It WORKS!!!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pics or lies whatever became of this dead thread?

There was never a .308 adapter from Mike (RenegadeBuck). I (MSA then) produced 3 prototypes (various mag types) independently. None of which went to production as I was eyes deep in other business or

Posted Images

Got any pics?

Surly,

There's just no telling where I'll run into you.

Not yet as I haven't solved the softpoint issue. I found the problem, but am going to have to re-design the front a little. I will let you know when the final product is ready.

RB

Cool. If you need any help, drop me a line.

Got any pics?

Surly,

There's just no telling where I'll run into you.

Not yet as I haven't solved the softpoint issue. I found the problem, but am going to have to re-design the front a little. I will let you know when the final product is ready.

RB

Cool. If you need any help, drop me a line.

Thanks.

RB

Dinging the softpoint bullet tips is not a deal breaker for me at all. When I was a kid,(many years ago), a neighbor showed me a demonstration where he took a file and dinged up some bullet noses. He also dinged up some bullet BASES and loaded them in the same cases, same powder charge and same primers. All rounds were shot at 100 yards. The rounds with the damaged bases flew all over the target. Very erratic. The damaged nose rounds did not group noticeably different from the standard, un-dinged rounds. Probably not scientific, and may become an issue at longer ranges.

vorpal

p.s. Keep me posted. Thanks.

I haven't been to this site for a some time. This adapter is terrific news. I'm definitely interested!

The only info I could find is on this thread. Where can I see more? I see an e-mail address here. Is that the best way to contact Magnolia?

How tough is the installation? Doing my own 308 conversion was a breeze. How does this installation compare skillwise? You mention grinding. Are we talking dremel tool or something more serious?

I haven't been to this site for a some time. This adapter is terrific news. I'm definitely interested!

The only info I could find is on this thread. Where can I see more? I see an e-mail address here. Is that the best way to contact Magnolia?

How tough is the installation? Doing my own 308 conversion was a breeze. How does this installation compare skillwise? You mention grinding. Are we talking dremel tool or something more serious?

Installation is not terrible. It's pretty straight forward, you just have to be careful. Yes a dremel will do all you need. Magnolia doesn't have pics yet as I haven't completely solved the soft point problem. I'm improving though.

I was just browsing through several areas of the forum that I don't normally check and ran across the discussion of Magnolia State's AR-15 mag conversion for the Saiga .223. I was very impressed. If I had a .223, I'd have one of those mag converters.

If they can do a FAL mag conversion for the Saiga .308, I'll do my best to be the first in line to get one. It would solve lots of problems like magazine cost and availability as well as mag pouch problems caused by the fact that the FBMG and SureFire 20 rnd .309 mags are much taller than FAL mags.

I'll be paying close attention to this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to be pushy but I was wondering if any more information was available concerning possible release date of the Saiga 308 FAL magazine adapter. I recently purchased (3) 25rd SureFire magazines and was rather miffed to pay $120.00+ for non-metal magazines. Perhaps the Surefire mags are durable enough but I would be far more comfortable with proven FAL magazines. The current political environment lends itself somewhat favorable to another possible restriction of hi-cap magazines available to the American citizen and purchasing a decent supply of FAL magazines would be much easier on my bank account in these troubling times.

Not trying to be pushy but I was wondering if any more information was available concerning possible release date of the Saiga 308 FAL magazine adapter. I recently purchased (3) 25rd SureFire magazines and was rather miffed to pay $120.00+ for non-metal magazines. Perhaps the Surefire mags are durable enough but I would be far more comfortable with proven FAL magazines. The current political environment lends itself somewhat favorable to another possible restriction of hi-cap magazines available to the American citizen and purchasing a decent supply of FAL magazines would be much easier on my bank account in these troubling times.

I'm giving it a good trying out before submitting to Magnolia. I have all the bugs worked out of it now and so far so good, but I don't want to let go of it until I'm sure! I've been through 500 rounds so far with no issues. I hope to be satisfied with it by the end of the week. I will keep you guys posted.

I'm giving it a good trying out before submitting to Magnolia. I have all the bugs worked out of it now and so far so good, but I don't want to let go of it until I'm sure! I've been through 500 rounds so far with no issues. I hope to be satisfied with it by the end of the week. I will keep you guys posted.

The suspense if freaking killing me! I have got to see this thing(and subsequently buy 2 of them).

Keep us updated for sure..

I waited over a year for a drum, I can make it to the end of the week....maybe. :rolleyes:

Hold on a second....theres a drum?

link?

sorry, didn't meant to hijack. allow me to unhijack.

Awesome idea for the mag adapter. I've got a 223 in the safe too that apparently needs an adapter as well.

Is there a website somewhere that compiles all this info?

J

Is it tomorrow yet? I have a virgin 308 sitting in the corner. :super: :super:

Finnished new prototype tonight. Release works much easier and loads slick, weather permitting will try out and update in the afternoon.

Ok guys, I couldn't get it to work every time with every type of round without making a small change to the mags. You just have to cut and bend one corner (the right front) and it eats all of the rounds. Maybe Nathan can make a different follower when he makes the adapter, this would simplfy things a bunch. I really didn't want to have to make any changes to the mags, but it is a simple 2 min. mod, so I don't think it will be a deal breaker. I'm making another one to send Nathan, along with specs to let him try it out. Hopefully, it will be everything he wanted. I'm gonna let him show the pics and handle it from now on, as his will be much better looking and functional as I designed it to be made of polymer. It just snaps in like the .223 ones, and can be removed and the original mags used also. Inch and Metric FAL's will both work, so I hope you enjoy.

Got it. Thanks. I can't wait to get one of these !

This one adapter solves so many issues I have with my rifle (don't get me wrong, I love it). I can't wait for this to come out. This and the Tech Sights for the AK. So full of win.

Hey ML, see you wandered over here. Lots of great Saiga info here, be careful of the regulars though-they bite. I wouldn't hold my breath on the Tech-Sights, they have been due for some time.

• 2 months later...
any updates?

I've sent the plans, but not the adapter yet. I got to behind on my bills and the economy tanked. I had to work for a living for a while. I hope to have the one finished and shipped by Tuesday. Sorry guys but I just can't do anything without electricity and it will be past due Mon. If the two trucks, go Mon, I'll get it done and shipped Tue. I hired a "mechanic" to finish putting 2 heads on an S-10 and he managed to totally fuck it up. How, I'm not sure yet. I have to pull it down and build it back tomorrow. Damn, good help is hard to find!