SaigaTech vs. Tromix TG

I have the SaigatechUSA model. Steel. I love mine, and it locks solid and goes on and off in about 5 mins.

I don't know which one is "Better" because I only own one. But I do know that the SaigatechUSA one works perfectly with the SAW AK grip and is rock solid. I love it. Made the conversion a snap.

That being said, Tromix probably makes an equally good product, I just went with SaigaTechUSA.

If I didn't need the Safety Stop (Which I fitted with a little filing) then I'da bought the Aluminum version as that thing looks awesome. But $$$ + Safety Stop put me in the Steel Category. I'll never convert an S12 without a SaigatechUSA plate.

Edited by SaigaNoobie
I have the Tromix and will probably try a SaigaTech next time. The Tromix was nice but required lots of extra work grinding on the aluminum internal block to make it work. You basically have to grind out a 1/2" wide by 3/4" long channel for the bolt-head that holds on the TG.

The saigatech needs the same work done if you use the internal block. I have the aluminum one and it was worth the extra money. The tromix TG come already finished the Saigatech is not. Saigatech has a larger variety of TG and for more then the saiga 12. So for the most part they are the same just up to you to chose the one for your needs and how much you want to spend. I left mine unfinished because I liked the looked.

No, I don't think that the Tromix one covers the hole. The only reason why I went with the Tromix one instead of the Saigatech one was that Mississippi arms took credit card over the phone for buying it. I had it within like 4 days. The Saigatech one (which I actually wanted more) required me to mail a money order which I just didn't feel like doing.

I didnt feel like messing w/a money order either.

I do like certain things about both of them. I went w/Tromix because of the following from the Saigatech instructions. Quote : "2) Check screw hole alignment and adjust as needed by filing the two holes left in your receiver by the conversion with a small round file or dremel tool." I really didnt want to elongate ANY hole so thats why I went w/Tromix. Tromix fitted right up. No filing needed. And if they didnt line up for some reason, it was easily manipulated to line up since there is some spring to it anyways because of how its made.

But like I said, there are things that I like about each.

The Saigatech trigger guards work great with both the 308 and the 12ga. I went with the tech ones over Trix because they seemed more heavy duty and i was right. Both calibers being larger and having more kick i wanted a pistol grip that would hold tight under the pounding. That is exactly what i got too. But dont get me wrong i used plenty of Tromix parts also. I had to do no mods. to the saigatech at all fit like a glove.

The Saigatech trigger guards work great with both the 308 and the 12ga. I went with the tech ones over Trix because they seemed more heavy duty and i was right. Both calibers being larger and having more kick i wanted a pistol grip that would hold tight under the pounding. That is exactly what i got too. But dont get me wrong i used plenty of Tromix parts also. I had to do no mods. to the saigatech at all fit like a glove.

.308 you say? Interesting. I guess I'll pick one of these up when I get going on my .308 conversion. What stock were you using? I wonder if it would work if you weren't doing a pistol grip. I'm looking at the Choate stock.

.308 you say? Interesting. I guess I'll pick one of these up when I get going on my .308 conversion. What stock were you using? I wonder if it would work if you weren't doing a pistol grip. I'm looking at the Choate stock.

Here is a picture of the 308 it is the second one down.

post-11783-1222134240_thumb.jpg

I think this is what I'm going to go with the saigatech plate on my S12 conversion, I have done an AK build, and doing the trigger guard rivets blew.

The money order thing sucks, but oh well. I wish he would accept a discrete paypal or something.

I bought a bunch of parts using paypal for my beretta 92...

Edited by Gibbles
lol,omg you cant spend 2-3 mins to get a money order but you will set in a drive thru line for 10-15 mins just to get a drink instead of going inside :eek:

Have we met? :angel:

Haha

I have to go to my bank tomorrow, I wonder if he would take a cashiers check.... :ph34r:

Edited by Gibbles

The Tromix has more area around the trigger. That style Tromix uses (that the other one kind of looks like) is called a "cold weather TG" because you are supposed to be able to wear gloves with it and still get your trigger finger in there. The opening is very small in the Saigatech one.

The Tromix comes pre finished. The other does not.

It fits without any mods to the receiver.

It makes your Saiga something that, to the average person (from a distance), resembles one of the most sought after shotguns on the planet.

Tromix does take credit cards and so does Mississippi Auto Arms (they carry the tromix parts).

Tromix is a paid vendor here who does more for this site than anyone realizes.

Nuff said IMO.

• Like 1
lol,omg you cant spend 2-3 mins to get a money order but you will set in a drive thru line for 10-15 mins just to get a drink instead of going inside :eek:

Huh???

It is a pain in the arse to get a money order. First you gotta go to your bank (gas wasting), then you gotta go to the post office, wait in line, buy money order, fill the stupid thing out, put in envelope, and mail.

Then 2 weeks later when Billy Bob gets his money order, he then mails the item out.

Paypal and credit cards are so much quicker and less of a pain in the ass.

The Tromix has more area around the trigger. That style Tromix uses (that the other one kind of looks like) is called a "cold weather TG" because you are supposed to be able to wear gloves with it and still get your trigger finger in there. The opening is very small in the Saigatech one.

The Tromix comes pre finished. The other does not.

It fits without any mods to the receiver.

It makes your Saiga something that, to the average person (from a distance), resembles one of the most sought after shotguns on the planet.

Tromix does take credit cards and so does Mississippi Auto Arms (they carry the tromix parts).

Tromix is a paid vendor here who does more for this site than anyone realizes.

Nuff said IMO.

Thanks Shannon!

Here is a picture of the 308 it is the second one down.

OK, I didn't realize that they had made a trigger guard for the .308, I thought you were using the s12 trigger guard on the .308. I looked at their site and checked it out.

Huh???

It is a pain in the arse to get a money order. First you gotta go to your bank (gas wasting), then you gotta go to the post office, wait in line, buy money order, fill the stupid thing out, put in envelope, and mail.

Then 2 weeks later when Billy Bob gets his money order, he then mails the item out.

Paypal and credit cards are so much quicker and less of a pain in the ass.

The post office will sell you a money order with a debit / check card - why go two places? But I agree with you I'd rather point and click online since it is hard to get to the PO during my unpredictable lunch break.

I may look more into the Tromix guard, and I want the AK front site post to go on my build but it looks like it's out of stock.

This will be a work in progress, I plan on buying the parts as I can afford them, once I have enough US parts I will tear into my shotgun (Putting wife through med school right now).

I'm going to fill in the unused holes and duracoat the whole thing once it's all done.

And Tromix is the gucci bag of shotguns IMO.

The Tromix guard actually looks pretty good, I did not notice it has the safety stop built in, for some reason I thought it was a rivet install.

I bought the tapco SAW grip already too.

How does the mounts hold up under heavy fire?

I plan on using this thing in 3gun matches with slugs and buckshot.

I kind of liked the idea of the whole plate, and the skiboat guys SAW mount looked very heavy duty.

I do have some epoxy that I used when putting my AK build together, I put it on the front and rear trunion before I put the rivets and in... :donatello:

ETA: what is the back plate for? URL: http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...products_id=127

Edited by Gibbles
ETA: what is the back plate for?

That is a mount for the Ace or Tromix stock, or for an Ace hinge.

It is welded in place.

Cool thanks

I just Ordered the Tromix part guard, I wanted a 10rd mag to go with it but it said it was out of stock... but the gaurd said the same thing, but at the bottom it said there were some in stock... So hopefully... :bag:

• 1 month later...