As you know, I want to help take care of our young men and women serving our nation.

Forum member Combat Medic is deployed in Afghanistan currently.

I communicated with him and he (his unit) is in need of care packages mainly consisting of hygiene items

and he also stated that his guys are fond of Slim Jims and beef jerky.

Christmas is right around the corner and anyone who has been deployed knows that boredom can be the worst part.

I'm looking into a few places to give me some discount pricing on a few Sony PSP's and Nintendo DS's.

I can't swing this on my own, but I think it would be cool to be able to hook up our guys real good.

(I will post pricing info as it becomes available)

as I stated, we need 10 packages... anyone want to "sponsor" one of our guys and help out?

thoughts/discussion???

I'm not working right now, but I should be getting back to work in a couple weeks. Either way, once you figure out what you are sending and what our fundraising goal is, let us know and I'll do what I can. We owe our soldiers much more than we can ever repay, no amount of money in this world can repay them because what they have given to this country, money can't buy. This is the VERY least we could do, I hope it's a success. How much would it cost to "sponsor"?

Edited by bigj480

do you have his address please? while we're discussing the "big ticket items", we could each go ahead and buy a couple or 10 boxes of slim jims next time at the grocery store, along with razors, deodorant, etc........

what do you think the cost of a sponsorship would be? that might be cost prohibitive, unless the business would do it, but I sure can go ahead and send some other stuff....

I'm in. If there are any sports fans involved, I've sent the magazines below to Arkansas National Guard troops in Iraq. The Lt. I sent them to gives them out like commendations. I sent 30, and he had requests for 50 more. I got a lot of Dura Coating to do!

HOG%20MAGS3.jpg

Edited by gr8santini
I'm in. If there are any sports fans involved, I've sent the magazines below to Arkansas National Guard troops in Iraq. The Lt. I sent them to gives them out like commendations. I sent 30, and he had requests for 50 more. I got a lot of Dura Coating to do!

HOG%20MAGS3.jpg

Very nice! Great job and a very good idea. :super:

WJ

i work in a emergency medical surgery team called a Forward Surgical Team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Surgical_Teams

part of our work when we have a trauma is we cut all gear and clothing from the patient in order to expose the patient and look for additional injurys many times we are in some shit hole FOB or COB far away from their unit and have nothing by the means of hygiene items. especially the soldiers somewhat less injured and can clean themselves while awaiting evac to BAF. what we need.

Cheap T-shirts and shorts

Travel Shampoo

Travel soap

Travel Toothpaste

Toothbrushes

Shaving cream

razors

Wash Cloths

Baby wipes (they are indispensable)

snacks (nothing that will melt in the mail and requires little to no preparation)

letters to our wounded warriors expressing thanks

and anything else you can think of

you can address the package to......

Wounded Warrior

772 Forward Surgical Team

FOB Fenty

APO AE 09310

i work in a emergency medical surgery team called a Forward Surgical Team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Surgical_Teams

part of our work when we have a trauma is we cut all gear and clothing from the patient in order to expose the patient and look for additional injurys many times we are in some shit hole FOB or COB far away from their unit and have nothing by the means of hygiene items. especially the soldiers somewhat less injured and can clean themselves while awaiting evac to BAF. what we need.

Cheap T-shirts and shorts

Travel Shampoo

Travel soap

Travel Toothpaste

Toothbrushes

Shaving cream

razors

Wash Cloths

Baby wipes (they are indispensable)

snacks (nothing that will melt in the mail and requires little to no preparation)

letters to our wounded warriors expressing thanks

and anything else you can think of

you can address the package to......

Wounded Warrior

772 Forward Surgical Team

FOB Fenty

APO AE 09310

I have, seriously, probably 50 extra t-shirts that I got from my old running days. Most have been worn once or twice. Some are now a size too small (I guess they shrank sitting in my closet, because I would hate to think that I have gained any weight).

Would lightly used T-shirts be okay? I would be happy to send them - someone other than my closet shelf might as well get some use out of them.

yea thats great! if they have hole in them or something we will just give em to Hadji.

as electronics go we are pretty good here we have a Hadji DVD bazaar and pretty much all of us have Xbox 360 used games would be cheaper especially multiplayer type games........Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is popular here right now. Hint

slightly off topic here, but I've got a close personal friend in the US Army doing a tour in Iraq right now and I was wondering if a european could also send good to US troops.

i suspect the army might be a tad paranoid about goods coming from non-US locations or bases.

slightly off topic here, but I've got a close personal friend in the US Army doing a tour in Iraq right now and I was wondering if a european could also send good to US troops.

i suspect the army might be a tad paranoid about goods coming from non-US locations or bases.

I would imagine, if nothing else, you could ship it to someone here and they could send your stuff along with a package they are already sending.

I'm kinda piss poor right now, but I'll help as much as I can.

I'd like to help, I'll be hitting the sandbox in May, so I feel like I should help out a fellow joe.

I don't have much, but lmk what we're gonna do as a group.

Please keep us informed... we will want to hook you up when the time comes...

that would be fine Willington

Could you PM me your details Combat Medic..

Heads up guys, the craft store "Michaels" has some pretty nice JERZEES T shirts on sale 2 for $5...

We're heading over there to take a look tonight.

PS In case anyone wants to in the future.. you can just call me MD or Matt.

that would be fine Willington

Could you PM me your details Combat Medic..

Heads up guys, the craft store "Michaels" has some pretty nice JERZEES T shirts on sale 2 for $5...

We're heading over there to take a look tonight.

PS In case anyone wants to in the future.. you can just call me MD or Matt.

MD, sweet deal on the shirts...

As a wholesale screenprinter, I can meet/ beat that price even after the sale is over.....

Keep that in mind CM, I can get about any type of garment "ho"- sale..

Y'all need sweats or whatever..

I'm going to bug the other ~1800 or so people at work...

We do pretty good getting stuff for the troops.

BTW I help test a neat little product that is currently installed in this:

USS MAKIN ISLAND (LHD 8)

http://www.makin-island.navy.mil/default.htm

And a few other very cool things that keep the troops & civilians safe...