Looking for good cheap "00" 9 pellet ammo!!

Hi new guy here and have been looking to get a Saiga-12 for some time and figured I better get it while the getting is good... So have my deposit on one and looking to stock up on some stuff until it gets here.. Looking for some good "00" 9 pellet that will work with the 20 round drums and 10/12 round stick mags.. I know that some is crimped and too long for the drums what are you guys running in them??

Be easy on me I new to this and this is my first post...

-COS

ammuntion to go has RIO full power 00 buck for $124.99 250 rds,the shells.brass and wad look the same as the wolf 00 ive shot both and I think the RIO might pattern just a little better its hot not under loaded S&B buckshot

post-7672-1230781281_thumb.jpg

post-7672-1230781311_thumb.jpg

Edited by pvt joker
ammuntion to go has RIO full power 00 buck for $124.99 250 rds,the shells.brass and wad look the same as the wolf 00 ive shot both and I think the RIO might pattern just a little better its hot not under loaded S&B buckshot

I heard a lot of good things about the Wolf shot shells. I've had a lot of good experience with the Wolf pistol

ammo, and since I'm lookin' to buy two cases (that drum is gonna be hungry :devil:), I want something

I know will work all the time. Unless Ammoman restocks on the Federal Tactical

Buckshot, which goes for $199 a case. Whichever comes back in stock first is the one I'll get. Thanks for the info joker.

The first time I shot a shotgun was a few weeks ago using S&B OO on my S-12.

I put 100 shells through it without a hitch. The ammo was real messy, which doesn't

really bother me at all. As for it bein' "underpowered", I don't really know that since

I haven't tried other brands yet. I sure had a big ol bruise the next morning.

Thanks for the info!! I have read that wolf will not work in the MD drum?? Is this true?? Will the RIO or S&B work?? In the MD drum?? Is RIO reliable??

-COS

Looks to me like the S&B is more like 3" rather than 2 3/4". I only have a Federal 2 3/4" slug for comparison. And

the S&B round is around a 1/4" longer. Good question about the wolf ammo. I'm expecting a drum next week, and I don't

want to stock up on ammo that won't fit in my drum.

Well I'm casting my own buck shot and then reloading it... Should be pretty cheap that way.

I'm trying to think of a way to cut the spurs a bit faster to make enough to sell some. Seems that with how much everyone is paying for 00 buck that it would be a good savings.

the S&B is shit its under powered and real smokey dont waste your money on it

You know what they say about opinions. I like S&B and think Wolf is shit. Shot a couple hundred rounds of both, but hey you know a lot more than me......lol

Thanks for the info!! I have read that wolf will not work in the MD drum?? Is this true?? Will the RIO or S&B work?? In the MD drum?? Is RIO reliable??

-COS

Looks to me like the S&B is more like 3" rather than 2 3/4". I only have a Federal 2 3/4" slug for comparison. And

the S&B round is around a 1/4" longer. Good question about the wolf ammo. I'm expecting a drum next week, and I don't

want to stock up on ammo that won't fit in my drum.

As far as a drum, I don't think the S&B will fit it is a little longer.

Hi new guy here and have been looking to get a Saiga-12 for some time and figured I better get it while the getting is good... So have my deposit on one and looking to stock up on some stuff until it gets here.. Looking for some good "00" 9 pellet that will work with the 20 round drums and 10/12 round stick mags.. I know that some is crimped and too long for the drums what are you guys running in them??

-COS

what gas setting do you guys shoot the potent 00buckshot with? and what the strongest stuff? the winchester military stuff?

-COS

what gas setting do you guys shoot the potent 00buckshot with? and what the strongest stuff? the winchester military stuff?

I leave it on setting 1. I've read that some guys here shoot the potent stuff on 2, just to break in

their guns. I think that the Hornady TAP 8 pellet OO has a muzzle velocity a lil over 1600 fps.

Has anyone used any of that win. military buckshot?

• 3 weeks later...

I fired 100 rounds of Nobel Sport. The ammo ran perfect in my S12. The ammo shoots strong and holds a good tight pattern. To me the Nobel Sport and Rio are very close on performance level. I think Nobel Sport or Rio are a good choice for reasonable priced ammo.

It has 12 pellets, but does anyone have any experience with the Nobel Sport stuff? See this link:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=293300