AK "Quad Magazine"???

I have seen these experimental(?) mags developed by the Russians(?) to fit AK rifles....

I *think* this is a youtube vid of one of them:

109669160roundmaginkrink.jpg

109669260roundmagdiagram.jpg

from: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14686

Is there one avail in the US?

With all the creativity and ingenuity here, why can't we come up with a US made (compliant) 7.62 Quad Mag???

I can see a.223 version..........maybe. But a 7.62 would look like a doublewide trailer attached to you weapon. :D

Why would it? It would only be curved more.

I was thinking of the width of the "quad stack" and the weight of spring tough enough to lift it.

I just did a 'hypothetical' chop job on what a 7.62x39, instead of the 5.45, 'quad mag' *might* look like in this Krinkov. That's IF this krink was also a 7.62. :devil:

109669160roundmaginkrink2.jpg

:devil:

Edited by quikz
  • 1 month later...
Doug at Tantal's had some of these a long time ago, I am pretty sure. Some kind of spetsnaz, SF deal. They were very expensive. I have not seen those mags since.

Izhmash is making brand new 5.45x39 60 round quad mags for the russian Government to fit their AK-74's.

Izhmash has a new co-production agreement with Arsenal of Bulgaria. Problem is if Bulgaria was able to ship them to the U.S. they would be in 5.45x39 and not 7.62x39 which most of us use.

I've been toying around with PVR and epoxy castings lately, and was actually going to produce a low profile ~50 rd. box-magazine sooner or later. I need to get my milling machines going on the molds though. I'll repost on here once I go into "business" or get a successful run going.

I was going to place feed lips on the sides of the box to prevent side-to-side wobbling. The springs are surprisingly strong in stock configuration, and there's not much worry (even for 5 lbs. of ammunition) of the magazine pulling out.