will dry firing damage saiga?

Metal hammering on metal only causes mushrooms. Make your own dry fire round by using a fired inert empty casing , popping out the primer and filling the primer cavity up with form-a-gasket, or any silicon would work. Then you could install a FMJ bullet in the casing at that point if you have a press. drill holes in the side for identification, file smooth and you're done. :dollar:

Edited by g1rock
  • 3 weeks later...

some times i like to load up my clip and shoot at santa clause while he's handin out hersey bars to cancer kids with turkeys flyin his sleigh . . im kiddin im real drunk (im not shootin) but i love a good cancersantajoke but uh what were we talkin bout . . .oh yeah i dry fire at my 7.62 . . .im kinda force to when clip emptys but it just seems to hold up and be rugged as an ak's supposed to be oh yeah wait a second . . . . did russia invent the ak . . .oh so its normal that my RUSSIAN AK IS SOLID as a muhfukka accurate and i bury it in mud dailly and i dry fire it at my mailman oh . . . . thats expectide

some times i like to load up my clip and shoot at santa clause while he's handin out hersey bars to cancer kids with turkeys flyin his sleigh . . im kiddin im real drunk (im not shootin) but i love a good cancersantajoke but uh what were we talkin bout . . .oh yeah i dry fire at my 7.62 . . .im kinda force to when clip emptys but it just seems to hold up and be rugged as an ak's supposed to be oh yeah wait a second . . . . did russia invent the ak . . .oh so its normal that my RUSSIAN AK IS SOLID as a muhfukka accurate and i bury it in mud dailly and i dry fire it at my mailman oh . . . . thats expectide

hahahaha

Hey what happens with a FA Russian AK set on rock and roll and you dump a mag?

It goes click when empty if you do not reload... not sure if that is bad or good, you just don't want that to happen when there is someone shooting back at you!

There is much sig line material in this post.

Mr shasty will not be "freely posting" for the next three days... his mod preview has been turned on...

As funny as some of that may be, I dont think his FIRST TWO POSTS Are very appropriate. Especially his drunken rant in another section. Which by the way was DELETED...

Maybe when he sobers up he will be more tactful in his humor! :lol::up:

:smoke:

Mr shasty will not be "freely posting" for the next three days... his mod preview has been turned on...

As funny as some of that may be, I dont think his FIRST TWO POSTS Are very appropriate. Especially his drunken rant in another section. Which by the way was DELETED...

Maybe when he sobers up he will be more tactful in his humor! :lol::up:

:smoke:

That may have been him in this video then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7-Q-PkeO94&NR=1 :haha:

I am just wondering if dry firing have potential damage to saiga 7.62X39. Any response will be appreciated!

Call me old fashioned (just DON'T CALL ME OLD) but I believe in snap caps. If you are not familiar with snap caps they can be made (as g1rock posted above) or purchased. The purchased type usually have a spring backed plastic primer for the firing pin to hit.

Purchased or made snap caps are also good for testing magazine feeding, bullet guides, etc. when you really shouldn't be using live rounds but you need a dummy round (bullet and case).

I am sure that Nalioth is probably right but you can see my point about how they come in handy for other things too.

louielouie

Not sure about the value of this information buti remember back in the day there was a border patrol and police demo in our school, after which they dumped their arsenal in one of the classrooms so we can handle them, one of the border patrol guys kept asking the kids to put the AK-63D down because they kept dry firing it and he was afraid they'd break the firing pin. Not sure wether he was right or just overly cautious, but we never found out wether this would really break the pin because later in the day the other BP guy told the first one that all the guns have been stripped of their firing pins.

That was the day when i truely fell in love with AKs.

Edited by Agias
Not sure about the value of this information buti remember back in the day there was a border patrol and police demo in our school, after which they dumped their arsenal in one of the classrooms so we can handle them, one of the border patrol guys kept asking the kids to put the AK-63D down because they kept dry firing it and he was afraid they'd break the firing pin. Not sure wether he was right or just overly cautious, but we never found out wether this would really break the pin because later in the day the other BP guy told the first one that all the guns have been stripped of their firing pins.

Old hands usually learn one thing and apply it to every gun they get after that.

Modern military firearms are designed to be dry fired.

Kelevra Posted Yesterday, 02:28 AM

QUOTE (shastymcbustins @ Nov 28 2008, 02:43 AM)

hahahaha

at least i got a laugh outta kelevra . . .and i did comment on the topic . . .but uh yeah sorry so drunk and uh . . thats not me with a weedwhacker duct taped to my ak :rolleyes:

"...Old hands usually learn one thing and apply it to every gun they get after that."

I warned you Nalioth, I warned you fair and square,

"Call me old fashioned (just DON'T CALL ME OLD) "

HERE YOU GO, FANNING THE FLAMES AND TRYING TO THROW ABSORBINE JUNIOR ON THE FIRE'.

WELL I FOR ONE HAVE HAD IT.

EVERYONE 55 AND OLDER UNITE TO ..... I forgot was I was going to say.

Nalioth, Merry Christmas, ;)

louielouie

if it breaks when you dry fire it, then it isn't worth crap. Dry firing is a great way to increase accuracy by getting the feel for the trigger pull, creep, break, etc.. I wouldn't worry about it in a Saiga or any modern firearm for that matter. I have a CZ52 pistol which has a reputation for breaking firing pins when dry fired because its made of cast material. Later, someone got smarter and is manufacturing machined pins and those have a very good track record.

Tom B.

Old hands usually learn one thing and apply it to every gun they get after that.

Iii dunno, he didn't really look old enugh to have served with anything from before the AK era.