advance. Perhaps Raleigh or another place may be better for everyone though.

Ragardless, I'm In!!!! Cool idea knutz!!!!

Yer not too far from me. I'm down in Shelby. It's cool you got access to gun club though.

Don't know if I got the expertize or even access to a suitable range to put together a local meet up but it would be fun to have happen.

Used to spend a lot of time up in your area on the weekends riding my motorcycle all over the place. Hopefully I will retire in that area after I get the last kid through college in about 16 years. :dollar:

jeff

Lets see if we can get any feedback from Cobra or the WarriorJudge, I think they're both in the central part of the State, and I know Shellshock is here in

Boone too. One other guy from Lenior. Hay, i had an uncle from Shelby.

There's quite a few people that live in this area. Maybe we could get a gathering out Cobra's way. That would be awesome!!

That probably would be a more central location. Maybe he'll chime in soon and we'll see if he's interested. And certainly work it around a weekend the Sgt. can attend!!

Seems there are a few members in the area.

But yeah heck not just NC but SC, Va, or anyone willing to travel would be cool, but.......

I know Shelby may not be centrally located but I'll start looking around and see what kind of ranges might be available around here.

After all I started the topic and don't want abnybody to think I want someone else to take the pains of organizing a regional shoot or get together.

I just thought it would be cool to meet a few members who are into the Whole shooting thing. Maybe learn a few things about the different guns people have and few different ideas. After all I'm kinda new to the whole AK, AR or semi auto scene and don't know anybody around who has a fascination on these types of guns. All of my friends and relatives are into the hunting calibers and guns like I am but none are into these types of weapons.

Of course I can see why now... I've spent more on firearms related stuff in the month or so I've owned my saiga than in the prior 10 years or so. :devil:

I live in kannapolis NC and i am a member of the rowan wildlife club which is a NRA sponsored range with plenty of 50 yard pits and a 50/100/200 yard range and plenty of skeet and trap towers. I know every weekend there is some kind of A-15, black powder, tatical shoot, etc...... They have a thousand different meets every year. I can def. look into but i dont know how long their waiting list is

I'm in!!!

I'm in Burlington and will be glad to drive in either direction.

RangerDavid

I have family in Blowing Rock and might would be interested in joining a rifle club in that area... Got any more info?

Thanks

There's quite a few people that live in this area. Maybe we could get a gathering out Cobra's way. That would be awesome!!

That probably would be a more central location. Maybe he'll chime in soon and we'll see if he's interested. And certainly work it around a weekend the Sgt. can attend!!

Oh I'm definitely interested. I invite people over to my "range" all the time. It's actually just some private land on the outskirts of town and luckily, right in my backyard. Small get togethers are no problem but if we are talking an organized event with lots of shooters we should probably look into a designated Range....like this one...

http://www.gloryroad.net/~idpa/

This is the place where I saw my first 3 gun competition and met fellow members Topmaul, Fullchoke, Vankiller, & Aegis Dei. Got my Moyock tattoo there when Vankiller was generous enough to introduce me to "The Beast" :devil: DAMN that was fun!

John is there any way you and the boys could help us get a shoot together up there in Oxford? They do have a kickass rifle range and plenty of room for parking, tailgaiting, all that....

I'm not sure what their policy is on private shoots or how that would have to be organized, but thought it looks like a good central location for all of NC and VA.

I'll do some more checking around locally too. I'm actually supposed to be attending a big private shoot just south of here in Moncure, possibly next Saturday, still awaiting details form my friend who owns the land and is coordinating it. We may even be able to get his permission to do something there if a big open field is good enough to serve as a "range". We usually set up tables, and put barrels and jugs and things out there to blast. Last time a few guys brought a shitload of gallon size plastic jugs filled with water. They also bring out the skeet thrower and lots of other stuff to blast. I brought pumpkins...lol. I hope the guy with the AK-.50 shows up with it again, that thing is BADASS!

This is another "pay to shoot" place if we can't get something together on private land (preferable IMO...)

http://www.wakegov.com/firingrange/about.htm

........................ Got my Moyock tattoo there...............................

What, exactly, is a "Moyock tattoo" ???

LOL...I knew someone would ask...

That's a small rectangular, sometimes multicolored but mostly purple and orange place that forms on one's shoulder soon after emptying a few mags out of one of these...

post-1293-1211170512_thumb.jpg

It was born in Moyock, NC...hence the name of the mark it likes to leave on poor unsuspecting, yet adrenaline charged individuals...lol :smoke:

I'm in!!!

I'm in Burlington and will be glad to drive in either direction.

RangerDavid

I have family in Blowing Rock and might would be interested in joining a rifle club in that area... Got any more info?

Thanks

Hay, chevymann, check out www.wataugagunclub.com

thats our local group. nothing fancy, but it is after all, the mountains. I'll PM you my info, have them call my if they'd like to go shoot or attend a meeting. If they already have a CCW, they'll get voted in right away.

Cobra, thank you for the explanation. It even looks painful.

I got a gun kinda like that. A Winchester 1887 lever action shotgun. It still has the original steel buttplate, and the barrel has been shortened from the original 30" to about 22"-24". Oh, and it's a 10gauge.

I'm still looking for someplace around near my house.

So far the only place I've found is the little public range across the state line in SC. It can't be rented or reserved plus it's only 100 yards and do to the way it is set up the only to shoot on the rifle range is from the bench. Doubt that place would work.

I got a few feelers out give me a couple more days.

jeff

yeah, and stay away from the holidays like July 4.

So, What's everyone's schedule look like for June 21??? We may have to pick the weekend most of us can attend.

So, who's in for the 21st??

It works for me.

WJ