If livestock contribute that much in greenhouse gas polluntants, how much are produced by 6 billion HUMANS? Does this then give the dreaded zombies... Ah! You are getting the picture!

Maybe we had best start watching out for zombies coming into the neighborhood armed with clubs and claws and HUNTING/HARVESTING permits for 1.375 humans each? Ye-uch! Definitely need to stock up on ammo for each of my SHTF stuff -- Saiga .410, Carcano 6.5 mm carbine, M-1921 (M-400) Astra 9mm largo and my 7.62x54r Mosin Nagant.

Thanks for the info!

If livestock contribute that much in greenhouse gas polluntants, how much are produced by 6 billion HUMANS? Does this then give the dreaded zombies... Ah! You are getting the picture!

Maybe we had best start watching out for zombies coming into the neighborhood armed with clubs and claws and HUNTING/HARVESTING permits for 1.375 humans each? Ye-uch! Definitely need to stock up on ammo for each of my SHTF stuff -- Saiga .410, Carcano 6.5 mm carbine, M-1921 (M-400) Astra 9mm largo and my 7.62x54r Mosin Nagant.

Thanks for the info!

Aethelbert, how do you like the Mosin Nagant? I just ordered a couple (one for me, one for a friend), figuring it would be hard to beat for $69. I'm looking forward to getting it on the range to see how it feels. I've heard the recoil is like, and I quote, "being kicked by a mule on crack." And I can't wait to find out.:)

My first rifle was a Mosin Nagant, I bought it when I turned 18. The kick is nothing. That Metal butt plate provides cushioning.

In all seriousness, It's a nice rifle, and if you have a proper hold, it doesn't hurt AT ALL. Don't listen to the "Kick by a mule" crowd... they probably also have Buffers and Recoil pads on their x39's and .223s.

DEATH SENTENCE FOR PARKING VIOLATIONS!

That ought to thin the heard a bit!

or all the hippies could quit smoking pot....

That would reduce carbon emissions in half!

Not to mention, that would make people less lazy and more likely

to rely human labor vs mechanized labor reducing emissions even further!

ALSO, without pot, people would eat less, providing more food for the hungry vs. the munchies.

My first rifle was a Mosin Nagant, I bought it when I turned 18. The kick is nothing. That Metal butt plate provides cushioning.

In all seriousness, It's a nice rifle, and if you have a proper hold, it doesn't hurt AT ALL. Don't listen to the "Kick by a mule" crowd... they probably also have Buffers and Recoil pads on their x39's and .223s.

I don't think they kick like a mule, but a 38 has a stout recoil. A 91-30 isn't bad. My 44, 53, and 39 are somewhere in between. I think it comes down to the model, which basically depends on the weight of the gun. Of course if you let it get a run at you, they can all hurt you. :eek:

DEATH SENTENCE FOR PARKING VIOLATIONS!

That ought to thin the heard a bit!

or all the hippies could quit smoking pot....

That would reduce carbon emissions in half!

Not to mention, that would make people less lazy and more likely

to rely human labor vs mechanized labor reducing emissions even further!

ALSO, without pot, people would eat less, providing more food for the hungry vs. the munchies.

People high on pot don't eat food, they eat junk. Potato chip and twinkies. If they quit smoking, we'll just have more junk food available. I mean seriously, have you ever seen or heard of anyone being high and running to the fridge to eat the broccoli? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!

Aethelbert, how do you like the Mosin Nagant? I just ordered a couple (one for me, one for a friend), figuring it would be hard to beat for $69. I'm looking forward to getting it on the range to see how it feels. I've heard the recoil is like, and I quote, "being kicked by a mule on crack." And I can't wait to find out.:)

Mine is an M-93/30. Kick? Depends much on the ammo you're using. Don't know much (as in anything) about the ammo I have except I keep getting the same stuff from Gupton's Gund Shop in Henderson, NC. Seems a 'no-name' but low kick out to my distance -- about 100 yards -- and beautifully accurate. Can't seem to load the pic of the headstamp. Some models apparently kick more -- the M-44 in particular. Well-balanced.

BTW, mine is made by Izhezk (spelling?) which also makes AK's and now -- aw, ya guessed -- our beloved Saigas! You won't really go wrong with one of these.

Hmm. My 'puter just decided to load the second pic...

post-157-1212679680_thumb.jpg

post-157-1212680257.jpg

Racegal20 has shot my buddy's Mosin and she had no problem at all with it. She's also pretty tiny. I'm not sure where that mule kick rumor got started. I shoot the same ammo through my PSL and it hardly kicks at all. It's as mild as my .223.

Not sure what model his is and I'm gonna show my Mosin ignorance here, but it's the shorter one (carbine) with the side folding bayo.

Racegal20 has shot my buddy's Mosin and she had no problem at all with it. She's also pretty tiny. I'm not sure where that mule kick rumor got started. I shoot the same ammo through my PSL and it hardly kicks at all. It's as mild as my .223.

Not sure what model his is and I'm gonna show my Mosin ignorance here, but it's the shorter one (carbine) with the side folding bayo.

Thanks, guys, and sorry for the threadjack...

From what I've learned so far (ain't much, trust me!), the M44 is the shorter, side-folding bayonet model. The 91/30 is more the"sniper's choice" of them, and the others just seem to fall somewhere between.

I *did* hear a lot about he Finnish models being much better, but they are also much more expensive ($295 or so versus $69).

As for the kick, I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. I'm 6'8", 260 lbs, so I don't think a li'l mule-kick is gonna do too much harm. The rumor probably started from people who go about a buck-oh-five soaking wet.. speaking of which, that pretty much sums up the guy who told me about the guns' kick! :)

Mike

I have 2 MN 91/30's, an M38 and a M44, and using surplus 148 gr ball ammo they do not kick at all. I usually shoot 100 rds per session and have no problem with a sore shoulder.

I recently bought some surplus heavy ball ammo (189gr I think) and I am interested to see how much of a difference it makes as far as kicking.

I honestly think my 8mm Mausers with the heavy ball surplus ammo kick harder.

OT side note, I live close to the Camp Gruber OK military camp, and have been hearing light machinegun fire and M2 .50 cal machine guns for the last week day and night. Brings back fond memories

My 03-A3 has more recoil than my Mauser, wich has more kick than either my 91-30 or M-38. The M-38 nagant is sighted dead on at 100yd as you recieve it, but M-44 and 91-30 are sighted with the bayonett fixed. You will need a taller front sight pin

(make from a nail) and to drift the front sight, to use without the bayonett.

Some of Russia's best snipers were 90# women! Stock that thang into your sholder, and roll your sholder into the butt. Any rifle is a beast if you don't back it firmly so you recoil together.

As for the kick, I'm sure I'll be able to handle it. I'm 6'8", 260 lbs, so I don't think a li'l mule-kick is gonna do too much harm. The rumor probably started from people who go about a buck-oh-five soaking wet.. speaking of which, that pretty much sums up the guy who told me about the guns' kick! :)

Mike

Got measured at the hospital this week and it seems I am a whopping 5' 4" tall (short?) "about a buck-oh-five soaking wet.. " and the recoil of my Mosin-Nagant doesn't bother me at all. The Austro-Hungarian 8 mm M-95 and the Brit Enfield .303 I find 'kick' harder.

Edited by Aethelbert

Not to be a dork,

But I ride my bike to work everyday

I have filled my truck up twice since April 1st and it is still full.

BTW I was in Austin last week and just had to change my avatar for a day or two

Inspiration that lasts!

Edited by Gas Giant

I'm breaking out my Ivory handle .45 blackpowder ruger stainless revolver, dumping 30 grains of FFG backpowder down the pipe with a hornady .45 round ball on top and lettin rip. Man I love the smoke from that blackpowder! Hows that for carbon footprint. :haha:

That was FUN! Glad to know I'm doing my part. :)

Your Carbon Belch: Your one-day Carbon Belch has been calculated at: 135 pounds of CO2.

Nice job! (The average American's belch is 41 pounds.)

Thanks to you, we have calculated a cumulative total of 109,764,829 pounds of CO2 set to be released on Carbon Belch Day.

THUS you have prevented a Deer or Turkey or Pig (or other tasty treat) from farting and exhaling our world into an ice-capless, sweltering, sauna of a world where the Polar bears don't have anyplace to live!!!
Wouldn't it just be easier to kill the Polar Bears, since they produce greenhouse gases just like the other animals and are therefore responsible for their own demise? Edited by ClickClickD'oh
So I've been thinking about my Carbon footprint and it's effects on the environment.

I drive 10 miles, both ways to work, drive over 500 miles on a normal weekend (Fort Lauderdale - St. Petersburg and back).

I never take the bus, i speed, accelerate fast, pu-pu the train.

Hell, I even release gases out of my firearm.

According to THIS I emit 57 TONS of CO2 a year!!!!

They said mine was 11. And they know just how I can make it all better. Give them $220 a year. Yeah right. Like that's gonna happen! :ded:

here's how i helped make the world that much greener

Phase 1: replace el Camino with diesel Golf hatchback

-but then I realized that wasn't enough-

Phase 2: move to Europe, walk everywhere instead of driving

so now I don't drive anything, but I had to walk an hour in the rain to get milk.

your welcome Mr.Gore! allz I had to do was more to Eastern Europe!

I scored a 78! Looks like I win! Plants breathe better because of all the CO2 I emit! Who has a higher score than I do? We should have a contest to see who emits the most! TRY HARD to run it up! Plants breathe CO2 and emit oxygen. We breather oxygen and emit CO2. Who are we to choke out plants?

Fuckin' eco-wackos anyhow!

Here's my contribution...

Put away -- as in stop shooting -- any and all firearms. Use only the weapons you see on the wall to make hash (steak, chops, etc) out of delicious edible critturs and also to take care of any zombies who are trying to break in. Kind of hard even for a zombie to keep coming after you once you've cut off its head, right?

And then it's time to grab a cool one at Lodo's. Whoops! A cool brewski creates its own cosmic CO2 storm, doesn't it? Well, back to the beginning, I guess.

post-157-1212789003_thumb.jpg