New x39 version??

I don't know if anybody knows about this but there is a new version of the x39 long barrel with a thumbhole wood stock on it, with regular ak trigger group. I think its the version 236 hunter, kinda like the version 21 of the 308. They have them on classic arms for $299. It might be rare?

236.bmp

Interesting.

What are the legalities of putting a regular stock on these? Do the trigger groups need to be changed out still? I'd figure it would at least be easier.

These have an angled rear receiver.

Good luck finding any buttstocks that aren't custom made.

The legalities are the same as the other Saigas.

Doesn't ACE offer a reciever block that allows mounting their stocks? Or will they not work on this one?

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...a6421fbdc81b1a7

The Ace blocks will fit these, but you'd have an unsupported angled gap at the end of the receiver.

The internal block would be more stable, but you'd still have the unsightly (and unsupported) gap.

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga.shtml

The above link says that the "-M" class has a heavier receiver. Is that considered an advantage?

Only if you're a weight lifter.

You'll find lots of folks who'll swear up and down that the thicker receivers / milled receivers are 'more accurate'.

The accuracy is actually the same, but when you add more weight to a gun firing the same cartridge, physics says that there'll be less recoil.

"Less actual recoil" may lead some to claim "more accurate" because their gun moves less during firing and they're quicker back to target . . .

If you want more accuracy, you'll need to go for the bull barrels that are found on the RPK type rifles.

236fj2.jpg

It is not rare.

It is just a Saiga-M.

These are made in the Molot factory (and they used to be imported as VEPRs).

Where did you get that info? Are the receivers built the same as the VEPR's. I didn't realize it was the same rifle. This is my first post, I'm in the midst of picking out my first AK and so far the Saiga gets my nod. This is a great sight, very informative.

236fj2.jpg

It is not rare.

It is just a Saiga-M.

Where did you get that info? Are the receivers built the same as the VEPR's. I didn't realize it was the same rifle. This is my first post, I'm in the midst of picking out my first AK and so far the Saiga gets my nod. This is a great sight, very informative.

It is easily verified that Izhmash won a lawsuit with and was awarded the Molot factory.

I love mine,

hands down almost every'ones favorite, unless we use the S12 with the MD 20,.. too.

add a couple US Parts to use the US Made 30 round mags.

Good too go, worth the extra bucks IMHO nice russian wood,..

just to be crystal clear, out of the box, these do not have a bullet guide,.. they do use Saiga mags,... and they crease almost every case ejected.

post-9483-1224906061_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gas Giant
236fj2.jpg

It is not rare.

It is just a Saiga-M.

It is easily verified that Izhmash won a lawsuit with and was awarded the Molot factory.

Ok thanks. I wonder why they are going so cheap?

Ok thanks. I wonder why they are going so cheap?

I'd suspect the previous prices were vastly inflated.

You should be aware that any Kalashnikov factory can produce a complete rifle for less than $100 US.

That is assembly line mass production at it's finest.

Henry Ford would be proud. :smoke: