What has the election done to Saiga 12's? How much can I pick one

Looking to hopefully get my hands on something in the next 30-60 days... at least the basic standard "hunting" shotgun itself.

I plan to have it modified like an Tromix S17.

I know there has been a panic buying with AR's, receivers, ammo and mags.

What has this done specifically to the Saiga 12?

Are they still available?

Are they on back order still?

What kind of price range are they going for?

Funds are low, so I will be lucky to be able to afford a regular, stock hunting Saiga 12, but Once I have the shotgun, would I be able to have it modified into an S17 after an AWB?

Edited by TronJohn

Availability has been the tough thing for Saiga 12's over the past two years. This has led to a steady increase in the price.

Several months ago when HR3022 was up, there were no Saigas coming into the country and people were paying between $600 and $750 for stock IZ109's on Gunbroker.

Prices have been around $599 most of the places that I have seen had them in stock. However, those will likely be bought up soon and then the remaining hold-outs will then gouge you on Gun Broker.

If you check with Classic Arms, he should have a few coming in (If not already) for $519. They won't last long at that price and if shipments from Russia are delayed, it will drive the price up further as people panic.

If you are serious, get one when you see it at a reasonable price. I highly doubt they will lose value anytime soon so look at it as an investment.

I tried calling classic arms, like the rest of the country, their phones are always busy.

Does anyone know of an email for them? There isnt one listed on their website.

they stated on their website they are out of 12's, but plan on having another shipment here soon.

got my iz109 locally a few months ago for only $520 after tax :D

Wow great price! what state are you in?

All so called "black guns" are hard to be had now or over-priced if available (not in all cases but in most). If you can find one under $650 I say take it. Otherwise, you might have to pay an inflated price.

-Cheers

they have 2 at a gun store called "Glick Twins" going for 550 here in Texas wish i would have waited but since there high in demand i picked up the very first one i saw well.....ever saw at another gun/pawn store NIB for 600 plus tax :dollar: but in a way i dont regret it cause i havent seen another at that gun store and there selling fast i love mine just waiting for more 10 mags to be released!! gunshows have them for decent prices as well i already paid off mine and they had one at the saxet gunshow last month for 579.99 walk out price

Spoke to several gun dealers in Houston yesterday trying to locate a tactical shotgun for my 81 year old mother. They are telling me that the wholesalers are rationing guns to the dealer channel. The dealers make requests, but do not know how many they will receive. The Saiga's are flying out of the stores before they hit the racks. Some of the dealers are so busy they aren't answering the phones.

Oh man...

Yakdung

:o

Picked up a pair for 500.00 each out the door @the Indy 1500 a couple of weeks ago. People were trying to by them of me packing them around so much I had to take them out to my vehicle so I could shop. Every other dealer wanted 650.00 and up......I live within 30 miles of Scottsburg IN who does the importing and the fellow that does the Q&D gunsmithing for them is my main FFL. I have 4 more coming for 535.00 out the door each in about a week. Seems like they are going to be a good investment. I build my own AKs so these things are so easy to play with! You can do a trigger swap and mount the rear plate in just under an hour if your not preoccupied!

P.

I order two on Monday for $579 plus shipping. Got two 10 round mags for $45 each and a ticket good for one MD 20 drum mag.

I should have picked these up years ago but there were only 5 round mags then and not a lot history on the guns to sway me into them. So I waited, but looking back I should have had some idea where this unique gun was going and taken a chance on their quality and picked them up anyway. Now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Better late than never.

I ordered one a couple weeks ago on a pre-order from Classic Arms. I should see it middle of next week. They have stayed at $519 even when others are gouging, which says alot about the company, IMO. You are right - they are pretty hard to get ahold of. Just keep trying, you will get through eventually. There is another shipment coming.

KLM390 - I was the same way - actually I always looked down on AK-based anything. But I've gotten into them the last 6 months or so just because I knew time was not on my side, and my opinion has done a complete turn-around. I only wish I had bought half a dozen of the various rifle parts kits when they were soo cheap.......

I can't wait to get my hands on the Saiga 12. Just looking at the AGP mag on my desk is not all that satisfying.

Edited by DMGunn
I ordered one a couple weeks ago on a pre-order from Classic Arms. I should see it middle of next week. They have stayed at $519 even when others are gouging, which says alot about the company, IMO. You are right - they are pretty hard to get ahold of. Just keep trying, you will get through eventually. There is another shipment coming.

KLM390 - I was the same way - actually I always looked down on AK-based anything. But I've gotten into them the last 6 months or so just because I knew time was not on my side, and my opinion has done a complete turn-around. I only wish I had bought half a dozen of the various rifle parts kits when they were soo cheap.......

I can't wait to get my hands on the Saiga 12. Just looking at the AGP mag on my desk is not all that satisfying.

Dont worry, i was in on the same pre-order and got mine today so im sure yours will be in early next week.

Boys, this doesn't look good--

www.chinaview.cn 2008-10-25 23:32:15 Print

WASHINGTON, Oct. 25 (Xinhua) -- The United States has slapped financial sanctions on Russia's state arms exporter for its dealings with Iran, a move was described by Russia as something "without international legal foundation," the Washington Post reported Saturday.

Under the U.S. law, any assets of the entities or individuals being sanctioned will be frozen, and no Americans are allowed to do business with them.

The U.S. sanctions were designed to thwart the sales of sensitive technology that could help Iran, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) and Syria develop weapons of mass destruction or missile systems, the Washington Post said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday denounced the U.S. sanctions on Russia's Rosodboronexport, and its subsidiaries, as illegal and unjust.

"These new sanctions were introduced without any international legal foundation whatsoever," Lavrov was quoted as reporting in Moscow.

Russia will not change its policies on Iran because of the sanctions, the Russian foreign minister stressed.

I hear ya.

Looking at my UPS tracking number, knowing my guns are 5 minutes away stuck in a box van since Friday is just killing me.

Looks like it will be a three day weekend for me cause I'll be sitting at my FFL before they open tomorrow.

I hear ya.

Looking at my UPS tracking number, knowing my guns are 5 minutes away stuck in a box van since Friday is just killing me.

Looks like it will be a three day weekend for me cause I'll be sitting at my FFL before they open tomorrow.

I just ordered one yesterday. $610 + ship. More than I wanted to spend but less than I see on gb or ga.....

I wanted to make sure I GOT one before you can't get 'em at all

I bought a 7.62 about a month ago. Love the rascal so much I decided I NEED a 12 S as well. Imagine my surprise when the dealer I checked with told me I'd be lucky to find one for less than $1,100! 600 bucks is managable, but 1100..just a bit out of reach.

So, it appears he was it appears he was setting me up for a serious fuck job..

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I know im a newby, but I knew this site has been around for awhile now. When I first bought my Saiga-12 in 2001 I gave $220.00 including shipping. When I seen the prices had recently went above $500.00 I could not believe it!!!!!!!! Anyone else remeber those days?